RPG Suggestion for first-timer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bkord123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bkord123
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

Hi folks. I have a PS4 and I play maybe an hour or two a day or less and I've only played two types of games: 1) Shooters (90%) and 2) Sports (10%). But I've been reading a lot about RPG games and they seem interesting. The only problem is they seem really complicated. Like impossibly complicated! The new Fallout 4 looks really cool but I honestly don't know if I could understand how to play it, keep in mind I've never played any of the earlier Fallout games.

So I was hoping for some suggestions on good RPGs for someone like me that wouldn't be impossible to learn. I've been searching on the Internet and games like Bloodbourne, Fallout, Diablo and Metal Gear seem to come up at the top of most lists. I also like the idea of online gameplay if that's even a thing for RPGs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Cheers.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Online play is a thing but they are call mmorpgs. And as for rpgs for a newcommer - Mass Effect are pretty easy to get into. They are more about choices rather than difficulty and they also play a lot like shooters.

bkord123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bkord123
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

@hyksiu: Thank you!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Steer clear of the Souls series. Great games, but brutal for RPG veterans on the first playthrough. Can't imagine what it'd be like for someone new to the genre.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

FFX HD is one of the only good RPGs for noobs on the PS4. Most of the other RPGs are quite advanced and complicated.