rpg's with great characters and interactions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Koranos (4 posts) -

What i mean exactly is rpg's where you can really get to know the characters and their stories. some examples that ive tried are the dragon age games and the persona series ( ive heard mass effect is great but im not hugely into si-fi). so basiclly an rpg along thoose lines would be great.

#2 Edited by locus-solus (485 posts) -

look into Red Dead Redemption it has a likable main character, RDR isn't a rpg its a action/adventure game & what system are you using?

#3 Posted by Koranos (4 posts) -

well currently i only own a pc and a vita.... gogo emulator xD

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (22216 posts) -

Persona series, Kotor series, Mass Effect series, Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger, I've heard some decent things about Ys: MoC

#5 Posted by Kevlar101 (5993 posts) -

look into Red Dead Redemption it has a likable main character, RDR isn't a rpg its a action/adventure game & what system are you using?

Stop it.

RDR is a masterpiece.... but god dammit, this guy is asking for RPGs.

#6 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

Tales of the Abyss has a great story with a phenomenal cast to back it up. It's got great writing, equal parts humor and darkness. the skits in the game can be either heart touching or flat out hysterical since the characters are so well developed. Plus the ending is strong even though it's slightly predictable.

#7 Posted by GuitarSmash (207 posts) -

Check out Final Fantasy X HD Remaster which will be releasing March 18th. Hands down my favorite RPG and Video Game of all time.

#8 Posted by CTR360 (6923 posts) -

ni no kuni tales of vesperia tales of graces f tales of xilia lost odyssey xenoblade last story

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

Mass Effect, Final fantasy X, Dragon Age, Ni No Kuni

#10 Edited by locus-solus (485 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@locus-solus said:

Stop it.

he was asking for character development RDR has that & i said it wasnt a rpg. oh well the dude is limited to the pc & vita so RDR isnt even a option sadly. emulator?

#11 Posted by RicoMuerte1 (7 posts) -

The Witcher 2 is what you want, fantasic characters and written in a more mature way than the excellent Bioware titles.

#12 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

@locus-solus said:

Stop it.

Except the bigger issue here is that RDR isn't even that great. Most of the characters outside of John Marston and a few others feel extremely random and either don't have enough screen time, or have too much.

#13 Posted by bussinrounds (1989 posts) -

Witcher is like the fantasy version of Mass Effect, but executed much better.

Planescape: Torment

Vampire: Bloodlines

Mask of the Betrayer

Betrayal at Krondor

KotoR 2

Fallout 1/2/NV

Arcanum

#14 Edited by xWoW_Rougex (2749 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2. Who doesn't love all those awesome characters. I really like how different party members gets along and argues, question your motives and all that...

#15 Posted by Ryagan (484 posts) -

Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia, and Final Fantasy X to name a few.

#16 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
#17 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

Tales of the Abyss has a great story with a phenomenal cast to back it up. It's got great writing, equal parts humor and darkness. the skits in the game can be either heart touching or flat out hysterical since the characters are so well developed. Plus the ending is strong even though it's slightly predictable.

This. Jade is a very unique character. You get to see the main character grow and change a lot, and the characters interact with each other A LOT.

Legend of Dragoon, Ni No Kuni, FF 10, Rogue Galaxy.

I'm not sure if you have a ps2/ps1 emulator but you should get them if you want great rpg's. To bad you dont have a ps3 for Ni No Kuni.

#18 Edited by Jag85 (4312 posts) -

Here are some RPG's with great character interactions:

• Dragon Quest V
  • Lunar 1 & 2
  • Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  • Final Fantasy VI / VII / VIII / IX / X / Tactics
  • Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross
  • Alundra
  • Grandia I & II
  • Xenogears
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Persona 3 & 4
  • Mass Effect
  • The Witcher 2

And if you're willing to look beyond RPG's, here are some visual novels with great character interactions:

• YU-NO
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Ever 17: Out of Infinity
  • Clannad
  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Steins Gate
  • 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

This. Jade is a very unique character. You get to see the main character grow and change a lot, and the characters interact with each other A LOT.

Legend of Dragoon, Ni No Kuni, FF 10, Rogue Galaxy.

I'm not sure if you have a ps2/ps1 emulator but you should get them if you want great rpg's. To bad you dont have a ps3 for Ni No Kuni.

Tear is also a unique character in that she feels independent without being "WOMEN'S RIGHTS MEN ARE PIGS".

#20 Edited by juboner (360 posts) -

Xeno blade chronicles, just started playing it and I'm hooked like I was when FF7 came out. Its as good as everyone says.

Dragon Warrior/Quest 4, I played it on my NES and was suprised how good it was for the NES.

#21 Posted by monstar85 (48 posts) -

Ni No Kuni was a great game enjoyed it from start till finish also from the final fantasy series try 7 and X both great games