mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#51 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Dark Souls has no super moves though. And Diablo is still very fun to play as a hack-n-slash on consoles because at least you're movement is improved.

And also, every game has an optimized strategy. However, if it changes depending on how far you go into the game, that's a well-designed game. If you use that same strategy the entire game, that's called dominant strategy, which is bad design. If there's one solitary way to play that never fails, it's a mark of bad design. If you have to adapt and use different strategies, you're doing something right, regardless of difficulty.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: a well designed RPG can negate grinding. Or else, make grinding a non-option that can leave you without a way to get better (I.e. Dark Souls, Dragon Age Origins, and many others.)

If you're not aware of games like that, then you haven't played as many RPGs as you claim :P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@mastermetal777

Just because every game has them doesn't mean you have to build the game around the idea that theres one superior way to do everything or even just one section,

good game design is determined by Viable Options... Not Optimized Strategies.....

"And Diablo is still very fun to play as a hack-n-slash on consoles because at least you're movement is improved."

Which does what for the gameplay exactly ? Its still numerically complex and mechanically shallow..... I can see how many people would enjoy that but thats not the mark of a good game. Thats a Skinner Box.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: .....I said if it changes strategies it's a good game. You're focused on the part where I talked about dominant strategy, the bad design. And as for Diablo, the freedom of movement allows for better placement in mobs and to allow for faster combat in general.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

I never claimed to play many RPGs..... And every method that negates grinding is not without sacrifice, by negating grinding you limit the possibilties for progression, which is essentially half the reason people play'em in the 1st place..... Easy Progress.... Yes, even in Dark Souls and its diminished returns for boosting stats beyond a certain point, level scaling and limited respawns is still easier to make progress in than..... Pick any Fighting Game.

People want to level up, they should just stop dicking around and let them do it.....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

I'm focused on the part where there are dominant strategies in each individual scenario, it doesn't matter if its different the point is theres one clearly better than all the others for that particularly context....... Can you imagine how one side this would be in PvP ?

Like I said.... Multiple Viable Options, as equal as possible in as many scenarios as Possible.....

I can't speak for everybody but I don't like to win by using an Optimal Strategy to minimize any options that maybe used against me..... I like to to win to despite the number of ways I couldve lost.... The more the merrier.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: it's gonna change depending on the scenario. That's what I've been trying to say. And what's balanced for PvP is not always balanced for PvE. I could go over why that is, but I doubt you have the attention span for that, since any long string of text goes right over your head except for a few trigger words that leaves everything you say biased and ignorant

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Balalance is balance, if you change a single value then its unbalanced, it doesn't matter whos controlling what, how does any game suddently become unbalanced when you replace players with AI ?

Why is it okay to optomized against AI but not against people ? Its the samething....

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I tried playing dark souls. It broke my controller greee lol.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lulu_Lulu

@skipper847:

Strret Fighter broke mine