Rougle like, reppin' Game Boy Advance.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seabolt41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Seabolt41
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So I recently decided to purchase a new game boy to help occupy my time, the new college semester starts tomorrow. So far, the only game that I have purchased is the Super Mario classic game. Its the best one, and that's not up for debate. I need the serious help of a Gameboy wizard. I need a game, rouge-like, that has many of the elements that are in the game 'unreal world' for the computer. If you haven't played it, you start in a randomly generated world and then it is your to conquer. Farm and supply the people with food to ensure survival. Pillage villages and burn them tot he ground, even eat the corpses of the dead people. Ultima is also a good example of the game I am looking for. I know it's going to be hard to fins such a game. But if any of you succeed in helping me, trust me, I will make it worth your while. Trust me.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

So I recently decided to purchase a new game boy to help occupy my time, the new college semester starts tomorrow. So far, the only game that I have purchased is the Super Mario classic game. Its the best one, and that's not up for debate. I need the serious help of a Gameboy wizard. I need a game, rouge-like, that has many of the elements that are in the game 'unreal world' for the computer. If you haven't played it, you start in a randomly generated world and then it is your to conquer. Farm and supply the people with food to ensure survival. Pillage villages and burn them tot he ground, even eat the corpses of the dead people. Ultima is also a good example of the game I am looking for. I know it's going to be hard to fins such a game. But if any of you succeed in helping me, trust me, I will make it worth your while. Trust me.Seabolt41

So you want a rogue-like game or an Ultima-like game on the GBA? I'm sorry, but I don't think there are any, the GBA is more of a JRPG machine.

The closest thing you have are Baldur's Gate (which is more like diablo) and Mazes of Fate (Which is more like Eye of the Beholder)

EDIT: Speaking of which, there's an Eye of the Beholder port on the GBA, but I've heard it's not a very good port

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#3 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

The closest thing you have are Baldur's Gate (which is more like diablo) and Mazes of Fate (Which is more like Eye of the Beholder)

rilpas

The second two Lord of the Rings games (bsed on the movies) are in the same vein as Baldur's Gate as well. The first one might be as well but it's supposedly terrible and has a game breaking bug.

If you want to include Game Boy games, there are two Ultima Games--Runes of VirtueI & II.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

logicalfrank

The second two Lord of the Rings games (bsed on the movies) are in the same vein as Baldur's Gate as well. The first one might be as well but it's supposedly terrible and has a game breaking bug.

If you want to include Game Boy games, there are two Ultima Games--Runes of VirtueI & II.

yeah on the original gameboy there were those two games, though they're freaking expensive on ebay
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#5 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

yeah on the original gameboy there were those two games, though they're freaking expensive on ebay

You can get cartridge-only for under ten bucks, I think, but if you want a box and manual you gotta take out a bank loan...

Also on GBA, apparently Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike. I am definitely not a Pokemon guy at all but that makes me kinda curious about that one.

Handhelds are kinda crappy for PCRPG, Rouguelikes and dungeon crawlers in general--even compared to home consoles. The only handheld game I own w/ procedurally generated levels is Heroes of Ruin on 3DS--and I have a pretty decent handheld collection.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

logicalfrank

You can get cartridge-only for under ten bucks, I think, but if you want a box and manual you gotta take out a bank loan...

Also on GBA, apparently Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike. I am definitely not a Pokemon guy at all but that makes me kinda curious about that one.

Handhelds are kinda crappy for PCRPG, Rouguelikes and dungeon crawlers in general--even compared to home consoles. The only handheld game I own w/ procedurally generated levels is Heroes of Ruin on 3DS--and I have a pretty decent handheld collection.

Bah, I wish we'd get a new Ultima collection, one that actually has every Ultima game.

But I doubt it'll happen, there's no market for it

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
This will sound stupid but I'd say Harvest Moon.