Rocksmith 2014 edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ymi_basic
Member since 2002 • 3685 Posts

Anyone else pumped for this? It sounds like they addressed all the issues that were annoying with the original (but I loved anyway). The gamespot review sounds great and ign even better.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I bought it yesterday. They repaired alot of issues, but still not realy fan of the music choise.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm getting this as well. What were some of the issues that were addressed? I loved the original btw

ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ymi_basic

The main thing for me is a big upgrade to the menu system. It sounds like you can pause a song at any time to immediately change the difficulty, speed, drop into the improved riff repeater, or the chord book so you spend more time playing instead of navagating. The minigames got an upgrade and there is now a jam session where you get back-up and suggestions about key changes and such. Check out the reviews.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Bought it last night and played a little bit of it. Menu is a huge improvement. They traded "career"mode for challenges. There are also optional lessons and exercises for basic skills. That was a big help.

Guitarcade got a major overhaul. Not only are there more of them compared to the previous Rocksmith, they look like higher quality, better designed arcade games.

So far, so good.

ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ymi_basic

If you have the original Rocksmith cable, you can save $20 by ordering the no-cable version online. I figure I'll put that $20 toward DLC songs. Can one of you guys with the game tell me how much it costs to get the original Rocksmith playlist converted to the 2014 edition? Does that one-time fee include converting DLC songs that you purchased for the original game?

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VoodooHak

@ymi_basic: DLC songs you purchased in the original are automatically available in the 2014 version for free. For the rest of the songs in the original, you pay a one-time fee of 9.99 USD.

Thhommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thhommy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yeah I wanted to pick up the previous one, but for some reason it got delayed in Europe for like half a year and then I just sorta forgot about it. Next week i probably going to pick this one up

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I really liked the idea of the first one and I had some fun with it, but the bad menus and audio lag really hindered the experience. It sounds like they fixed the first issue, but I wonder if the lag is any better.

ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ymi_basic

Teuf: I think the lag mainly comes from the hdmi interface and the TV. There's an option to adjust for video lag even in the first game so you won't miss scoring notes for being late. I use component cables for Rocksmith and don't notice audio lag. If you are a high end player, you can always feed your guitar through a monitor then to the xbox . In that case, you can turn down your guitar monitor level in the game. Most players of medium ability won't notice any of this stuff even using an hdmi cable.

VooDooHak: Thanks. That sounds like a pretty good deal. I don't begrudge these guys some DLC $$$. This is a niche game and I hope it's profitable for them so that they keep supporting it. In the end it really is a great learning/improvement tool that's fun to play.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VoodooHak

@ymi_basic: I spent another couple hours with it tonight and I agree that it's fun to play. I admit I'm a guitar novice, but RS2014 is doing a much better job of keeping me motivated compared to the original.

ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ymi_basic

@VoodooHak:

Yup. I just got my copy and it seems like my wishlist for this game is taken care of and then some. My only minor complaint is the scale runner minigame is less forgiving than it was. The slow start can be a bit frustrating. Otherwise, the menu fixes exceed my expectations. I love how you can jump in and out of riff repeater and change all aspects of difficulty. Use of the shoulder trigger buttons is nice. I guess the song list is trying to have a bit of something for everyone, but the result is not much for anyone. Fortunately there is more and more DLC and the 50 or so original songs for $10 is a good deal.

@Teuf:

I guess also don't notice audio lag because I don't use the TV to amplify my sound. Usually I'm playing when my kids are in bed and the sound from my guitar is enough. I really wouldn't let lag stop you from picking up this title. It comes with a sheet that shows several set-up options to eliminate any lag.

spunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spunx
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

The worst thing about Rocksmith 2014 is that it makes me realize how well I could shred the ol' axe if I had been playing it for all these years instead of pissing my life away on other games.