Risk of Rain is brilliant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SteXmaN (447 posts) -

Risk of Rain is an action platformer/adventure game with randomized elements.While we don’t want to spoil the story, we can let a few things through! The game is set in the distant future, where space transportation is common. Space trains carry passengers and goods all across space. A particular space train, however, had some very special cargo. Through a series of unfortunate events, this space train gets shot out of orbit and crash lands on a mysterious planet.. with one survivor.

What amazing indie game.It's addictive,great side scrolling combat,coop,requires skill,beautiful pixel art design...just..just everything.

Watch TBs "review" and try out the demo or just buy it,you won't be disappointed.

#2 Posted by Jacanuk (4479 posts) -

Wow this guy is slow

Some of us have been playing it for weeks.

#3 Posted by SteXmaN (447 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Wow this guy is slow

but not a single thread for this game on the forums(i checked it but if there is a thread ,i'm sorry,couldn't find it),only 4 ratings on user reviews and thats for a "wow" my friend.Only few people mentioned it in the comments and this game deserves a thread.Maybe someone missed it,so i made the thread.

I don't care if you are the first person in the world that played it,that is not the point but you made me laugh i give you that xD

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (4479 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:
@Jacanuk said:

Wow this guy is slow

but not a single thread for this game on the forums(i checked it but if there is a thread ,i'm sorry,couldn't find it),only 4 ratings on user reviews and thats for a "wow" my friend.Only few people mentioned it in the comments and this game deserves a thread.Maybe someone missed it,so i made the thread.

I don't care if you are the first person in the world that played it,that is not the point but you made me laugh i give you that xD

That is true, its not been talked about.

But this is also gamespot and here most only play or at least talk about AAA games.

Anyways its a great game and if TB made you play it, great and the game dev´s deserve the added hype and im sure you wont regret it :)

#8 Edited by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -

It really is a fun game especially if you have a friend to play it with

Though if you haven't already checked it out I advise you watch the giantbomb quicklook I'm not really a fan of WTF is

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-risk-of-rain/2300-8219/

#9 Edited by darkmoney52 (4309 posts) -

Yup, been playing it quite a bit, it definitely deserves a lot more love. Great action, great presentation, and the different playstyles with all the characters is fantastic. The only real negative is how inconvenient the online is.

#10 Posted by Jacanuk (4479 posts) -

@darkmoney52 said:

Yup, been playing it quite a bit, it definitely deserves a lot more love. Great action, great presentation, and the different playstyles with all the characters is fantastic. The only real negative is how inconvenient the online is.

What do you mean "inconvenient online is" ?

I have played a lot online and its pretty great also that the game doesn't end even if you die as long as one is alive and makes it to the next level.

#11 Posted by Minishdriveby (9975 posts) -

It's probably not being talked about here because GameSpot has taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of months. Low user activity, low posting activity, and most are only concerned about the new consoles. It looks like an amazing game, and when this along with Nuclear Throne hit $5 on steam, I will be getting them.

#12 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Nuclear Throne is genius, probably my favorite indie game this year.

That said I am definitely grabbing risk of rain soon!