Reviving My Dreamcast Browser.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Narroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Narroo
Member since 2006 • 2165 Posts

Hello, I was just looking for some help here....

I decided today, after a couple of years of not touching it, to use my Dreancast Browser. (Version one, I think.)

But alas, I can't figure out how to set it up. I tired putting my (Dial-Up) People PC E-Mail account in, as well as my dial-up numbers, but it didn't work a bit. Anyone know how to change the settings to get it to work?

P.S. It's late here, so I'll be going to bed soon, so if you wish, post something and I'll check it in the morning.

P.P.S. Please no "That's stupid", and "I have no Idea"-(post for the 5x time in a row.), type posts. I need help, not flaming.

So can someone help me please, or at least guide me to somewhere I can find help?

hellraiser6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hellraiser6669
Member since 2006 • 727 Posts
God I miss my Dreamcast (Best system ever). If I had the A/V cable for it still I could try to setup internet on it. But if I remember correctly I think you had to install the internet browser for you ISP onto the Dreamcast. I don't remeber off hand, that's been years ago that I set mine up, but I'll see if I can dig anything up for ya. Your doing a good thing here man. Dreamcast for life!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

I used to post on this forum (videogames.com) on my Dreamcast, then when they switched to these new forums it wouldn't work anymore. I had version 3.0 I believe, so I doubt yours would even work at all anymore.

Best to not do it anyway. You don't want to break your system surfing the internet. I don't have mine anymore for that reason.

Narroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Narroo
Member since 2006 • 2165 Posts

I used to post on this forum (videogames.com) on my Dreamcast, then when they switched to these new forums it wouldn't work anymore. I had version 3.0 I believe, so I doubt yours would even work at all anymore.

Best to not do it anyway. You don't want to break your system surfing the internet. I don't have mine anymore for that reason.

EdgecrusherAza

How did you break it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

It just wore out from having it on all the time, online. I'd be playing games, then I'd throw the browser in for hours. Too much work for it. Back then I didn't have a PC at home.

It refused to load any discs after awhile.