Review: Final Fantasy VIII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Since you posted your review on this forum for everyone to see, I will give you some advice.

Typos aside, this is an informative review. However, this game was released fifteen years ago, so a modern review of this game would be better suited to expressing your opinion about it rather than simply stating the main character, his weapon, and guardian forces along with card battles; and so on. Reviews discussing game content are better than those that simply list it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

In addition to what Bran said, also consider adding a short introduction to your articles. Retro reviews are perfect for this, as you can provide a little background on what gaming was at the time the game in question came out and then segue into how it raised the bar for the industry, for example.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

In addition to what has been said, don't ever recommend an emulator and rom in a review. I'm unsure if that is what you did at the end of your review but it kind of sounded like it. It just sounds low class and plus, it's illegal. Recommend people to buy it cheap online instead! Cool review by the way, FFVIII is one of my favorite FF games of all time.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@-paranorman-: or buy the digital version from PSN for ps3/ps4/psp/psvita. When I first played this, I broke the game. I power leveled Squall to 90 something on disc 1, and farmed the item that can be used to keep someone in limit break state and plowed through everyone. I remember liking the story well enough, but even then hated Zell, Selphie, and Irvine. They were all just awful.

Love me some Quistis though. Squall shoulda hooked up with her.

MFPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 MFPunch
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

I've tried so many times to get through the game but I can never do it. I just lose interest I guess.