retro game systems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Hello everyone...
I have a question maybe you can answer. Over the years I see many people in love for older systemss ystems like neo-geo , amiga, and atari are super  systemsthat every collector wants. Add to them systems like saturn and dreamcast.I have seen people have great passion for those systems...

but i never have seen any one having passion for ps1, why is that?the ps1 was a highly popular system and top in its era over the saturn and n64 but i never seen any one looking for ps1 or dedicating special websites for itlike there is for saturn , dreamcast, amiga, and many other older consoles...
why is that?
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Part of the reason is because PS1 games never quite feel as old as N64 games or Saturn games. Since the PS2 was backwards compatible (as is the PS3) people were able to keep playing the games.Another reason is with the exception of the RPG's a lot of PS1 games don't hold up as well as many 16 bit games. A lot of the PS1 games, particularly early ones, the developers were learning how tomake 3-D games so the gameplay was never very polished and some of them just look bad by today'sstandards. But trust me there's plenty of passion over the PS1. It was a Renaissance for RPGs, the birthplace of the survival horror genre, and a time when gaming started to grow up.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
Because of backward compatibility. Normaly when a new console comes out you move onto that and for a while forget about your older console. When you do come back to it eventualy, you get that nostalgic feeling. With the PS2 beeing backwards compatible - people never realy stopped playing PS1 games. As it gets even older more people will start to develop that feeling.
Raider47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raider47
Member since 2006 • 525 Posts
prolly cuz every1 still has there PS1. that or because u can play all ps1 games on the ps2
Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kingmohd84
r u saying the same willh appen to the gamecube since it can be played on wii?
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

I think first gen 3D games aged pretty bad, especially on the PS1. Those early 3D graphics were bad.....not to mention, the PS1 had a lot of horrible games.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Hello everyone...
I have a question maybe you can answer. Over the years I see many people in love for older systemss ystems like neo-geo , amiga, and atari are super systemsthat every collector wants. Add to them systems like saturn and dreamcast.I have seen people have great passion for those systems...

but i never have seen any one having passion for ps1, why is that?the ps1 was a highly popular system and top in its era over the saturn and n64 but i never seen any one looking for ps1 or dedicating special websites for itlike there is for saturn , dreamcast, amiga, and many other older consoles...
why is that?Kingmohd84

That's exactly why. The PlayStation is/was common, plain, dull, and pretty much anyone who is into videogames is familiar with it.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kingmohd84
i think the ps was great system with wide libraryyes lots of bad games, but also means lots of great games at the same timelots of good memories...