Resident Evil 7 to be an Xbox One exclusive. Big deal?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

The rumor is that the next RE game will be announced at E3 as an Xbox One exclusive. I know RE 6 kinda got slammed but it still sold pretty well. At this point everyone should be buying both consoles anyways, but how much would you care if you couldn't play the next Resident Evil game?

Edited with links cause you guys are lazy:

http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Resident-Evil-7/Geruecht--Exklusiv-fuer-Xbox-One--Ankuendigung-auf-E3-2014,news,37416.html

http://realgamernewz.com/30629/resident-evil-7-exclusive-for-xbox-one-rumor

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

What rumor? lol

I dont see anything on gaf.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Not been A huge resi fan since no3 but exclusives are always something to be happy about regardless of the platform they are on. Hopefully its an awesome game! Personally I would rather see more new games this gen rather than sequel after sequel after sequel. If this rumour is true then MS are certainly ensuring the exclusives are flowing.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This Depends if the game will continue to have co-op.

Also Capcom would never go exclusive, theres more money if they go Triple Platform.

This doesn't explain Dead Rising 3 though. Maybe Microsoft is footing the bill for the entire production of Capcoms games that maybe exclusives.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

@ always_explicit

Exclusives are a Bad thing !

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44162 Posts

I really doubt that this could be true but if it is then it would be a pretty big deal. I have an Xbox One so this wouldn't be a problem for me.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Until Capcom confirms, I don't believe in the rumor.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I wouldn't play Resi 7 if Capcom's president drove to my house and handed me a free copy. And gave me cash. And a new black Ferrari with "ZZoMBiE13" engraved on the door. And pet my dog.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Also Capcom would never go exclusive, theres more money if they go Triple Platform.

This doesn't explain Dead Rising 3 though. Maybe Microsoft is footing the bill for the entire production of Capcoms games that maybe exclusives.

Capcom went exclusive for almost an entire generation with the Gamecube, it wouldn't surprise me if they were bought again.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

They've learned and grown. They know better now. Exclusivity is not in anybody's best interest.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

That's nothing to gloat about. Have they played RE6 yet?

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By firefox59

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Capcom went exclusive for almost an entire generation with the Gamecube, it wouldn't surprise me if they were bought again.

Yeah, the rumor includes something along the lines of a partnership between Capcom and MS and DR3 was the first step.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
@S0lidSnake said:

What rumor? lol

I dont see anything on gaf.

It's a foreign source. I figured if I posted the article it would get shredded. Can still talk about Capcom and exclusivity.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

I don't think they would do that.

Capcom screwed themselves over with RE zero, and had to name it Code Veronica because Nintendo had the rights to the "numbered/main series" or whatever.

Even the last "exclusive" Resident Evil game was Revelations and that got an "HD version" for consoles.

I just don't think Capcom will make another exclusive RE game.

I also still don't understand the glorified bashing of RE6. The game wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either.

The melee system was awesome, the game was hard, and you could move while aiming your weapon.

I'll admit that Chris' campaign was simply ridiculous, the controls were awkward at times, and I found that the game got old FAR too quickly.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@firefox59 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Yeah, the rumor includes something along the lines of a partnership between Capcom and MS and DR3 was the first step.

Deep Down is a Capcom PS4 exclusive... dumb question but has Capcom announced a game that's cumming out on the PS4/X1 that isnt exclusive?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@ locus-solus

Looks like Capcom is hedging its bets. LOL :p

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Resident Evil is dead to me . They can make it Ouya exclusive if they want . I'll take Amnesia , SOMA , The Evil Within , Among the Sleep , Routine and other survival horror games over that mindless action game where zombies use AK47 and throw grenades at you .

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Rumors are a lot like tumors. They're usually benign, but every now and then it turns out to be cancer and somebody's going to die.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The next RE game is multiplat, It's called The Evil Within. I'm half joking. But seriously, who cares about Resident Evil? It's poopy now. However...

Oh shit. If this is true, that is great for X1 owners. Also, an obligatory: "Capcom needs to get their shit together and make a good Resi before I give a ****" statement.

donmuath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 donmuath
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

No.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Capcom screwed themselves over with RE zero, and had to name it Code Veronica because Nintendo had the rights to the "numbered/main series" or whatever.

What do you mean?

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

If it was actually good and made innovative use of Kinect.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I doubt that will happen, but it's not like I care since I ultimately decided to pass on RE6.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@gameofthering said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

What do you mean?

ugh

I just realized I botched my last post REALLY badly.

The actual game I was thinking of was Code: Veronica, not Zero.

When Code: Veronica was originally released, Sony had the copyrights to all number titles in the series.

So when Capcom decided they wanted to make a Resident Evil game for the Dreamcast, they had to change the name from Resident Evil4, to Code: Veronica.

Obviously, Sony lost the copyrights to the numbered series some time after the release of Code: Veronica, because Resident Evil 4 was released for the Gamecube.

That, and the fact that Capcom has shown a large interest in releasing Resident Evil games, and updated versions, for a wide variety of platforms (Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Dreamcast, Wii, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iPhone, PC), makes it very difficult for me to believe that they would ever go the route of making a game an exclusive, especially a main series game.

CoquiNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CoquiNegro
Member since 2013 • 171 Posts

Where the hell is your source?

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER: You actually botched it twice.

Code: Veronica was originally developed as Resident Evil 3 with Resident Evil: Nemesis planned to be the unnumbered spin off. It had nothing to do with Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Rumour? what rumour? Oh, you mean the one you're spreading right now?

Source or I'll call it bullsh*t

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

they dumbed down RE5 and RE6 for Xbroke so it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom allowed M$ to bribe them to do it again, I'll never buy a M$ system so that would end the series for me. I popped in RE6 after beating both the Wii U and PS3 versions of Revelations, RE6 felt like the 11GB dvd games it is. Capcom has done nothing for Sony, cancelled the PSP game(which was more than likely Revelations) and never released it so far for Vita, and they never made a PS3 level game or upgraded RE5, or RE6 for PS3 standards of graphics. The Gold edition of RE5 was just another cheap money grab from them. Revelations wasn't even made my their main production team and it was superior to RE6 by far. Hopefully this is just a troll and the source I won't even bother to examine, but if they were to pull this crap I'd take a game developed by the Tose Revelations dev team.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I won't play it.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#32 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

First - What a bizarre rumor with no link. Ok.

Second - If true, yeah, it'd be a pretty big deal and a good get for the Xbox brand

Third - Personally I wouldn't care. How many times has Capcom made an exclusive only for it to later go multiplat? Like Code Veronica, 4, and Revelations. They were all exclusive at one point.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#33 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I personally kind of find this rumour a little hard to believe, but hey anythings possible! Anyone that knows me, knows that I dont care about platform, just GAMES! So if it looks good and plays well, then hell I'd be happy to own it on my xbox!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By firefox59

@Vatusus said:

Rumour? what rumour? Oh, you mean the one you're spreading right now?

Source or I'll call it bullsh*t

Oh no you caught me. I get off on making shit up and watching people argue over it.

http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Resident-Evil-7/Geruecht--Exklusiv-fuer-Xbox-One--Ankuendigung-auf-E3-2014,news,37416.html

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not happening. Capcom would be fools to accept Microsoft cash for exclusivity because it wouldn't be enough to cover the amount of copies sold on PS4, given its phenomenal sales.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Metamania said:

Until Capcom confirms, I don't believe in the rumor.

Pretty much this, even then don't think I'll pick up a X1.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm waiting for The Evil Within. I personally would rather see a Dragon's Dogma 2 than a new Resident Evil game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I would laugh at the internet's reaction while it's probably nothing valuable lost anyways.

I actually think Capcom will go bankrupt this generation, maybe SE too, though that's less likely.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#39  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

@HipHopBeats: Yep,Evil within coming our way so i really don't care.

and some really great PC exclusive horror games are announced and there is also Alien Isolation

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@SteXmaN: The Evil Within seems to be a middle finger to Capcom from Resident Evil's creator.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Ha, no. Why the hell would they do that. There was a rumour Resi 5 would be a 360 exclusive years and years ago.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 firefox59

@Chozofication said:

I would laugh at the internet's reaction while it's probably nothing valuable lost anyways.

I actually think Capcom will go bankrupt this generation, maybe SE too, though that's less likely.

That's why exclusivity makes sense, it's guaranteed money.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

When was the last time a Resident Evil game was an exclusive? 4? Nope, Revelations? Nuh-uh, when? Oh, Resident Evil Gaiden. I just made myself look stupid. Carry on.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Theres no way its gonna be an X1 exclusive for 2 reasons

1) X1 is behind PS3 globally , why on earth Capcom to do that ? They wont benefit at all from doing such thing

2) As RE 4-5 and 6 found their way to all consoles , even on PC and sold good on almost every single platform why to change the formula

As for RE7... I dont give a crap personally. After RE:remake and Code Veronica game went downhills. RE4 was the start of this mess , RE5 even more than 4 and RE6 even more than 5... I dont think they can save the day with RE7 ... They promised game will change after re4 , they said the same after RE5... All im waiting is a RE2 remake similar to RE remake of GC and im sold

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I doubt that. Most companies want to maximize profit....and RE has sold well on Sony platforms. I really don't play the games so it doesn't matter to me if they even continue the series.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@firefox59 said:

The rumor is that the next RE game will be announced at E3 as an Xbox One exclusive. I know RE 6 kinda got slammed but it still sold pretty well. At this point everyone should be buying both consoles anyways, but how much would you care if you couldn't play the next Resident Evil game?

Edited with links cause you guys are lazy:

1) We aren't lazy. I think it should be expected that when you make a statement you have actual proof from a credible source to back it up.

2) People should be spending 1000 dollars for 2 systems? Not sure what would make you think people have that kind of money to throw away on gaming consoles.

3) I give 0 shits about resident evil anymore, I haven't for quite awhile now.

4) This is purely RUMOR and not at all true until Capcom says themselves officially one way or another. This is how bad information gets spread around when people perpetuate it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't think it is true.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

After how bad 6 was I don't really care about RE anymore, but if the rumour is true then it'll be a huge blow for Sony and PS4, the franchise is still a big seller.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@dvader654 said:

Oh come on, you cant possibly believe this.

RE would never go exclusive to one console out of the blue and alienate where most of its fanbase is... oh wait. :P

Pretty much my thought. You'd think bigger websites who knew people at Capcom and/or MS would have picked up on this rumor by now, but Capcom has done crazier (at least Xbox fans are willing to buy M rated games).