Resident Evil 4 question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mountain2012 (55 posts) -

Who is this Krauser guy, what is he doing in the game, why should I care?

#2 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

Jack Krauser- RE Wiki

I'm not reading all that but he's a military person who was Leon's partner sometime before the events of RE4. He also wants to stab you in the face because...well, he's a twat.

#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

A partner of Leon's that was supposed to have been killed.  They never really elaborate why he went rogue outside his lust for more power, I suppose.  It still doesn't explain his dedication to Umbrella.

Their relationship is explored in Darkside Chronicles on the Wii. Worth playing IMO. Fun game.

#4 Posted by Flubbbs (3099 posts) -

man that Krauser fight was tough as hell back in the day... not the knife part but the final battle with him

#5 Posted by mountain2012 (55 posts) -

man that Krauser fight was tough as hell back in the day... not the knife part but the final battle with him

Flubbbs

I'm not looking forward to fighting him on professional mode.

#6 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i like the game a lot, but i couldn't give a reason why you should care about him as a character. RE4's cut-scenes are there to give amusingly cheesy one liners or get skipped. the chainsaw freaks, iron maidens, garradors and other normal monsters were more memorable characters because of the gameplay situations they create.
#7 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

He was a bit of a tough fight. As a character he's nothing more than a previous-friend-of-hero-turned-villain-for-whatever-reason.

#8 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -
Just another character in a convoluted game.
#9 Posted by Business_Fun (2282 posts) -

He's Leon's father, come to punish his son for leaving the bathroom light on when he left for his first day at the RPD.

#11 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

Krauser was a friend of Leon in the military as said above, but eventually, he started working as a double agent for Umbrella and Saddler.