Resident Evil 1 Remastered ! Woo Hoo !

Posted by LexLas (4237 posts) -

This is the year is all happens. Not only will great racing games come to the new consoles, which is the main reason i got one. But Resident Evil 1 is being remastered ! This was one of my first games on PS1, stayed up many late nights, addicted to this game i was. My first son was not even 1, he used to say " Resident feefull daddy " hiding behind the curtain. Now in college, i'm sure we will both have much fun playing this cool remastered version. This is history in the making, i my opinion. The game that made me into a huge gaming addict is back. Video below ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBO1jg6wEy8

#1 Edited by Flubbbs (3050 posts) -

i never got to play the REmake version so i am excited and this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully this does well enough to show Capcom people want RE2 remade

#2 Posted by Treflis (11517 posts) -

That's good news, never got the Remake for the Gamecube since I didn't see the point in buying a console for one game. Not to mention the games were expensive as hell here.

#3 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

i never got to play the REmake version so i am excited and this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully this does well enough to show Capcom people want RE2 remade

Capcom should already know that.

#4 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

I barely see a difference lmao. Why would they remaster a PS1 game? How pointless.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (8253 posts) -

Pc gamers (being incredibly powerful human-beings) will most likely mod this well beyond any additions Capcom add.

#6 Posted by Buckhannah (293 posts) -

@Star0 said:

I barely see a difference lmao. Why would they remaster a PS1 game? How pointless.

They aren't. That's actually a Gamecube version referred to by fans as "REmake". This is a port of REmake with better textures and a higher resolution/framerate.

#7 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@Star0 said:

They aren't. That's actually a Gamecube version referred to by fans as "REmake". This is a port of REmake with better textures and a higher resolution/framerate.

My mistake. So it's a port of a port? Still, how 'riddle-culous'.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (22736 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Buckhannah said:

@Star0 said:

It's a port of a remake, a pretty good remake fyi.

#9 Posted by Buckhannah (293 posts) -

One of the top 5 games in the survival horror genre, easily.

Now if I could just get Silent Hill: Shattered Memories HD.

#10 Posted by dakan45 (18614 posts) -

Suprising considering the game didnt sell on gamecube and "apparently" that was the reason they ditched horror in RE4.

"This was one of my first games on PS1"

Yes but this is the gamecube version they remasted, with that horriblly confusing level design that had nothing to do with the ps1's version map.

#11 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Buckhannah said:

@Star0 said:

What makes the Gamecube version a remake and not a port? Updated textures?

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (22736 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Star0 said:

@Buckhannah said:

@Star0 said:

What makes the Gamecube version a remake and not a port? Updated textures?

They added/redid a lot of stuff, new bosses/areas ect ect (like you have to burn zombies or they'll comeback). Like the shark area is completely different....and scary..

#13 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -
#14 Posted by Buckhannah (293 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Ballroompirate:

Sounds like an updated port.

They completely redid all the assets of the entire game and altered large portions of the game, as well as adding several new areas and a brand new boss character named Lisa Trevor. They also added brand new gameplay mechanics like the crimson head zombies, super fast and powerful mutations that occur if you do not blow the head off of a zombie, or burn it's body within a set time from killing it. It was a full remake, that's not even a debatable point.

#15 Edited by Pedro (21059 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Ballroompirate:

Sounds like an updated port.

Its not a port its a remade game. Repeating that it is a port doesn't change the fact that it isn't. The game was REMADE.

#16 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

@Buckhannah: yep, basic fact. well-said.

though, at ballroom- "scary" in its true sense was and is never the right word, for me. doom3/ or fear got me more "scared" than RE, though, those 3 are all basically the same in my book. silent hill 2 still always pisses me off too much in it's gameplay mechanics.

condemned games actually get me creepin a lot, lol.

#17 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -
#18 Posted by nicolas_aoi (12 posts) -

is a great game, more people can enjoy this amazing ramake

#19 Edited by Randolph (10500 posts) -

@Star0: says anyone with a functional brain who takes ten seconds to look at the psone version and the GameCube version we are getting a port of. Stop trying so hard.

#20 Posted by Legend002 (7084 posts) -

REmake on GC is the best video game remake of all time by far. Glad I can play it on my quad now.

#21 Posted by trollop_scat (2648 posts) -

@LexLas: So when's the release date? The Evil Within comes out soon so this game won't be all that interesting, Capcom needs to get it out ASAP...

#22 Posted by KingsofQueens (2207 posts) -

Eh, been there and done that on the Cube.

Good for those who've never played the game