[REQUEST] RTS Space Game - NOT Turned Based or Need Funding!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by needspractice (7 posts) -

I have played Sins of a Solar Empire and EVE Online.

EVE Online is way too much work. I liked it but I do not want to get off work to only work some more. I do not mind a little work mixed with fun but a good balance of both.

I have played Sins and like it a lot; but jut wondering if there is anything new since that game and 2008. I know they have Rebellion but looking for a little more.

I do not want any turned based games at all and I do not want a game that is coming out. I want to play something now.

Its for me and my dad. we are older but wanting to do something together. I like different games and so does he but we agree on a Space Game. We absolutely love the Robert Industries game that is coming out but like I said we are tired of Funding this and Funding that. We want to play something now. We are just surprised that in 2013 there is no updated space Sims with everything.

So please give me some great advice. But this game might not be available. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

P.S. And no NOT Homeworld ... LOL ... Want something newer than Sins ...

#2 Posted by needspractice (7 posts) -

Bump ... Anyone?

#3 Posted by visceron (2160 posts) -

@needspractice: I have also been looking for a similar title for quite some time. I had high hopes for Star Ruler, but it appears that the game was released unfinished.

Maybe this list will help you: http://www.giantbomb.com/4x/3015-214/games/

please note that most of the games in the list are turn based, but you will find some real time games hidden among them.

#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (17995 posts) -

AI War: Fleet Command

Armada 2526 Supernova

Beyond protocol

Starpoint Gemini

#5 Posted by needspractice (7 posts) -

@visceron said:

@needspractice: I have also been looking for a similar title for quite some time. I had high hopes for Star Ruler, but it appears that the game was released unfinished.

Maybe this list will help you: http://www.giantbomb.com/4x/3015-214/games/

please note that most of the games in the list are turn based, but you will find some real time games hidden among them.

I checked the list and I do not see anything unless I missed something. Did you find anything promising? This must be a difficult game to develop or there is a lack of people willing to buy this game so it is not worth investors and game designers time.

#6 Posted by needspractice (7 posts) -

Armada 2526 Supernova

Beyond protocol

Starpoint Gemini

I think all of those are turned based or out dated graphics. Anything newer and RTS?

#7 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (17995 posts) -

@needspractice said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Armada 2526 Supernova

Beyond protocol

Starpoint Gemini

I think all of those are turned based or out dated graphics. Anything newer and RTS?

They are all listed as real-time and post-2008, as requested

#8 Edited by needspractice (7 posts) -

@needspractice said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Armada 2526 Supernova

Beyond protocol

Starpoint Gemini

They are all listed as real-time and post-2008, as requested

Starpoint Gemini (sometimes referred to as SPG) is a real-time role-playing strategy focused on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their command crews. The game is set in a science-fiction universe where various thriving technological directions exist side by side. Players will freely traverse the rich and filled vastness of the Gemini star system, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, mine ore from asteroids, research anomalies, buy new vessels, enlarge their fleet, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to learn more powerful maneuvers and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets and battlestations.[1]

Armada 2526: Supernova

Release Date: 14 APR 2011

Platform: PC Language: English Genre: Tactical, Strategic Turns: Real-Time Pausable, Turn-Based WEGO Complexity: Intermediate Period: Sci-Fi

Beyond Protocol was a Massively Multiplayer Online Real-Time Strategy (MMORTS) Computer Game developed and published by the independent game developer Dark Sky Entertainment. Due to financial issues the game has been shut

This would be the only game that meets specifications; but the graphics are horrid…

AI War: Fleet Command is a real time strategy computer game created by independent developer Arcen Games. The game was first released on the Arcen Games website and Impulse on June 2, 2009,[1] before getting a Steam release on October 16, 2009 that coincided with the release of version 2.0. AI War blends the 4X, tower defense, and traditional RTS genre to create something that was hailed as unique but with a steep learning curve.[2] Players go up against two artificial intelligence (AI) opponents that are superior to the player. The objective is to destroy the home planets of both AI opponents.

#9 Edited by needspractice (7 posts) -

@Everyone

Why is there not a Space Game that has it all? Like Rebirth with Multiplayer? Or A Full Fledged Resource 4X Space Game with incredible graphics? And why is there no space game with in Flight or Cockpit fighting where you fly the ship and resource building like the Old Armada Game or Sins of a Solar empire but you can actually fly a battle ship if you so choose?

Is this game to expensive to make? Is there not enough supporters to support this game? Is that why investors or game designers not interested in making this game because the profit ratio's are not there?

I know its not complicated and its more of a money issues because I have read several threads on this. I am just surprised that not one company was not able to put this together.

#10 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (17995 posts) -

@needspractice: I haven't played any of those games, mind you. I made a refined search on mobygames according to your parameteres and those were listed under real-time space strategy.

#11 Edited by needspractice (7 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@needspractice: I haven't played any of those games, mind you. I made a refined search on mobygames according to your parameteres and those were listed under real-time space strategy.

I really appreciate it! I am just frustrated that this game does not exist. Wish there was a solution ...

#12 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (17995 posts) -

@needspractice said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I really appreciate it! I am just frustrated that this game does not exist. Wish there was a solution ...

Well, when I realized the book I wanted to read didn't exist, I wrote it myself. Maybe you need to kickstart the game you want to play.