Red Dead Redemption - WOW!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

Just finished this.....what a game!!!.62 hours of gaming nirvana.I've never been so immersed in a video game,with so many amazing moments and a genius ending.Just had to share!!!

#2 Posted by Amster_G (4295 posts) -

Share it in a blog maybe?

#3 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -
Yep :P My favorite game ever :D
#4 Posted by brucewayne69 (2864 posts) -

Amster_G
Go shove it this game kicks arse
#5 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Best game of this generation in my not so humble opinion. Loved it, can't wait for another Red Dead.

#6 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

One of my favorite games this gen.

#7 Posted by Allicrombie (25625 posts) -
couldnt finish it, got way too slow
#8 Posted by UpInFlames (13282 posts) -

couldnt finish it, got way too slow Allicrombie

That's too bad because it sports one of the best endings in videogame history, in my opinion.

#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (16690 posts) -
Agreed. Absolutely fantastic game, can't wait to see what they do with the franchise next.
#10 Posted by eagle63 (535 posts) -

this.i also found it to be slow and boring.western themed video games just isent my cup of tea.loved the gta series though.

#11 Posted by shellcase86 (2083 posts) -
Im a big fant, too. Phenomenal title.
#12 Posted by Vatusus (5482 posts) -

YES! My fave game this gen yet

The characters, the story, the soundtrack, the setting (even though I was not a fan of westerns, the world felt immersive as hell), the gameplay, etc are a work that could only come from the genious at Rockstar. 10/10

and that ending... so powerfull :cry:

Rockstar are the incontested kings at open-world games and RDR is their masterpiece

well done R*, well done

*slow claps*

Cant wait to see what they'll done with GTA V

#13 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Amster_G
#14 Posted by MrGeezer (57269 posts) -
Funnily enough, I could never get into the GTA games. I bought GTA 3 and GTA 4 and played them for a little while before going "f*** it, I don't like this" and leaving it to collect dust on my shelf. But I loved the living s*** out of Red Dead Redemption. I don't know. Maybe it was just the setting that appealed to me. In any case, Red Dead Redemption was my favourite game this generation. I even loved doing the more boring-ass side quests, like simply riding around in the countryside looking for flowers. I guess it's just gotta be a subjective element for me. It's just strange how much I love that game. And it probably to a large extent just comes down to nothing more than pure subjective tastes. Similar to LOTR, there was just something really appealing about these ultimate hardcore badasses just basically bonding with each other and journeying across the land together. And with Red Dead Redemption, I guess there's sort of the same thing. Just the contrast between the gorgeous peaceful serene setting, and the protagonist who's an ultimate badass and an unredeemable piece of S***. That game just really does a good job of combining "manly" with "sissy", and I guess that's probably what I love about it.
#15 Posted by sukraj (24425 posts) -

its one of the best this gen.

#16 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

Phenomenal game, one of my favourites of this gen and it's up there in all time.

Loved it; good to hear you got round to playing it TC.

#17 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Yep, Red Dead Redemption is epic.

#18 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
one of the most boring games i played this gen
#19 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

Just finished this.....what a game!!!.62 hours of gaming nirvana.I've never been so immersed in a video game,with so many amazing moments and a genius ending.Just had to share!!!

OneInchMan99
Yep, I too found it to be one of my favorites.
#20 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Funnily enough, I could never get into the GTA games. I bought GTA 3 and GTA 4 and played them for a little while before going "f*** it, I don't like this" and leaving it to collect dust on my shelf. But I loved the living s*** out of Red Dead Redemption. I don't know. Maybe it was just the setting that appealed to me. In any case, Red Dead Redemption was my favourite game this generation. I even loved doing the more boring-ass side quests, like simply riding around in the countryside looking for flowers. I guess it's just gotta be a subjective element for me. It's just strange how much I love that game. And it probably to a large extent just comes down to nothing more than pure subjective tastes. Similar to LOTR, there was just something really appealing about these ultimate hardcore badasses just basically bonding with each other and journeying across the land together. And with Red Dead Redemption, I guess there's sort of the same thing. Just the contrast between the gorgeous peaceful serene setting, and the protagonist who's an ultimate badass and an unredeemable piece of S***. That game just really does a good job of combining "manly" with "sissy", and I guess that's probably what I love about it.

I agree. For the life of me, I just cannot get into the GTA series but Red Dead Redemption was amazing. It may just be because westerns are one of my favorite genres, but RDR perfectly capture the atmosphere. I spent plenty of time just riding around on the horse looking at things. I never ended up fast traveling and that's something I usually do quite liberally in open world games. Also, the gut-punch of an ending was just completely perfect and John was just a great character.
#21 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9592 posts) -

Yeah it was really fun while it lasted, but after I got 100% in it, I never went back :s. It lasted me a good 40 or so hours though. There isn't a better western game out there.

#22 Posted by coasterguy65 (6419 posts) -

It became extremely boring 2/3rds in. I really had to force myself to finish it, just because I heard how great the ending was. What I found was a very predictable ending that used cliches from Spaghetti Westerns. Other than that it was a pretty good game. Did some people really not see the ending coming?

#23 Posted by naz99 (1945 posts) -
The ONLY game as a PC gamer i'm sad that I can't play. :(
#24 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

It became extremely boring 2/3rds in. I really had to force myself to finish it, just because I heard how great the ending was. What I found was a very predictable ending that used cliches from Spaghetti Westerns. Other than that it was a pretty good game. Did some people really not see the ending coming?

coasterguy65
The whole thing paid homage to spaghetti westerns; that was the idea.
#25 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

coasterguy65

I saw the ending coming but I don't think that made it any less great.

#26 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Yeah, it's a great game. Just wish it was on PC though. :(

#27 Posted by Kocelot (816 posts) -

I like it, but not as much as everyone else.

The cow herding is a pain in my ass.

#28 Posted by hyperjj3000 (974 posts) -
Its my fave game of all time, i still play online sometimes.
#29 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

Yeah, it's a great game. Just wish it was on PC though. :(

GamerwillzPS

Good god...

Just imagine all the crazy mods they'd make!

#30 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18434 posts) -
I never did finish the game.. it's still sitting in my back log waiting for me to get around to it again. I played a bit then tried online and never got back to the single player.
#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Did you get the true ending?

After the ending the game just wasn't the same to me... I had always wanted to go through and 100% the game but after that ending, I just didn't have the heart for it.

#32 Posted by Fairmonkey (369 posts) -

One of the best of the generation

#33 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
One of the few games that this gen that was actually good.
#34 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Excellent game i agree!

#35 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

It is an amazing game indeed.

#36 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
Rockstar at it's finest.
#37 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17257 posts) -

How in Go'd name does one spend 62 hours beating RDR? Game's like 25 horus at most.

Anyways I found it to be incredibly overrated. No where near game of the gen material, let alone game of the year. Not a bad game by any means but I found nothing about the story amazing, except maybe the ending, and the only character I gave a damn about was John. Aside form that, it was nothing special. As far as gameplay went, the gunplay was the only fun thing about it.

#38 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -
True, through my first play through I found it too slow, but I loved it in the end.
#39 Posted by psdsoldier25 (242 posts) -

I still have the game i made sure to play it through to 100% completion. Now that you have finished the game i would highly suggest checking out the DLC. What would be really great is if Rockstar would find someway to pick up the story with John Marstons son. *Hint, Hint to Rockstar*

#40 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

The only problem I have with the game is that most of the side characters are just really annoying and unlikable, but John Marston, and Bonnie are really great through. But its still a great game.

#42 Posted by MasterBrief (54 posts) -

It was quite a damn good game very well written and developed. The ending was gold and it was just a blast to play in that world as John he is probably in my top 5 favorite characters of all time. Also the online kept me entertained for a long time after the singleplayer. Really hoping for a sequel in some form or another.

#43 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

I loved RDR despite feeling like it was grind through sometimes...

I did 100% RDR, but it took forever...Dem flower pickings...