REAL GAMERS TALK ABOUT GAMES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by nortonblocksolo (13 posts) -

lets talk games I want to know how the real gamers feel

#1 Edited by fatee (306 posts) -

Sorry, just a fake gamer here.

#2 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

I feel hot. This air conditioner needs servicing.

I ate some doritos earlier. One got stuck in my throat and I almost choked to death. But then it went down so it's all good.

I haven't shaved in nearly 2 weeks. I haven't got a neckbeard, but I have a neck, and I have a beard.

Man, CoD is shit. It's all the same every year and I don't like playing it. But I still play the new CoD every year. I play it, not because I like it, but because I have to.

The games I don't like shouldn't exist, and nobody who does like them should be able to enjoy them. Devs should only make games that cater specifically to my needs and expectations.

Mobile game development is a waste of time. Nobody wants to play crappy mobile games. Nobody. Not even the 1 billion plus people who play mobile games every year.

Real gamers trade-in games at GameStop. Because getting a $5 store credit towards my next purchase is just so much better than selling the game on eBay for $20-30.

Man, publishers are so greedy. How dare they try to stop us from taking their products without paying. We should be able to do what we want and piss on whoever we want. So what if some people work hard for a living and spend their well-earned money on games?! The rest of us should be able to just steal. Who needs game developers anyway. And retailers? What do they do for anybody besides provide jobs for our communities?

Why should I pay for DLC? I don't care that those devs spent time, money and effort working on that content. Their time and effort means nothing. I want to have ALL THE THINGS for as little money as possible. Screw devs.

And when I sell my old SNES library I should be able to just download them freely. When I sell my car it doesn't mean I can't still take it for a drive whenever I feel like it, right? Why should I have to buy something again when I already bought it once - never mind the fact I sold them and took money for them, thus forfeiting possession.

My desire to be entertained for as little cost as possible is just far more important than other people's jobs, or income.

That Mass Effect 3 ending was bad. They should change it. What do you mean artistic freedom? Games are not a form of expression! Screw what the US supreme court says!

When I buy a game, that should give me creative control in the future projects of the developer, and partial ownership of all content pertaining to that intellectual property. The publisher? The dev? Pfft, they spent 2-3 years of their lives working on that game, and millions of dollars. So what? I spent $60. My $60 is worth more than anything they put in!

Final Fantasy X is the best Final Fantasy game. If you disagree with my ENTIRELY FACTUAL POINT - NOT OPINION, I will argue vehemently, call you names and point to only very carefully selected reviews written by people who share my enthusiasm for the same thing.

And speaking of reviews. It's all about the scores, bro. Scores scores scores. When reviewers give games scores higher than I want, they are bribed. Definitely bribed. When the score is lower, that's because a competing publisher paid for the review. Everyone's paid, bro. Scores are everything. Real gamers only play games that a review gives 8/10. Because 7 is just bad.

#3 Edited by fnevaeva (564 posts) -

Personally, I think a true gamer plays a game to enjoy the game and not just to get gamerscore or trophies. They play the shit out of it and then some. They can tell you basically anything and everything about their favorite games that they've played.

#4 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

@fnevaeva: I never got the disdain for trophies/achievements. Trophy hunters aren't much different to people who like to hunt down collectibles, and look for easter eggs and secrets. Only, they get little things that say "Yay, you did this! Have some points!" Sometimes it's just nice to feel acknowledged.

Many of the trophy hunters I know are among the most passionate gamers I've ever encountered.

#5 Posted by loafofgame (752 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

I feel hot. [...] Because 7 is just bad.

I'd almost say you're bitter about something...

#6 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16898 posts) -

What's the topic, exactly?

#7 Edited by SoNin360 (5604 posts) -

Yeah, how about those games? I played this one game today, it was pretty good.

#8 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18776 posts) -

@nortonblocksolo said:

I want to know how the real gamers feel

I've had a fever, but it's mostly gone by now. So nice of you to ask.

#9 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (219 posts) -

@loafofgame said:
@Lhomity said:

I feel hot. [...] Because 7 is just bad.

I'd almost say you're bitter about something...

You apparently missed the joke.

#10 Edited by loafofgame (752 posts) -

@EnoshimaJunko said:

I don't think I did. Maybe you misinterpreted my reply. ;-P Hurray for textbased communication with strangers on the internet!

#11 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

GAMEplay is more important that storytelling in a GAME.

#12 Edited by theslick_rider (10 posts) -

Video games..........?

Edit:

On a serious side note, how do people feel about the over abundance of DLC in the modern gaming environment?

#13 Edited by Jacanuk (5153 posts) -

lol real gamers :)

Thats almost as funny as the "hardcore vs casual" gamer debate.

#14 Edited by HipHopBeats (2921 posts) -

DLCs, bugs, and microtransactions are the main reasons I refuse to buy any more games at launch for $60 plus tax and only get 3/4's of a game, regardless of the hype. I find it much better to wait a year or so and the GOTY version for half price with all DLC's included.

Random subjective opinions:

Fallout New Vegas may be the "better" game, but Fallout 3 is simply more fun to play. Even more fun than Skyrim imo.

Mass Effect 2 is the best in series

PS4 and X1 are both a waste of money at this point. Both launch line ups suck.

Elder Scrolls Online looks like crap.

Battlefield > COD

#15 Posted by chimchargirl (100 posts) -

I buy games because it do that i feel good. I like feel that i am in the game.

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

Nah, real gamers talk sales all day, every day.

#17 Posted by NEO1100 (11 posts) -

I play games for the awesome storylines, as I like game with great and strong storylines , the curiosity of what will happen next in the story is what drives me. I know most people will disagree but the best game series I have played so far is Assassin's Creed , upto Assassin's Creed Revelations, The Ezio trilogy , the epic ending , I loved it. AC3 was shit.

#18 Posted by wonder6192 (33 posts) -

is anyone else just sick of these terrible fps story games? for example, bioshock infinite has some of the most boring gameplay i have ever seen, but it's praised because it has some cute female and a brofist main character. take away the story, which is terrible anyway, and these types of games have as much depth as doom64, less actually. other offenders are farcry 2/3, crysis 2/3, dead space games, and the list could go on for days.

#19 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Every night, I break into the homes of casuals, steal their gaming systems, and delete their games off their smartphones because they don't deserve to play them.

#20 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Real gamers don't talk about games, they play them.

#21 Posted by Minishdriveby (10214 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

My desire to be entertained for as little cost as possible is just far more important than other people's jobs, or income.

That Mass Effect 3 ending was bad. They should change it. What do you mean artistic freedom? Games are not a form of expression! Screw what the US supreme court says!

I'll gladly take the cheapest option, whatever that may be. Economics and the capitalism and such.

The ending controversy was always silly to me. I'm not sure why people got so worked up over the last 20 minutes when the entire experience, bar a few cutscenes with Mordin, was pretty terrible. People should have just called it what it was, a mediocre game.

#22 Edited by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

@Lhomity: I think you've won this thread.

#23 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (219 posts) -

@loafofgame said:
@EnoshimaJunko said:

I don't think I did. Maybe you misinterpreted my reply. ;-P Hurray for textbased communication with strangers on the internet!

I guess I did. Jokes on me then. XD

#24 Posted by musicXpirate (3041 posts) -

I find it really hard to get excited about games anymore, it's like the love has died. Either that or the games have. I can only think of a couple of games that have been announced for this year that I'm excited about but it's not like it used to be. Maybe because I've gotten older, idk. The only game I find myself being obsessed over anymore is GTA, it's the only one that hasn't degraded over the years. I also seem to lose interest in games about half way through so I find myself never completing them, like Assassin's Creed 4. I love it and think it's the best one but now I'm a little over half way finished with it and it just seems so repetitive. Over the last year I've found myself more drawn to indie and arcade games that I can sit down and play for a while and try beating my friend's high score like when I was younger.