RE4 or Indigo Prophecy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paky999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 paky999
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Which game is better. I really can't decide which one to buy. P.S. I didn't know where to put this thread,i guess this is the right place
yeah_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yeah_28
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

As always, it depends on what you like.

If you like story telling, interesting uncommon characters, and games that are rather unique despite if its good or bad, then Indigo Prophecy would probably be better for you. But be careful, most of the game is played with quick time events, those are done very very good though, you have time limits, different choices that affect the story, searching for clues and other things, this is probably as good as QTE's can get, equal to or better than god of war, but if QTEs is a big no for you no matter how great the game is, then you might not like it.

Good uncommmon story, lengthy and very well paced, pretty good characters, choices that affect the outcome, interesting and varied situations, only value is in the campaign and once you know the story and most of the outcomes and variables, the game probably isnt worth playing anymore, if you played Heavy Rain then you know what to expect for the gameplay, except the story is much more weird and fantastic in IP.

If you like straight forward linear action games, where shooting things and upgrading arsenal is the main goal, you might like Resident Evil 4 better. Keep in mind, RE4 is a game of an outstanding quality, so yeah its a linear action game but the controls, the shooting, the variety and the action in general is arguably the best you can get in any third person shooter, maybe with max payne 3 and some others.

Very satisfiying action, varied enemy types, weapons and locations, has a light horror mood for a good part of the campaign, quite a lot of value and replayability because of extra modes and polished responsive gameplay.

If you played Resident Evil 5, then you know what to expect for the gameplay, except in RE5, the pace is faster and there is zero horror or suspense compared to RE4

yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Indigo, hands down. B/c it's such a unique experience of a game. Plenty of time later to play the RE series.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f593b06057a
deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-62f593b06057a
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts
If someone asked me which I'd tend to play more, shooter or adventure/story driven, I would say the latter. With that being I still choose re4 9 times out of 10. RE4 is one of the best games of its generation, and possibly the best in its genre for its generation. Indigo prophesy starts great, has some interesting gameplay elements, but the story, the thing it tries to pride itself on, falls apart terribly. The gameplay falls too consisting mostly of QTEs. (RE4s story has just as many holes, but it doesn't shape the whole game around it. If the first half was as good as the second for IP, it might have a chance, but otherwise, no way. Graphics: RE4, even on the gamecube Sound / voice acting: Tie Replay: RE4 Length: RE4 Novelty: IP Gameplay: RE4
paky999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paky999
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think I'm going to buy RE4
yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

You really can't compare these games imo, they are way different anyways.

djimenez0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djimenez0628
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts

Your Argentina ID box is cool; too bad it's not Messi though, he's the greatest.

yeah_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yeah_28
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

Your Argentina ID box is cool; too bad it's not Messi though, he's the greatest.

djimenez0628
He is, but i have a special fanatism for this player (Riquelme), and i suppose i got used to my avatar after 9 years, its my official gamespot avatar now lol
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

As always, it depends on what you like.

If you like story telling, interesting uncommon characters, and games that are rather unique despite if its good or bad, then Indigo Prophecy would probably be better for you. But be careful, most of the game is played with quick time events, those are done very very good though, you have time limits, different choices that affect the story, searching for clues and other things, this is probably as good as QTE's can get, equal to or better than god of war, but if QTEs is a big no for you no matter how great the game is, then you might not like it.

Good uncommmon story, lengthy and very well paced, pretty good characters, choices that affect the outcome, interesting and varied situations, only value is in the campaign and once you know the story and most of the outcomes and variables, the game probably isnt worth playing anymore, if you played Heavy Rain then you know what to expect for the gameplay, except the story is much more weird and fantastic in IP.

If you like straight forward linear action games, where shooting things and upgrading arsenal is the main goal, you might like Resident Evil 4 better. Keep in mind, RE4 is a game of an outstanding quality, so yeah its a linear action game but the controls, the shooting, the variety and the action in general is arguably the best you can get in any third person shooter, maybe with max payne 3 and some others.

Very satisfiying action, varied enemy types, weapons and locations, has a light horror mood for a good part of the campaign, quite a lot of value and replayability because of extra modes and polished responsive gameplay.

If you played Resident Evil 5, then you know what to expect for the gameplay, except in RE5, the pace is faster and there is zero horror or suspense compared to RE4

yeah_28
I'd say go with this.
Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
Get Resident Evil 5. The Gamecube/Wii version is the best looking.
corteztheg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 corteztheg
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
two different games, both great but too different from each other to compare
Avatar image for deactivated-62f593b06057a
deactivated-62f593b06057a

Forum Posts