Racing Games of 2013 - or lack thereof!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

Is it just me or is Grid 2 the only racing game that's been announced for release this year??

The only thing keeping my hopes up is that 2012 started fairly slow then ramped up into a great Autumn!

#2 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -

Hopefully things pick up with more racing games coming out. I'll pick up a copy of Grid 2, but I won't rush out to grab it upon release. The 1st one was good to get worked up over, at least for me anyways.

#3 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -
I thought they where working on DiRT 4, F1 2013, a Need For Speed game and new motorracing games...
#4 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

I thought they where working on DiRT 4, F1 2013, a Need For Speed game and new motorracing games...Dexter-010

I agree there have been rumours to that effect. Not sure about F1 though - thought they only had a 3 year license but......

Point being none of the above have confirmed release dates this year so......

#5 Posted by JimmiCottam (106 posts) -
Drive Club? (Woo!) Seriously, it looks okay
#6 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

Drive Club? (Woo!) Seriously, it looks okayJimmiCottam

Well maybe it does but the pre-supposes I want to buy the PS4 ( on the fence so far ) and it comes out in the UK in 2013 - which seems less than likely at this point!

#7 Posted by JimmiCottam (106 posts) -
Well maybe it does but the pre-supposes I want to buy the PS4 ( on the fence so far ) and it comes out in the UK in 2013 - which seems less than likely at this point!SadPSPAddict
Wishful thinking that it will be out this year for the release of the PS4?
#8 Posted by Adri6 (25 posts) -

There are quite some racing games that I can't wait to be released. Firstly there come sim racing games such as rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, CARS, and then there are also new GRID, Moto GP 2013, F1 2013 Game , and whatever will be the new NFS title. One racing games was released this year already and it's called RaceRoom Racing Experience. Quite solid simulation based game.

#9 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]I thought they where working on DiRT 4, F1 2013, a Need For Speed game and new motorracing games...SadPSPAddict

I agree there have been rumours to that effect. Not sure about F1 though - thought they only had a 3 year license but......

Point being none of the above have confirmed release dates this year so......

Okay. I wasn't sure about a new F1 game, but the guy above me confirmed it.

And still, games like Forza: Horizon, Test Drive series, NFS: Series are still good, even in 2013.

#10 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

There are quite some racing games that I can't wait to be released. Firstly there come sim racing games such as rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, CARS, and then there are also new GRID, Moto GP 2013, F1 2013 Game , and whatever will be the new NFS title. One racing games was released this year already and it's called RaceRoom Racing Experience. Quite solid simulation based game.

Adri6

I'd missed the announcement about MotoGP 2013 so please about that. Also pleased that another F1 game will be out this year! :)

#11 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

One racing games was released this year already and it's called RaceRoom Racing Experience. Quite solid simulation based game.

Adri6

PC game though - don't do PC gaming!

#12 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

And still, games like Forza: Horizon, Test Drive series, NFS: Series are still good, even in 2013.

Dexter-010

Yes they are - I own them all but have to confess to a backlog as far as completing them goes :P

#13 Posted by shier50 (3 posts) -
I made a video of my top 10 racing games on pc that will be released in 2013. If anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL5Wlz7dHkQ It's not the most amazing video ever, it's just my top 10 (, so haters stay away). If you liked it give it a like ;)
#14 Posted by JamesArndts (2 posts) -
I'm working on a racing game coming out August 2013 called Super Kart Racing. Platforms are iOS and Android. www.superkartracing.com
#15 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

Well now I have upgraded from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 5 that may well be of interest :)