Quick Question: Does GameStop still take PS2 Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GodofBigMacs (6440 posts) -

I have a load of PS2 games that I have literally never touched in years. I'll keep the legends, like GoW, MGS, and GTA, but the other ones, I'll be willing to get rid of. Does Gamestop still take these?

Also, if they do take them, will they give me ANYTHING significant? (as in more than like a buck or two lol)

Thanks!

#2 Posted by majadamus (10206 posts) -
If you decide to go there expect to be ripped off big time.
#3 Posted by GodofBigMacs (6440 posts) -
If you decide to go there expect to be ripped off big time.majadamus
I just want to get these off my hands... and what better time to go when they have a deal of 50% extra on trade ins?
#4 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
I don't think they accept PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube games any more, but I may be wrong. I recall reading a press release a year or so back that stated as much, anyway. I'll see if I can dig it up.
#5 Posted by AjaxNeron (2318 posts) -

I don't think they accept PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube games any more, but I may be wrong. I recall reading a press release a year or so back that stated as much, anyway. I'll see if I can dig it up.DJ_Lae

I'm pretty sure I saw a kid sell like 5 GBA games and 5 DS games, so they should still buy PS2, Xbox and GameCube games. Although, he did only get like 40$ for all of them.

#6 Posted by JordanizPro (1912 posts) -

Yea they take ps2 games but they will give you next to nothing for them.I rememer i took a few of my 360 games to gamestop and i got $16 for all of them; i was so pissed that i went there

#7 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Maybe it's a Canada only thing in that they won't accept last gen stuff - there are no places for them to sell old games at any of the EB's here.
#8 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8815 posts) -
You'd appreciate keeping those PS2 games for the rest of your life. Think about it, 15-20 years down the road those games will be considered classics and would be a blast to go back and play for memories. Much better than getting $15-20 now for them.
#9 Posted by i-rock-socks (3046 posts) -

dont expect to get 1$ per title, if ur lucky

#10 Posted by jks22112 (2395 posts) -
The don't take Xbox games anymore. And soon they are going to stop taking GBA games, I saw that posted at their store recently. Fairly sure they still take PS2 games, but they don't give much for them. I mean, they're stockpiled with them.