Questions About The Exclusivity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fec5f65c3674
deactivated-5fec5f65c3674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5fec5f65c3674
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

So when this game was originally announced I noticed in certain shops they were offering pre-orders for this game on Xbox One, PS4 and the PC. I also recall seeing some advertisement posters on the internet saying it was coming out on the same 3.

Then some time later Microsoft made an announcement that the game was exclusive to Xbox one. All of a sudden all the pre-orders from those shops disappeared and only the Xbox One remained.

Then after an out cry of disappointment from fans, someone at Crystal Dynamics said that this was a timed exclusive to the Xbox One. Im not sure on the but next part but im sure I read some where that they also said is was only for the 2015 holiday season.

So if it is only a timed exclusive for the Xbox One, dose this mean that it will eventually come out on PS4 and PC? So far as im aware no one from either Microsoft or Crystal Dynamics has said exactly how long the time will last on this timed exclusivity or what will happen after it runs out.

I own all the tomb raider games, on PC. I really want to play this game but don't want to have to buy in on Xbox One to find it be released on PC later. This would result in me having my collection of tomb raider games split over 2 platforms and I would prefer to keep them all on the same one.

So what do you all think? will it eventual be released on other platforms? as this already been talked about or confirmed and i just missed the news?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Ok. First off, the people at Square are probably under some NDA from Microsoft about the time frame of exclusivity and platforms that it's in development for. Second, it is timed exclusive but no one knows how long. It's basically guaranteed to be coming to PC. As for us PS4 owners that have played every Tomb Raider on a Playstation, we're potentially screwed. If there is one platform Microsoft would try to derail a version for, you can bet your ass it would be PS4's version. I'm not optimistic about PS4 ever getting the game. For PC, I'd say, give it six months or so. That's obviously a guess.

The holiday 2015 time frame is the release time frame for the Xbox One and 360 versions... unless the 360 version got cancelled, which I doubt.

If you're worried about having to buy an X1 for it, don't bother. It's supposed to also be on 360 and if I'm correct, the PC version will be out sooner or later. Your platform isn't in question for getting a version of the game as nearly all X1 exclusives appear to be getting ported to PC as well. If you're in the Playstation camp like me, you can always do what I'm doing. Not bother giving a crap about the game until a PS4 version is announced and then buy it used when I can. I'm not giving a cent to Square after this crap.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Just play uncharted and imagine the character is Lara croft

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@k--m--k: but Drake don't have them huge boobs, hard to imagine him as Lara.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fec5f65c3674
deactivated-5fec5f65c3674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5fec5f65c3674
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

@Telekill: Hi thanks for your response.

i suppose it makes senses that they cant talk about what other platforms the game will be available for until the exclusivity runs out. As i said in my first post before they announced the exclusive deal i saw preorder offers on both current gen consoles and pc.

i already own an X1, and a ps4 for that matter. so i will defiantly end up getting the game but as all my other tomb raider games are on my pc i don't want to split my collection across platforms. i also dont want to end up buying it on a console to find it in the future on pc, where i would buy it again.

so i will wait till sometime in 2016 before i decide if i should buy in on X1 or wait for a pc version.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@joedin2056 said:

So when this game was originally announced I noticed in certain shops they were offering pre-orders for this game on Xbox One, PS4 and the PC. I also recall seeing some advertisement posters on the internet saying it was coming out on the same 3.

Then some time later Microsoft made an announcement that the game was exclusive to Xbox one. All of a sudden all the pre-orders from those shops disappeared and only the Xbox One remained.

Then after an out cry of disappointment from fans, someone at Crystal Dynamics said that this was a timed exclusive to the Xbox One. Im not sure on the but next part but im sure I read some where that they also said is was only for the 2015 holiday season.

So if it is only a timed exclusive for the Xbox One, dose this mean that it will eventually come out on PS4 and PC? So far as im aware no one from either Microsoft or Crystal Dynamics has said exactly how long the time will last on this timed exclusivity or what will happen after it runs out.

I own all the tomb raider games, on PC. I really want to play this game but don't want to have to buy in on Xbox One to find it be released on PC later. This would result in me having my collection of tomb raider games split over 2 platforms and I would prefer to keep them all on the same one.

So what do you all think? will it eventual be released on other platforms? as this already been talked about or confirmed and i just missed the news?

Exclusivity is a dying thing and hopefully will be dead soon. Its a thing of the past and any developer who do exclusive titles are a complete and utter morons. But besides that you can be absolute sure that any title that is on the Xbone is going to come at some point to the PC (most titles anyways) Microsoft is first and foremost a PC software company and their main source of income is from that, so they would be crazy not to take advantage of that.

So if you can wait you have no need to worry about it being at the start just for Xbox One, i will eat my old hat and my neighbours if it won't be released on PC no more than a year after.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@joedin2056 said:

You can take GTA5 for example. It was looking a Console exclusivity and finally it got released on pc a year later with some new goodies.