Question Regarding All Assassins Creeds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marshall006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marshall006
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts
Hey i have a question on the multiplayer in assassins creed. is it like a shooting multiplayer or just stealth based. Im confused because theres modes like capture the flag. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It isn't a shooting multiplayer; there are very primitive olde time guns in the MP but it's one of the many things in your arsenal. It's primarily stealth based which rewards blending in, patience, using disguises, outsmarting your opponents and so on. I've never played capture the flag on AC so I don't know precisely what it entails.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Hey i have a question on the multiplayer in assassins creed. is it like a shooting multiplayer or just stealth based. Im confused because theres modes like capture the flag. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.marshall006
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was phenomenal as a multiplayer game. I didn't think much of Revelations, and I was so disgusted by the addition of the "freemium" payment scheme, that I stopped playing 3 days in.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I played it a little in Revelations. It's kind of interesting because you're blending in with crowds trying to figure out who are other player characters and whatnot. I think capture the flag works as it would in any other game, just no one is shooting each other. I'd say the multiplayer is worth checking out, but as a whole the Assassin's Creed series is best left with the single player experience.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I myself love it, It's not the best multiplayer experience, but it's something drastically different than everything else on the market.

Watch some gameplay videos and see if it's something that might interest you, there are a decent amount of game modes such as Wanted, where it's a free for all and everyone is a different character, you are given an enemy to kill, while someone else is also trying to kill you. When you are in first place you can expect 2 or 3 people to have you as their target.

Another game mode is manhunt, where 2 teams of 4 play 2 rounds, each person on one team is the same character so you all look the same. One round you hide and get points by staying close to your team mates and blending in with your surroundings (crowds, haystacks, etc) and in the next round you do the hunting while the opposition tries to hide.

Many other games modes like simple deathmatch, no perks/abilities. Artifact assault, steal the opposing teams artifact and bring it back to your base...etc

There are also a lot of perks such as poison, smoke bombs, disguise which turns you into another character for a period of time and others. You want to have several sets, depending on what mode your playing, if your being hunted, then it's good to use a disguise, when the enemy is near, stun them and run away, if your on the offensive you want to use perks such as smoke bomb, that will stun your opponent for a moment allowing you to stick around to poison them, giving you far more points that just running up to someone and stabbing them.

It's really nothing like shooting games, or any other online games. It's much slower paced, taking your time is key, for instance I'll get 5 kills and 4 deaths and come in second place, first place will have 12 kills and 10 deaths, but he was running around like an idiot and getting minmal points per kill...most people play it properly, but you'll always have the idiots who run around and just suck.

Theres only so much I can say, I suggest watching youtube videos of several game modes and deciding from there if it's something for you.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

Its a different MP experience. To get the most out of it, I highly recommend playing it with friends.

From my experience it takes time to get used.