Question about changing vocation on dragons dogma?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DwightSupaman12 (37 posts) -

Im a Magik Archer and I want to become a Mystic Warrior. If I do this, do I have to change my entire gear to a warrior equipment? Should I just finish my Magik Archer first and then make a whole new character or just change my vocation now?

#2 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -
Just store all gear for each job like you would an MMO. We seem to have unlimited storage anyway. That's what I do anyway.
#3 Posted by _Judas_ (677 posts) -
The sooner(!?) you change vocation, the better. As you progress in level it becomes harder, so if you wanna be an advanced vocation, my suggestion is to change as soon as you have the oppertunity.
#4 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -
The sooner(!?) you change vocation, the better. As you progress in level it becomes harder, so if you wanna be an advanced vocation, my suggestion is to change as soon as you have the oppertunity._Judas_
What do you mean by "harder" as the game is quite easy as it is.
#5 Posted by _Judas_ (677 posts) -
[QUOTE="_Judas_"]The sooner(!?) you change vocation, the better. As you progress in level it becomes harder, so if you wanna be an advanced vocation, my suggestion is to change as soon as you have the oppertunity.Dracula68
What do you mean by "harder" as the game is quite easy as it is.

I mean as you progress in level, in takes more experience to gain a level, right? Thus making it "harder", or less easier (in gaining experience) to gain additional points, skills and the likes. So, the sooner you change vocation, the easier it is to create a complete vocation-master earlier. If you realize you don't want to be a fighter after all, you can always change to something else, but you have to start a new vocation with a high-level character, making it harder to gain low-level skills for a high-level character.
#6 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -
[QUOTE="_Judas_"] I mean as you progress in level, in takes more experience to gain a level, right? Thus making it "harder", or less easier (in gaining experience) to gain additional points, skills and the likes. So, the sooner you change vocation, the easier it is to create a complete vocation-master earlier. If you realize you don't want to be a fighter after all, you can always change to something else, but you have to start a new vocation with a high-level character, making it harder to gain low-level skills for a high-level character.

Gotcha. I tried Fighter, Warrior, Mystic Knight and now Ranger( this one is the most fun so far. I feel like supreme bad ass now.)
#7 Posted by _Judas_ (677 posts) -
My first playthrough was as a ranger, but never got hold of a longbow that was powerful enough to deal good damage toward the end of the game. Now I'm playing as a Assassin, but thinking of maybe switching to a mystic knight. Can Mystic Knights use swords, or only maces(and staves)?
#8 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -
My first playthrough was as a ranger, but never got hold of a longbow that was powerful enough to deal good damage toward the end of the game. Now I'm playing as a Assassin, but thinking of maybe switching to a mystic knight. Can Mystic Knights use swords, or only maces(and staves)?_Judas_
Not sure on the sword but they can use a weak mace and shield as opposed to the real heavy mace a Warrior can use. I was not crazy about that vocation as they just seemed really weak to me.
#9 Posted by _Judas_ (677 posts) -
Cool, maybe I'll stay fighter or warrior. It's pretty awesome to be a ranger, you can take down a cyclops with ONE ARROW using Great Gamble ;) but it does use all of your stamina.
#10 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -
Cool, maybe I'll stay fighter or warrior. It's pretty awesome to be a ranger, you can take down a cyclops with ONE ARROW using Great Gamble ;) but it does use all of your stamina._Judas_
I was able to solo a normal chimera with my Ranger and with the other vocations I got killed really fast trying to do that...lol