PUMPED UP FOR The Order: 1886

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

Since the new gamescom gameplay (and cutscenes lol) trailer came out, I've been even more excited about the game. Mind you there IS gameplay in the trailer, funny how it can be mistaken for cutscenes *smirk* Honestly, I think they just removed the health bar/ammo numbers, etc. while in action. I hope it'll be the same in the actual gameplay, feels 'cleaner' to play.

For several people, the game isn't appealing. Though The Order is EXACTLY my kind of thing: Steampunk + Supernatural Creatures + Victorian Era + Shooting + Good (hopefully) Story + Pretty Graphics (ha ha) Reminds me a lot of BioShock Infinite.

Who else is going to get it? (And WHY lol) Just curious cause most people are getting it only because it's an exclusive.

P.S: Did you guys catch the town/world in The Order? The replica of the Victorian era's busy street looks absolutely AMAZING! asdfghhjkl okay, I'll shut it now :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its such a shame Gameplay isn't your kinda thing.

"....Steampunk + Supernatural Creatures + Victorian Era + Shooting + Good (hopefully) Story + Pretty Graphics"

You can do better than The Order if you want these things.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@Lulu_Lulu: I know right :) such a shame. And no, unfortunately I can't do better than The Order D: this is just who I am :) Seems like a fantastic world to get lost in if not shoot aimlessly at sh#% lol. And no, I don't see no game that satisfy me with all those things :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

@thegamingjunkie

Who said anything about a game ! Go for Movies man ! :p They will do those things way better than The Order !

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@Lulu_Lulu: ugh, movies are overrated D: And I doubt that they'll do better than The Order :) [Btw, I noticed that sometimes voice actors do a much better job than movie actors (i.e. facial expression, voice, etc) ]

Nah, I'll stick with The Order :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@thegamingjunkie

Actually video game acting is universally terrible. Movie will always have better actors, voice or other wise.

Don't like moviess ? No problem, TV Shows are great too, From what I hear Penny Dreadfull could be right up your alley. I reccomend that one.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm actually anticipating The Order: 1886. Nothing of what I've seen will justify a day-one purchase, but it does seem interesting enough to warrant a purchase down the road with a PS4. I like the art style, the gameplay seems to be a solid Third-person Shooter, and the story seems interesting at the very least. Can't wait to see the full game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

Wow.... I can't believe we've reached the point where "Solid Gameplay" is the best thing people can say about a game now.

Thats like saying: "Yes this car is fantastics because the steering works" thats it, theres nothing special about it... We applaud because theres nothing wrong with it, like thats some sort of achievement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Yes, the setting and vibe are what sold me on the game. Day 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Wow.... I can't believe we've reached the point where "Solid Gameplay" is the best thing people can say about a game now.

Thats like saying: "Yes this car is fantastics because the steering works" thats it, theres nothing special about it... We applaud because theres nothing wrong with it, like thats some sort of achievement.

And why does that bother you so much. Its their money, if they want to buy a car whose steering works then its up to them. Not every game can be a benchmark of originality. As long as its fun, it should be enough and The Order looks like one hell of a ride to me

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

I'm not asking for originality... Hey infact I wouldn't mind if they ripped off some gameplay from fantastic games, if anything I encourage it.

As for whats fun... People have different standards. Mine happen to be higher, nor can I be persuaded by things like Cutscenes and Graphics, and "Atmosphere".

But as you said, its their money.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

I remeber getting into an argument with this one guy who was considered Uncharted's platforming the best thing ever because it was; and I quote: "Serviceable"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Vatusus

I'm not asking for originality... Hey infact I wouldn't mind if they ripped off some gameplay from fantastic games, if anything I encourage it.

As for whats fun... People have different standards. Mine happen to be higher, nor can I be persuaded by things like Cutscenes and Graphics, and "Atmosphere".

But as you said, its their money.

lol your "standards" arent "higher". Dont be an elitist. They're just different

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Why are people shitting on the Order all we've had for gaming is silly open world games which don't seem to master anything but do everything at standard, I mean The Order seems like a breah of fresh air for once, a decent story, and it does look great, there is no denying it doesn't if you do then what the are you looking at. the best graphics i've seen on a console for a good while, forget PC when most PC games are just ports, and yes some do look good but they still don't have the polygon count of this game, and it will be next by the time we see what PC's can do with next gen games. cannot wait, bored of open world adventures.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

Difference in Quality... Yep ! :p

and I'd rather be Eltist than be some sad sap... A pushover.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thegamingjunkie

@Lulu_Lulu: Already watched all the TV shows I had to :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@thegamingjunkie

Well... Can't say I didn't try.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i buy order 1886

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#19 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

since the first time i saw the order 1886 at E3 i didn't want to get because i'm not a fan of games where things jump out at you in dark and you shit your at any given moment (reference to all survival horror games) but my brother convinced me that it was a good game so i looked into it some more and the game looks freakin awesome but it only has a single player mode and i do not want to feel like i wasted my money after i finish it in 1.5 weeks.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

Who else is going to get it? (And WHY lol) Just curious cause most people are getting it only because it's an exclusive.

I'll probably buy it day one just for the soul reason that it seems interesting and also I need games to play on my PS4.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Does anyone know what the release date is?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Vatusus

Difference in Quality... Yep ! :p

and I'd rather be Eltist than be some sad sap... A pushover.

In my point of view the elitist attitude has the contrary effect you try to achieve. Every and any form of elitism is nothing more than inflated ego, and who has an inflated ego does not understand his place in life. But thats another discussion I'm not willing to have here, especially on a language that is not in my native tongue

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Yeah,it´s one of those that´s gonna be lacking in the gameplay department,one of the most uninteresting upcoming games. Bloodborne is something to look forward to on the PS4,this one not even close. It´s basically fanboy fodder because of the graphics and it will end up being a mediocre game like Killzone or ok at best like Infamous.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

Well to befair I get called alot of things on these boards, I'm literally all over the place, one minute I'm a noob and the next I'm a fanboy, then I'm Eltist, then I get called Casuall....

I can't keep track anymore... And this Elitist thing is no different, tomorrow I'l be the pushover.

Since you're so fond of Labels.... What do you call yourself ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

Well to befair I get called alot of things on these boards, I'm literally all over the place, one minute I'm a noob and the next I'm a fanboy, then I'm Eltist, then I get called Casuall....

I can't keep track anymore... And this Elitist thing is no different, tomorrow I'l be the pushover.

Since you're so fond of Labels.... What do you call yourself ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Lulu_Lulu said:
What do you call yourself ?

A person

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu

@Vatusus

Right..... Sure you do....

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thegamingjunkie

@behardy24: Somewhere around February 2015 :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to it... I liked what I saw from the Gamescom trailer too. I've loved all of Read At Dawn's other games so I'm excited for this.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I am very excited for this game :) and am happy to see more people get into it I was one of the few people that read up on this game ever since the teaser trailer they sold off a year or two ago. :) but the game is looking really awesome and it's close to my birthday :)

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

lol i %100 agree with this, people seem to look good games as if they are masterpieces , milestones of gaming . While those games are not bringing anything new. They are just good at what they do

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@humanistpotato

This had better not be a repeat of Uncharted.... Cows were annoying enough back then... I don't think the playstation 4 leading this gen is going to help with their graciousness.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

Mind you there IS gameplay in the trailer, funny how it can be mistaken for cutscenes *smirk*

Oh yes, there definitely is gameplay. The thing I'm most skeptical about is that the gameplay is interspersed with a short cutscenes every few minutes which again is something I have no problem with the first time playing a game; however, subsequent playthroughs can become a chore because of this option. These small interrupting scenes usually don't allow skipping, especially if they're in engine, so you end up having to wait through them breaking of pacing.

It was a fairly big problem in Uncharted 3, having to wait around for an NPC to run through the motions before being able to proceed.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thegamingjunkie

To all those that thinks their opinion is absolutely justified and accurate and find it a 'fact', everyone has different interests okay? Sheesh. :PPP

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mastermetal777

@thegamingjunkie: Welcome to the Gamespot forums, where everyone has "facts" and opinions don't matter.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@mastermetal777: how unfortunate :(

Reminds me of system/console war. "Xbox is better" "No, Playstation rules!" lol Haha. I simply don't get it.

What a strange world.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mastermetal777

@thegamingjunkie: Just don't listen to those people and like what you wanna like. The Order looks really good, and hopefully will be even better than what we've seen now that they've been giving it an extra couple of months in development.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thegamingjunkie

@mastermetal777: Can't help it, just an extremely optimistic person :) Pessimism seems to be crushing the vibe :3 Thanks anyways

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

but You're Having Fun Wrong ! ! ! :(

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: It's only fun till the elitists decide to pitch in.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

you know... I don't get why people say Elitist like its some sort of insult or accusation.... But thats just me... I'm in different to alot of things.

I should make a thread on how to have fun the proper way.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: I'm into a lot of things too. The difference between you and me is that I let games be what they are instead of saying things like single-player, narrative, or RPG elements are wrong for the medium the way you do. Or at the very least, say that their inclusion makes games worse.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

So you're like a hippie... :) Video Game's very own "treehugger".

Any you misunderstand exactly what it is that I'm trying to do. You're not as open minded as you think you are.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: If I misunderstand, it's because you're too vague about your intentions.

And also, those words definitely sound elitist. I'm open-minded, but I also know what I like. I'll try any game at least once, but I'm not gonna say it sucks because it has one or two elements I don't like if the entire experience was great overall.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Well I need to leave room for some discussion, I'm here to learn not to educate anyone.

anyway a game can be easily unravelled by one single element... Happens all the time...

You're Open Minded about games but you closed minded about everything else, Or atleast you've never taken anything I've said into consideration. So you're not as open minded as you think you are.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: I listen to what you say, but I don't agree with you. Just because I listen doesn't mean I have to agree with everything. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Listening is easy... Even I can do it, you on the other hand Mr. Open Mindedness.... Don't take things into consideration. Which is why you're always wrong about my intentions. You actually believe I'm out to destroy all the things we disagreed about.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu

On some occasions you've even spread misconceptions about me to other people.... If you don't understand me then thats cool, but encouraging ignorance in others is just low.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It looks somewhat interesting... I feel obligated to give it a try what with it being an exclusive.