PSN servers are down from DDoS attacks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Looks like PSN is under attack once again. This group claims the reason behind the attacks is because Sony is greedy. Why not just stop supporting Sony instead of wasting everyone's time with this hacker bullshit? Lol! This group is even tweeting about the attacks. Game cards are the way to go.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

it's so stupid, it's not even that hard to do it and basicly only irritates everyone

PhysXy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 PhysXy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The_Last_Ride the group behind this wants attacks on ISIS to stop and this is what they decided to do to get attention focused on that. If they are irritating people and even scaring people with some of the other things they are doing and it is getting reported then the group is doing it's job. I am not saying I am supporting what they are doing but I get it.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

they targeted a lot of things including Battlenet and PoE. Pretty broad brush.

But seriously...if you're trying to make a statement about politics, why would you target gamers?...Politicians have wanted us to stop playing games for years. They certainly aren't going to come to our rescue any time soon. Fact of the matter... that it was a DDoS attack shows these guys are low level and relatively helpless. Fact that they targeted an area that no one in the government would give a shit about just proves that even more.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Attacking the companies of one's own nation or allies in order to rally support against a terrorist group is counter-productive. I hope they learn their lesson.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

Who are they? Lizard Squad? Is it a hoax? Why are they attacking our video games?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

told yall that SONY's ps Now wuz BS trololololololol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

it's so stupid, it's not even that hard to do it and basicly only irritates everyone

Kids will be kids.

But i wonder why Sony doesnt seem to have learned anything from the previous attacks.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Kids will be kids.

But i wonder why Sony doesnt seem to have learned anything from the previous attacks.

you can't protect yourself against this, Battlenet, LoL and Live have now also been hit. They basicly overload servers with malware to shut them down. Which basicly just pisses everyone off