PSN Multiple Accounts Sharing Downloadable Games on SAME PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Szeiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Szeiden
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts

So my old PSN account I can no longer remember the password for so I've been using auto sign-in for the past year or so. I don't know the birthday on the account either since it originally belonged to someone else who I no longer can contact. Anyway, all my achievements and downloadable games are attached to that account. I now want to buy new downloadable games but I need to know the password in order to add my credit card info. So anyway, I want to make a new account but if I do so I will no longer be able to log into my old one since autosignin for that account won't work after I've logged into a new account. Will I still be able to play my downloadable games from my old account on the SAME PS3 using my new account? For example, I have WipEout HD attached to my old account, will I be able to play it online using my new account and still get achievements and lap records etc? I know that I will need to start my trophies over since it's a new account but as long as I can still use online features on my new account and continue to get trophies etc I don't mind starting over.

Thanks in advance.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
1: If you switch profiles, I believe auto-signin stays active. 2: You can play all purchased games on your system using multiple accounts. Dunno about playing games you got on Plus or playing online, however. 3: This post really should've been made on the PS3 board.
Szeiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Szeiden
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts

Thanks. And yes, I tried to make this in the WipEout forum but I guess they did away with those. Anyway, for anyone who has this question in the future I will post the results.

So yes, remember password does still work for all accounts on the system. Also you can play games like WipEout across all accounts and online with trophy tracking and everything as if you had bought the game on all of the accounts.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Thanks. And yes, I tried to make this in the WipEout forum but I guess they did away with those. Anyway, for anyone who has this question in the future I will post the results.

So yes, remember password does still work for all accounts on the system. Also you can play games like WipEout across all accounts and online with trophy tracking and everything as if you had bought the game on all of the accounts.

Szeiden

I actually meant the PS3 board.