PS4 version of Call of Duty!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Well I have to admit Call of Duty Ghosts on PS4 looks like sh.. The resolutions are last gen quality. I have to say that I am very disappointed. Not to mention the gameplay is very blah. I'm trying to figure out why PS4 can't push better resolutions than last gen prehistoric hardware. The only thing I noticed is more on screen at once but other than that the game was a downgrade.

#2 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a cross gen game. You are playing a spruced up PS3 game.

#3 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a cross gen game. You are playing a spruced up PS3 game.

#4 Edited by MassiveKaos (3876 posts) -

@jukev2424: Or knowing what Activision calls for, it's not spruced up but a direct port and nothing else

#5 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6013 posts) -

even if you play COD at 4K is still going to look the same... Resolution is not the problem.

#6 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

Well I have to admit Call of Duty Ghosts on PS4 looks like sh.. The resolutions are last gen quality. I have to say that I am very disappointed. Not to mention the gameplay is very blah. I'm trying to figure out why PS4 can't push better resolutions than last gen prehistoric hardware. The only thing I noticed is more on screen at once but other than that the game was a downgrade.

I noticed an immediate difference upon playing the PS4 version. I initially played it on my PS3 and through the 10$ upgrade I was able to get the next gen version. It's easily a step above what the previous generation could manage, especially at 60FPS.

It's nowhere near Killzone: Shadow Fall visually. But it's not a terrible looking cross gen title.

#7 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4069 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

... uhhh do you know what resolution is? Ghost is 1080p and over 60fps on ps4 last gen it was running sub 720p and 60fps with drops

#8 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Well the visuals as you near them become extremely blurry. I just noticed the textures up close look disgusting. Ofcourse I just got done playing BF4 and obviously there is no comparison. But the coloring in COD is very bland and grainy. I did play the previous COD on PC so I guess that's not a fair comparison but I just figured they would have atleast tried to compete with the older PC version but not even close. I just thought the devs were going to step it up this gen.

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72429 posts) -

How can you expect it to look good, it's basicly looked the same for the last 5 years?

#10 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

How can you expect it to look good, it's basicly looked the same for the last 5 years?

Werd. The only thing that's changed is the box cover art.

#11 Posted by Netret0120 (2206 posts) -

@ Randolph :

What he said

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72429 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Werd. The only thing that's changed is the box cover art.

That and they only added a dog to mix things up

#13 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

what's the point in buying PS4 if nobody is going to use it. I guess games like Uncharted and MGS have spoiled us.

#14 Edited by Articuno76 (18863 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

The only thing I noticed is more on screen at once but other than that the game was a downgrade.

A downgrade that puts it behind the PS3/360 version? I find that a little hard to believe.

#15 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@Articuno76: I meant a downgrade from the PC version and the only reason I think its a fair comparison is that I'm comparing Black Ops 2 which came out over a year ago. I personally would have thought that with the power of the PS4 that they would be able to produce similar visuals from a year ago. I just figured that they would try to compete with games like Battlefield.