PS4 Spike TV Super event thread! Uncharted announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Tomorrow at 11pm EST on Spike, GTTV has a gigantic PS4 special with tons of reveals and exclusives. Most likely Uncharted 4 will be shown.

But forget that, what is most important is Metal Gear and Kojima is promising to blow us all away.

We know a new MGSV trailer will be shown and that PS is getting exclusive content. But how shocking will it be? I cannot wait!

#2 Edited by BranKetra (48265 posts) -

My wish: Zone of the Enders 3: Dingo Returns

#3 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

he said shocking PS4 related announcement. Not MGS related.

Also, this is a Sony event. it is going to be boring and almost nothing interesting will be shown.

#4 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

My wish: Zone of the Enders 3: Dingo Returns

I don't know if you are being serious, but I would love to see that. If you'd said ZOE3: Leo Stenbuck Returns, then I'd know you were kidding.

#5 Posted by BranKetra (48265 posts) -

@CarnageHeart: I am serious. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner was a great game. Kojima-san shut down the development of ZoE 3 some time ago, but I have hope that the series will return.

#6 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

Does anyone know if they'll be streaming this? I don't believe I have this channel.

#7 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

he said shocking PS4 related announcement. Not MGS related.

Also, this is a Sony event. it is going to be boring and almost nothing interesting will be shown.

When was the last time Kojima said anything not MGS related?

#8 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@BranKetra:

Yeah, I love ZOE2. Its the love child of DMC and Panzer Dragoon and one of the best games of its generation. Its a damn shame almost nobody gave it a shot due to the problems of the original.

#9 Edited by BranKetra (48265 posts) -

@CarnageHeart: I thought it was the best mech game for the PS2. The HD collection having framerate problems is a shame because that might be the reason people did not get it and gave low scores. I can at least say I did not get it because of those issues. That said, the 2nd Runner is one of those games which its sales do not represent its quality well because of its predecessor as you expressed.

#10 Edited by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Oh GOD, I can only imagine what kind of surprise Kojima has in store. ZOE? That would be fine. I'm just kind of done with Metal Gear as a series as it stands now. I hope it's something new and not story driven.

#11 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

5 minutes of Infamous SS

Clearly god mode is on, the player has no care for taking damage or strategy.

#12 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Im not watching the Infamous footage but I heard some gaffers say it's too quiet as if some sound effects are missing. My biggest complaint with infamous was how silent the city was, and Carnage never believed me. Well Carnage, look at this video.

#13 Posted by Ish_basic (4003 posts) -

Im not watching the Infamous footage but I heard some gaffers say it's too quiet as if some sound effects are missing. My biggest complaint with infamous was how silent the city was, and Carnage never believed me. Well Carnage, look at this video.

Might be. Looked like one of the scenes we should have heard people screaming, but I think most of the quietness is because there's apparently some kind of martial law in effect and so the streets are empty except for the player and the soldiers. The sounds of the rain hitting concrete and the wind make for nice ambience, though.

#14 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
#15 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

TLOU DLC coming up!

TLOU DLC is about Ellie's friend from before she met Joel.

UNCHARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They showed nothing...

#16 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

Mark Cerny just said that the PS4 launch is the best of PS launches.....He needs to lay off the molly and rock Tom Ford...

#17 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

un fucking believable.

#18 Edited by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

New Uncharted... can't say I'm surprised.

#19 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

I missed it.

#20 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@F1Lengend said:

I missed it.

"Uncharted"

There, now you didnt miss it.

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70925 posts) -

Wow, Uncharted baby!

#22 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

That is RIDICULOUS. Nothing should look that good, WOW!!!!!!!!!!

3/21/14 for Infamous

#23 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

infamous SS not until March 21? Wow that blows.

#24 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

That is RIDICULOUS. Nothing should look that good, WOW!!!!!!!!!!

3/21/14 for Infamous

Damn I thought it was February. Btw this forum is about as alive as first gen 360. Launch of a new gen and its like whisper quite in here. I miss 2005 gamespot.

#25 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

Second Son looking good...nice Nirvana pull

#26 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

Why are they talking about the PS camera and eye tracking...and NASA...Thats not core...

#27 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Well I am off to buy the PS4. No more reactions. So here is my MGSV reaction before its shown

OOOOOOOHHHHH MMMYYYYYY GODDDDD!!!!! YEYEYEYYEYWYSSYYSYEDYYSEUEWIDW3DCUWC

AMAZING!!!!!! GIVE IT TO ME NOW1!!!!!

#28 Edited by firefox59 (4369 posts) -

@Areez said:

Mark Cerny just said that the PS4 launch is the best of PS launches.....He needs to lay off the molly and rock Tom Ford...

Sony always does that. Regardless of whether or not the substance is there, they claim everything they do is the best thing ever. I like to hear companies stay within the realm of reality.

#29 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

Destiny....hmmmmmmm...

#30 Posted by c_rakestraw (14611 posts) -
@Areez said:

Why are they talking about the PS camera and eye tracking...and NASA...Thats not core...

Oh, hush.

#31 Posted by experience_fade (259 posts) -

Disappointed in the Uncharted "teaser", if you can even call it that. I mean, the voice wasn't even Drake's. No graphics, no release date, no nothing. 2015 at the earliest.

#32 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

That was the biggest piece of crap ever. The MGS ps exclusive is ps1 graphics...

#33 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I feel insulted after watching that pos show. Sony has no games.

#34 Edited by Metamania (11974 posts) -

What makes that whole exclusive worse is the fact that David Hayter isn't probably going to voice him either or even the new Snake either.

I was hoping to hear something on the new SF or whatever Capcom has up their sleeve, but that didn't happen either. What a load of fucking shit that event was!

#35 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

WTF was that!? They showed nothing. What games?

#36 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Looks like a few of their studios are in development hell. ND's Uncharted team has been sitting on their ass for two years with nothing to show for it. SSM's God of War 3 team is doing god knows what. And TLG missed another showing. At this point, Sony should just come out and say TLG will not be at the next presser we are doing. Leading us on is just plain bullshit.

Infamous looked excellent but was delayed by a month. What a load of horse shit. So now we have a terrible launch line up and nothing else until late march. So five months of Knack.

PS3's launch by comparison had Resistance, Folklore, Lair, Motorstorm and a couple other exclusives all hitting within a few months.

#37 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

Looks like a few of their studios are in development hell. ND's Uncharted team has been sitting on their ass for two years with nothing to show for it. SSM's God of War 3 team is doing god knows what. And TLG missed another showing. At this point, Sony should just come out and say TLG will not be at the next presser we are doing. Leading us on is just plain bullshit.

Infamous looked excellent but was delayed by a month. What a load of horse shit. So now we have a terrible launch line up and nothing else until late march. So five months of Knack.

PS3's launch by comparison had Resistance, Folklore, Lair, Motorstorm and a couple other exclusives all hitting within a few months.

March I get Dark Souls 2, I dont care about anything else. Terrible timing for them.

#38 Edited by Garfield360UK (19567 posts) -

Curious to see how this turns out. Uncharted 2 when it debuted at E3 sold me on a PS3 and I loved the series on PS3 (not got so far with the Vita game so can not comment on that one yet). However, I am kind of disappointed in the sense they tied up the loose ends with the series so I kind of hoped they would do something new. I don't want Uncharted to get run into the ground by keep having to shoe horn in new plot points. Saying that, I felt like Bioshock was pretty amazing and did not feel Infinite would work but that totally blew my socks off.

Here is hoping that this game is awesome anyway, it could be the tipping point for me to buy a PS4 (as Naughty Dog games tend to be a system seller for me now given the quality of their work in recent years and also Crash Bandicoot). Perhaps playing as a different character could be a way of not spoiling the Nathan Drake arc and give another character a chance to maybe work with Sully et al.

#39 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@S0lidSnake:

The Uncharted team has not just been sitting on their asses. They had to move many from the studio over to The Last Of Us to help with development because they were short of people.

Evan and Christophe had hoped to build up an entirely new team working under Naughty Dog veterans Bruce Straley and Neil Druckman but they weren't able to hire enough people in time to get the game finished. They moved 20 to 40 people over from the Uncharted team to help TLOU development. Keep in mind that Naughty Dog teases their games early but shows an actual trailer at the Spike VGA's every year. The game usually releases later in the following year.

So it's possible it might release late 2014 or early 2015 depending on how much TLOU has affected Uncharted 4's development.

But man, are you ever melodramatic these days.

#40 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@contracts420:

Lol I have always been melodramatic, but I am not buying your excuses.

TLOU did have a smaller team, but they were able to show something two years after Uncharted 2 shipped and right after Uncharted 3 came out. The Uncharted 3 team has had over two years to put out something, a demo, a trailer, a teaser, something but have only managed that shit they showed yesterday. Regardless of whether or not 90% of the team moved to TLOU because TLOU also had a smaller team but managed to reveal the game properly.

Now there is a possibility that they are saving the reveal for the VGAs but it’s bullshit that they showed us absolutely nothing after hyping up new reveals for a month.

#41 Posted by BranKetra (48265 posts) -

I missed it. The best news from this seems to be a new Uncharted.

#42 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25609 posts) -

I assumed it would be announced at the VGA, as per tradition. So perhaps we'll see Santa Monica at this year's show. Also you suck, Kojima.

#43 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

So new Uncharted maybe about Francis Drake and take place in the past. I think it will be dual stories one in the past one with Nathan. There is no way Nathan Drake isnt in the game.

#44 Posted by uninspiredcup (8020 posts) -

Thankfully I can bypass the pain of watching this crap and just read the internets.

#45 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I was pissed when I missed this (couldn't DVR it while I was in line because everything was down), but doesn't sound like I missed anything. Shame about Infamous being pushed back a month, but not a big deal. Perhaps Solid bought Knack and only Knack, but I bought Killzone and NBA2K, and once PSN is working there are several games I will download (the greatest of which is probably Resogun).

#46 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

So new Uncharted maybe about Francis Drake and take place in the past. I think it will be dual stories one in the past one with Nathan. There is no way Nathan Drake isnt in the game.

Hopefully past and present will be tied together in a more meaningful way than in U3.

#47 Edited by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

@S0lidSnake:

It's been two years this month since UC3, man you are incredibly impatient. It's absolutely understandable. They will most likely show us something more substantial at the VGA's as they always have.

Keep in mind this is on new hardware and TLOU clearly affected development. If things are not ready they are not ready. I know Naughty Dog does not want to interrupt development just to give some eager graphics whores something shiny to pick apart, not after the issues they had when developing Uncharted 3.

#48 Edited by D3s7rUc71oN (5180 posts) -

They will probably show something at the vga's, the system just launched, calm down guys lol. We' re not talking about food here :p