PS4 Games Install times - Games install in seconds.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Kotaku compiled a list of all PS4 games install times.

Keep in mind, the game will continue to install in the background. These are just the initial waiting time when you first pop in the game.

After all the disappointing reviews, finally some good news.

http://kotaku.com/you-can-be-playing...ess-1462949507

Here are the install times I got for the update and each game:P

1.06 System update: 6:15

57 seconds to copy the update from the disc

10 seconds to scroll through the EULA

4:10 to prepare, reboot and install

Remaining time is other menus and loading

Knack: 32 seconds

Killzone: Shadow Fall: 0:38

Battlefield 4: 0:42

Injustice: Gods Among Us: 0:28

Just Dance 2014: 0:24

Madden 25: 0:23

Assassin's Creed 4: 0:13

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SolidIngram
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

Not bad, not bad at all.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

My favorite part of this news is that I can get the system update from a disc. The install times are obviously good.

anzelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By anzelm
Member since 2004 • 902 Posts

The next-gen leap is in loading times :D

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Wow, nice. I have to say this is a nice surprise.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Will believe when I see it. Until then I'll keep the doubt that they actually mean "0.42 hours" :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Will believe when I see it. Until then I'll keep the doubt that they actually mean "0.42 hours" :P

That's how I feel too. I'll believe when I see it. I can't wait, to be honest. Very excited about the PS4.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Good news to me. Im sick of loading times and waiting for long installs. Its about time.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

@Metamania said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

That's how I feel too. I'll believe when I see it. I can't wait, to be honest. Very excited about the PS4.

Damn, I wish there was a game that made me buy the PS4 on day one too. Unfortunately the launch lineup just doesn't appeal to me enough. Totally not their fault, they have a number of great games available, it's 100% me.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metamania

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Metamania said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Damn, I wish there was a game that made me buy the PS4 on day one too. Unfortunately the launch lineup just doesn't appeal to me enough. Totally not their fault, they have a number of great games available, it's 100% me.

Oh that sucks. I remember you being excited about the PS4 earlier. So what happened, the launch lineup wasn't good for ya? Hopefully, that will change as 2014 and onwards happen.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

@Metamania said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Metamania said:

Oh that sucks. I remember you being excited about the PS4 earlier. So what happened, the launch lineup wasn't good for ya? Hopefully, that will change as 2014 and onwards happen.

Oh I'm still pumped for it. I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream and Sony Santa Monica are cooking, but I'll just have to wait until some games I care about will hit the system. The Witcher 3 will most tlikely break my piggy bank, unless something pops up earlier.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Metamania

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Metamania said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Metamania said:

Oh I'm still pumped for it. I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream and Sony Santa Monica are cooking, but I'll just have to wait until some games I care about will hit the system. The Witcher 3 will most tlikely break my piggy bank, unless something pops up earlier.

Currently, I'm not interested in The Witcher 3. The last one lost my interest very quickly, I'm afraid. That being said, I am looking forward to a few games on the PS4, Destiny being one of them.

svandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 svandex
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

This feature is so great, when you get your hands on the disc, you can't wait to play it. With this feature, you can play it almost instantly!

gold_struck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By gold_struck
Member since 2013 • 64 Posts

@S0lidSnake: @marcheegsr this is great really aweeeesooome!!!!! there were times in ps3 while playing uncharted 2 where i had to listen the intro music till end good thing was the music was soothing :p