PS3 / 360 SD graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

So I just got my letter from the IRS confirming that I'll receive a stimulus check in May (and Pennsylvania passed / is working to pass a state stimulus package), so I've been thinking about what to get. I was going to apply it to one of my student loans, but I owe like $6,000 on it (still in school but this one you pay interest each month) so I don't think it will make a dent...Plus my dad said even if I pay $600 toward it my monthly payments wont go down (I guess because I'm making interest payments..I think they would go down, but he says they wont).

Anyway, I have a 27" standard def TV in my room, and was thinking of getting either a 360 or a PS3... How would the graphics look on a standard TV? We have a 360, but it's a family machine and has to stay in the living room, where we have a big screen HDTV (and it looks incredible), but I was wondering if it'd look as decent on my TV.

If I were to get a 360 I was thinking (depending if I get a state check too) that I might be able to get some little HDTV (like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454415&type=product&id=1184369165654) for my room....

Do you think it would be better to game on a 27" standard def TV, or the 19" HDTV (720)? That would be like the size of my monitor, so that kind of turns me off as I like to game from my bed....

What do you think?

alienofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 alienofwar
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
From what I hear, the xbox is way better on HD, so I would totally buy the 19 inch HD over playing on your SD 27 inch.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I've put my PS3 on a 27" SDTV a few times, and for the most part the graphics still look very good. Definitely still a very big improvement from last gen, IMO. However the one problem I have is that some games (like Dead Rising, for instance) tend to use rather small text which becomes close to unreadable on an SDTV.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Maybe its just me, but 19" is too small for 720p.
Instead of getting another 360, or spending all the money on a PS3, why not get games? or just save it up.