PS2 game not working, HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ember5060 (190 posts) -

okay, every other one of my ps2 games and dvds works perfectly, but one of my games (timesplitters 2) doesn't work, i put the disc in, screen goes black for a few seconds, and the ps2 starts making weird skipping sounds, and then it goes back to browser screen and shows the disc symbol, i click the disc symbol, does the same thing and then goes back to browser screen, and it repeats, i have a brand new ps2, i washed the timesplitters 2 disc with toothpaste like 10 times, i cleaned the ps2 lenses, i did everything possible and im exhausted now, please please help me

#2 Posted by fend_oblivion (6110 posts) -

okay, every other one of my ps2 games and dvds works perfectly, but one of my games (timesplitters 2) doesn't work, i put the disc in, screen goes black for a few seconds, and the ps2 starts making weird skipping sounds, and then it goes back to browser screen and shows the disc symbol, i click the disc symbol, does the same thing and then goes back to browser screen, and it repeats, i have a brand new ps2, i washed the timesplitters 2 disc with toothpaste like 10 times, i cleaned the ps2 lenses, i did everything possible and im exhausted now, please please help me

Ember5060

WHAT?

Anyways, try getting a new disc. If other games work, then it's most likely a disc problem.

#3 Posted by mjc (12626 posts) -
Toothpaste is a weird one. But yeah, sounds like the game has died. It probably isn't worth the effort anymore. Try and find it on eBay and replace it.
#4 Posted by Daavpuke (13766 posts) -
I lost it at toothpaste :D.
#5 Posted by BlackhawkBix (258 posts) -

Toothpaste? Never heard of that one. It has to be a disc problem. It sucks, but you'll probably have to replace it.

#6 Posted by ohthemanatee (8104 posts) -
I tried the toothpaste trick once... didn't work I'm willing to believe that it's just an urban myth
#7 Posted by Daavpuke (13766 posts) -
Regular soap and water do the trick on anything.. And I don't even use that, just a soft cloth.
#8 Posted by fend_oblivion (6110 posts) -

Regular soap and water do the trick on anything.. And I don't even use that, just a soft cloth.Daavpuke

I've used water but I wouldn't dream of using soap or weirder things like toothpaste.

#9 Posted by bigM10231 (11240 posts) -

the toothpaste is sappose to wear down the disc around a scratch

#10 Posted by Daavpuke (13766 posts) -
You mean destroy the layer?? That's just stupid..