Problems with Infamous on PS3

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

Playing Infamous 1 and helped complete a few tasks. now I'm just roaming around following the arrows and every now and then one of those orange bad guys pop up and I just take them out. It never seems to end. But last night I made it to this one spot where you have to take out security. I did that and saved it and yet when I loaded up the game again I was right back at the beginning on the roof top. So now it's just going around and taking out those orange guys with hoods. What am I supposed to do? How do I know where to go? It never ends, it's just finding more orange guys and taking them out. Is there anything I can press to give me a hint at least?

#2 Posted by mastermetal777 (1697 posts) -

If you complete side missions, enemies won't come back to that section of the city.

#3 Posted by Behardy24 (4561 posts) -

in Infamous 1 on the PS3, enemies will always respawn everyone and anywhere at all time. The only way to make them go away forever is complete 100% of all the side missions in that area.

#4 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

I completed one of the side missions and now when I hit select I don't see any main mission points or side mission points. And now I keep roaming around in the direction of the red thing and then eventually it says I went too far off path, and to get back to a drop point or something. I'm totally stumped and confused. Why is it like this?

#5 Posted by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@mdk12345: You're always going to have enemies. In the original inFAMOUS, you'll get more XP for killing them and you'll be able to upgrade faster.

Access the world map and do the side quests and main missions. You'll always have enemies until you do the main and side quests for that area.

Also collect the blast shards to increase your battery life.

#6 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

@SaintsRowLA said:

@mdk12345: You're always going to have enemies. In the original inFAMOUS, you'll get more XP for killing them and you'll be able to upgrade faster.

Access the world map and do the side quests and main missions. You'll always have enemies until you do the main and side quests for that area.

Also collect the blast shards to increase your battery life.

The map DOES NOT TELL me where my main missions ARE!! I'm wondering around for hours! help me! why is it like that? My map don't tell me my mission!

#7 Edited by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@mdk12345: You have to unlock them. Moya will tell you to go over here and they'll show up on your map. You don't have to do them immediately. You can go get blast shards or do side missions.

You do one district at a time. The main missions will come sequentially, one at a time. Once you do all the main missions on the first island (I believe that's the Warren district) you'll go to the second and then the third island.

You first start off at delivering the package that caused the explosion. You then meet up with Zeke, learn your powers and then go to the food container. You go shoot down the container of food and make your first good/evil choice. You then proceed, make another good/evil choice as you battle the cops to try to make it to the main land. You defeat all the cops and you're eventually caught my Moya, the special FBI/federal agent. She forces a deal down your throat, you make your way back to the first island.

Moya will speak to you to go get dead drops and lead you on to all the main missions. The main missions will show up as blue (if I remember correctly) on your map, the side missions as yellow, evil side missions as red, and I don't remember about good side missions--I think those might be green, or bluish.

YOU CAN SET WAYPOINTS ON THE WORLD MAP SO THEY SHOW UP AS WAY POINTS ON YOUR ON-SCREEN MINI-MAP.
Use the left sick to navagate and use the X button to create or uncreate waypoints.

When jumping: Cole will always be at a 45 degree angle to everything. Simply press the X button--WITHOUT USING THE LEFT STICK--and Cole will automatically jump flush onto that telephone pole or pipe or building. If you use the left stick, you'll screw it up. When jumping off of something, you can use the left stick to make arching jumps.

SASHA ROCKS!!! Sasha is the best seductress in video games and she can only be found in the original inFAMOUS.

#8 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

You are telling me the whole story? My question was simply what to do when you are lost and have no idea where you're supposed to go. Simple question.

#9 Posted by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@mdk12345: Press the Select button. It will show the world map with the main mission location, the side missions; the evil and good missions.

#10 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

@SaintsRowLA said:

@mdk12345: Press the Select button. It will show the world map with the main mission location, the side missions; the evil and good missions.

Works 90 percent of the time. But right now it doesn't show me anything when I press select. No side missions, no main missions. I'm trying to start the train. It literally shows me nothing.

#11 Edited by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@mdk12345:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been away.TO START THE TRAIN*There are power boxes underneath the train railway. *You'll need to get off the train to the street underneath the train, locate the power box, charge it up, then get back on the train.*You'll travel for a few blocks and then you'll repeat the process. You'll repeat the above process about three times before you reach your final destination. You'll also fight off a lot of the bad guys in the process.

#12 Edited by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@mdk12345:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been away.

TO START THE TRAIN

*There are power boxes underneath the train railway.

*You'll need to get off the train to the street underneath the train, locate the power box, charge it up, then get back on the train.

*You'll travel for a few blocks and then you'll repeat the process. You'll repeat the above process about three times before you reach your final destination. You'll also fight off a lot of the bad guys in the process.

There are also on-line walkthroughs -- some here at GameSpot, also YouTube -- that will help you through sticking points.

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

Who wants Prototype 3 ? :)

#14 Posted by SaintsRowLA (59 posts) -

@SaintsRowLA:

One more note to my response above:

Remember to listen Moya. She'll tell you what to do. If you abandon and restart the mission, she should have told you to jump on the the leading train car to get it going. Then she should have said to go underneath the train to charge up the power box and jump on the leading train container to get it moving--you'll repeat the process about 3 or 4 times until you reach your final destination).

Have fun. Feel free to leave my a private message if you need any help on this game others.

#15 Posted by MDK12345 (1263 posts) -

Well thanks. I beat Infamous and the balloon thing was easy only when I jumped on top of the billboard first. I beat it and made an evil decision at the end, so now I guess I'll have to play the whole game again to become not infamous. Is that worth it? Anyways it is a great game. I can't wait to get a PS4 and play Infamous 2nd Son.