Problem installing Far Cry 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

speedy2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 speedy2056
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

I got this today for Xmas and it won't install. It says it needs 182mb of free space to install but I have over 5000 out of 74 GB! I have tried installing it several times but without success.

Can anyone help? The precise message that displays is:

"There is not enough free space on the system storage. The game was forced to quit. At least 182mb more free space is needed."

I deleted some save game data (well, practically EVERYTHING) and before doing that, it said it needed over 200!

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I got this today for Xmas and it won't install. It says it needs 182mb of free space to install but I have over 5000 out of 74 GB! I have tried installing it several times but without success.

"There is not enough free space on the system storage. The game was forced to quit. At least 182mb more free space is needed."

I deleted some save game data (well, practically EVERYTHING) and before doing that, it said it needed over 200!

Thanks.

speedy2056

It means you need 5182mb of free space. I take it you're installing the console version. The PC version takes 9.45gb.

speedy2056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 speedy2056
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="speedy2056"]

Thanks.

jun_aka_pekto

It means you need 5182mb of free space. I take it you're installing the console version. The PC version takes 9.45gb.

Yes, on the playstation 3. But if what you say is true then why doesn't it say that I need 5182mb of space instead of 182mb?

How do I rectify this problem? Is there anything else I can delete? Most of my saved game data is now gone so I'm at a loss.

I have researched on Google about additional storage options but from what it says, the internal HDD should be sufficient and that any additional storage options don't actually save any game data, only videos, music etc.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="speedy2056"]

Thanks.

speedy2056

Yes, on the playstation 3. But if what you say is true then why doesn't it say that I need 5182mb of space instead of 182mb?

How do I rectify this problem? Is there anything else I can delete? Most of my saved game data is now gone so I'm at a loss.

I have researched on Google about additional storage options but from what it says, the internal HDD should be sufficient and that any additional storage options don't actually save any game data, only videos, music etc.

It's telling you that you need 182MB more space than is currently available . Simple really.