Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Released!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Satanmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 Satanmar
Member since 2003 • 1540 Posts
For those interested and if they don't already know Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 as apparently already been released in some regions of the world and some websites have it already up for sale. Play.com are now officially selling all versions so you might hear something if you ordered the game. At the moment my order is still seen as 'Order Placed' for the PC version of the game.

For those that love football should defiantly pick it up! demo was superb!
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Nooooooooo! My bro plays nothing but soccer games and I told himthere's no game coming to the ps3 because I don't want him to touch it* had 18 ps2 controllers and my bros broke 17 of them* He insisted that a soccer game was coming but he didn't know what the name of the title was :( I hope he doesn't go and buys it!
Satanmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Satanmar
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you then :)

PES is probably the best football game out there so might be a good idea to not mention it or you'll never get on your PS3 ever again.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

For those interested and if they don't already know Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 as apparently already been released in some regions of the world and some websites have it already up for sale. Play.com are now officially selling all versions so you might hear something if you ordered the game. At the moment my order is still seen as 'Order Placed' for the PC version of the game.

For those that love football should defiantly pick it up! demo was superb!Satanmar

These websites say that they have it in stock but by the time they ship to you it's usually the day before or on release day, so were not really getting it exceptionally early.

Satanmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Satanmar

[QUOTE="Satanmar"]For those interested and if they don't already know Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 as apparently already been released in some regions of the world and some websites have it already up for sale. Play.com are now officially selling all versions so you might hear something if you ordered the game. At the moment my order is still seen as 'Order Placed' for the PC version of the game.

For those that love football should defiantly pick it up! demo was superb!KingKoop

These websites say that they have it in stock but by the time they ship to you it's usually the day before or on release day, so were not really getting it exceptionally early.

There have been reports that Play.com were shipping on monday so this isn't a surprise! maybe your right but a lot of PES fan websites have mentioned that Play.com could be dispatching today!
Satanmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Satanmar
UPDATE!

Apparently now Play.com aren't going to be dispatching it early, some fans have called them up on it and they have said therre no longer going to dispatch it sooner. Either I'm guessing Konami have spoke with tem or they can't be bothered.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KingKoop

UPDATE!

Apparently now Play.com aren't going to be dispatching it early, some fans have called them up on it and they have said therre no longer going to dispatch it sooner. Either I'm guessing Konami have spoke with tem or they can't be bothered.
Satanmar

Lol Konami probably had a word with them after all 5 days before launch is a bit much to get away with.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Nooooooooo! My bro plays nothing but soccer games and I told himthere's no game coming to the ps3 because I don't want him to touch it* had 18 ps2 controllers and my bros broke 17 of them* He insisted that a soccer game was coming but he didn't know what the name of the title was :( I hope he doesn't go and buys it! gamingqueen

Both FIFA and PES are available for the PS3. Tell him to buy his own controller to play it.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nopalversion

[QUOTE="Satanmar"]UPDATE!

KingKoop

Lol Konami probably had a word with them after all 5 days before launch is a bit much to get away with.

Bought it at a local big retailer on Saturday. Interestingly enough, only the PS3 version was available. Network registration doesn't work yet. After speaking with customer support about it, they told me that they sold me the game by mistake and that I should wait for official release date in order to register. Which is fair enough, I think.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

All the impressions I've heard so far is that it's the same as PES 6 except that they've made the keepers crap and shooting incredibly easy. Oh and there's slowdown in midfield. :x

I'll borrow the PC version of my cousin and see how it is but appart from that it's the wii version that is sounding pretty interesting.

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KingKoop

All the impressions I've heard so far is that it's the same as PES 6 except that they've made the keepers crap and shooting incredibly easy. Oh and there's slowdown in midfield. :x

I'll borrow the PC version of my cousin and see how it is but appart from that it's the wii version that is sounding pretty interesting.

Foolz3h

I've heard so many mixed reactions on the game it's been impossible for me to tell whether it's going to be good or crud, but I'll buy it anyway and make my own judgement probably. Yeah the Wii version does sound interesting I hope they don't take out the Master League mode though.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Nooooooooo! My bro plays nothing but soccer games and I told himthere's no game coming to the ps3 because I don't want him to touch it* had 18 ps2 controllers and my bros broke 17 of them* He insisted that a soccer game was coming but he didn't know what the name of the title was :( I hope he doesn't go and buys it! nopalversion

Both FIFA and PES are available for the PS3. Tell him to buy his own controller to play it.

Tell him to buy his own PS3 to play it. I put a ridiculous amount of time into PES8 (WE8), and even though I found the previous PES a tad dissapointing because of being a bare-bones title, if this new installment can improve over the most evident flaws of the previous one (same boring voice comment, lack of customization features, less venues), it'll be a timesink, for sure.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nopalversion
The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KingKoop

The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.nopalversion

Wait... your basing this on the PS3 version right? Then the X360 version may differ a bit cos I noticed this with FIFA, the X360 is better than the PS3 version by quite a bit.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.nopalversion

I think the keepers are crappier this time because, pursuing realism, one of the traits of the series is precisely the difficulty of scoring a goal, even on standard difficulties, which makes for a real sense of accomplishment. I hope this doesn't mean that the series is getting a more arcade-like vibe, sinceits difficulty is one of the things that attracts me the most.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nopalversion

[QUOTE="nopalversion"]The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.KingKoop

Wait... your basing this on the PS3 version right? Then the X360 version may differ a bit cos I noticed this with FIFA, the X360 is better than the PS3 version by quite a bit.

Hmm, I wouldnt say FIFA is any different on the two systems from what I've seen. I have the 360 version of FIFA and compared it to the PS3 demo.Still, PES is a japanese game anda traditional playstation franchise,if only for the controller, so Iexpect the ps3 version to get a bit more love. Anyway, I don't think there's going to be any differences, judging by my copy and the 360 demo.

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KingKoop
[QUOTE="KingKoop"]

[QUOTE="nopalversion"]The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.nopalversion

Hmm, I wouldnt say FIFA is any different on the two systems from what I've seen. I have the 360 version of FIFA and compared it to the PS3 demo.Still, PES is a japanese game anda traditional playstation franchise,if only for the controller, so Iexpect the ps3 version to get a bit more love. Anyway, I don't think there's going to be any differences, judging by my copy and the 360 demo.

Valid point about the PS franchise never thought about that. Guess I'll just have to wait till Friday to see how good the two compare :P

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nopalversion

[QUOTE="nopalversion"]The keepers are a bit crap, provided you leave them to their own devices. Terrible slowdown in replays, in-game frame rate is fine. Shooting is easier compared to 6. All in all, it retains the physics and weight 360 PES6, while (finally) upping the pace quite a bit.SteelAttack

I think the keepers are crappier this time because, pursuing realism, one of the traits of the series is precisely the difficulty of scoring a goal, even on standard difficulties, which makes for a real sense of accomplishment. I hope this doesn't mean that the series is getting a more arcade-like vibe, sinceits difficulty is one of the things that attracts me the most.

True, though it IS more arcade-oriented than FIFA, especially now that EA's game is decent again. The keepers perform well enough if you keep an eye on them and press that triangle button on time.