Present Sought After Challenging Gaming Goal

#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

What are some goals in gaming that you have sought after despite them being very difficult? I'm talking about so difficult that they've rendered you temporarily discouraged. For me, one of them is earning a rank of "S" in Ground Zeroes on "Hard." I must've tried over one hundred times by now. Seriously, it's broken my gaming spirit...for now.

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10358 posts) -

I transported the gnome in Half-Life 2: Episode 2 to the rocket....FUCK that achievement!

#3 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

I don't do that. I play games for many reasons stressing out is not one of them. And when I do choose hard goals they obviously represent some fun to me or I would not be doing them, such as no kill no alert runs in the earlier solid games.

#4 Posted by SovietsUnited (1926 posts) -

Completing the whole game on 1 life in sidescrollers, ghost runs in stealth games, downing a raid boss in WoW for the first time with 39-24 other people, beating roguelikes

#5 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

Completing the whole game on 1 life in sidescrollers, ghost runs in stealth games, downing a raid boss in WoW for the first time with 39-24 other people, beating roguelikes

Have you tried to earn a rank of "S" in Ground Zeroes on "hard?" It entails not being detected by the enemy and not using a single round of ammunition. It's very, very difficult (for me). Damn!

#6 Posted by SovietsUnited (1926 posts) -

@SovietsUnited said:

Have you tried to earn a rank of "S" in Ground Zeroes on "hard?" It entails not being detected by the enemy and not using a single round of ammunition. It's very, very difficult (for me). Damn!

Haven't played it yet, will get it soon. That sounds like a marathon but challenge accepted!

#7 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

I tried getting a Pure Platinum Rank in Bayonetta Bayonetta..... And thats just on Normal. I also wana finnish it without stone awards on Infinite Climax Difficulty.

#8 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@SovietsUnited

The thing I love about Rayman is the levels are so Short that trying to survive a 2minute run with a single life is easy...... Until they introduced those wall running levels. Damn that was tough.

#9 Posted by Ish_basic (3999 posts) -

I transported the gnome in Half-Life 2: Episode 2 to the rocket....FUCK that achievement!

yeah, eff dat. I tried a little while. That's gotta be the worst trophy/achievement ever.

I know there are some achievements that really took some doing and afterwards i felt pretty good about getting them.... but I can't name any of them now, so that shows how important they actually were. I don't even waste my time with it anymore.

#10 Posted by BranKetra (48184 posts) -

I intend to go for a no damage playthrough of Ninja Gaiden Black on master ninja difficulty.

#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16678 posts) -

It took me years, but I beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V Rated. Had to "cheat" on the last boss (using a cheap method) but I did it and damn it felt good. It was a task that I never thought I'd do simply because of the boss's pattern. But I did it!

#12 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1396 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: a lot of crap in dark souls....that game isn't hard its just dumb. some of the ways you die is just idiotic, a glitch push off a cliff being one .

#13 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Haven't played it yet, will get it soon. That sounds like a marathon but challenge accepted!

I finally managed to do it!

#14 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

It took me years, but I beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V Rated. Had to "cheat" on the last boss (using a cheap method) but I did it and damn it felt good. It was a task that I never thought I'd do simply because of the boss's pattern. But I did it!

Wow! You invested YEARS into a game? Now that's passion. I know what it feels like to have passion for a game, but not to the extent that I'd keep attempting to reach a goal for YEARS!

#15 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16678 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: Well, I say years, but it just took me a while. I'd come back to it on and off again every once in a while but I finally did it in April. I didn't play it constantly.

#16 Posted by loafofgame (479 posts) -

I still want to unlock The Kid in Super Meat Boy. I know I'm incapable of doing some of the achievements in Super Meat Boy and I can be at peace with that, but I feel that particular one is still within my capabilities, even though I lost count of the amount of hours I spent on that zone.

@R3FURBISHED said:

yeah, eff dat. I tried a little while. That's gotta be the worst trophy/achievement ever.

Still, I think you're doing something right if you create a horrible achievement and people still go for it... At least it's original.

#17 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

I hope to beat the last boss in Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) this weekend. I tried it for the first time the other night. I had saved up all my magnum ammo thinking it would make it a cake walk. Boy was I wrong. I used all of my magnum ammo, and he was still going. He must have a lot of health.

#18 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18298 posts) -

Beat CoD WaW on Veteran. Enough said.

Ok, not enough: Fuck That Game On Veteran (FTGOV)