Hello everyone. I was trying to find the right place to put this topic would be. I know that many of us have played games at the arcade. We have all dropped quarters into these coin-op systems. I wanted to get everyone's feedback on what your favorite arcade game is. I'm not looking for the best arcade game, I want to hear what is your favorite arcade game and why. I know there are many to pick from. From games like Gauntlet to Mortal Kombat.
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: May 18, 2003
- Posts: 1008
- Member Since: November 30, 2004
- Posts: 6594
- Member Since: September 9, 2006
- Posts: 36
- Member Since: September 12, 2007
- Posts: 4218
- Member Since: May 11, 2006
- Posts: 2426
- Member Since: December 15, 2004
- Posts: 1130
- Member Since: June 16, 2007
- Posts: 1853
- Member Since: December 10, 2004
- Posts: 72
- Member Since: June 14, 2005
- Posts: 21746
- Member Since: June 7, 2005
- Posts: 6518
- Member Since: May 18, 2003
- Posts: 1008
I remember spending countless quarters on Street Fighter 2 and X-Men Arcade game.
Remember when Mortal Kombat hit arcades for the first time? Parents tried to keep their kids away from this lifelike violent game. That was the most popular one we had at our arcade. I guess controversy created cash hehe
- Member Since: May 11, 2004
- Posts: 2307
The Three Stooges
Star Wars the Arcade Game
Street Fighter II to Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Several 90's NeoGeo games
Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr
Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man
I was never forgetting about Tic-tac-toe Chicken. I played it with live chicken at Chinatown Fair. I lost many times, and tied, few times. I could not beat it all time.
- Member Since: April 26, 2007
- Posts: 128
- Member Since: August 26, 2004
- Posts: 885
- Member Since: August 23, 2002
- Posts: 12135
Wow, all of these responses and not a soul saying any of the four player glory games of the early 90's. If I had to rank them I would put them in this order.
Street Fighter 2: CE
X-Men (probably tied with SF2:CE)
TMNT (pick one, they were all great)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mortal Kombat II
I miss the days of going to an arcade and being able to team up with three (in X-Men's case five) other strangers in order to take down hordes of the same bad guys and larger than life bosses. Sure, there are some awesome games that we haven't seen, but I recall going to Tilt and playing most of the day with my friends. Capcom probably owes me some money.
- Member Since: October 19, 2006
- Posts: 994
- Member Since: September 29, 2004
- Posts: 727
- Member Since: July 28, 2003
- Posts: 5826
My favorite arcade game is a tie between 2: Commando (by Capcom) and Black Tiger (also by Capcom). I played these games a LOT in 1987 while my parents bowled in their league on Friday and Saturday nights.
Commando is one of the first games I was really GOOD at, more than just played. I just couldn't get into Bionic Commando as much as I did Commando. I plan to get Commando 3 whenever it comes out on Xbox Live Arcade.
Black Tiger, I enjoyed because of the RPG-type elements, gain gold, build up armor and your weapon, mixed with all the action. Magic Sword was similar, almost like a sequel.
After those 2 games, I'd probably put TMNT, Pac-Man and Galaga to fill out the rest of my top 5.
- Member Since: December 17, 2004
- Posts: 969
- Member Since: May 31, 2003
- Posts: 19348
i have a few favs i no longerh ave access to but here they are
cops- lovei t if your in florida go to fundepot or boomers, they have it
another one which i do have on snes and scd is lethal enforcers another gun shooting game also with movie like visuals, not xbox360 like bu t you know , its a cutscene like game
another would be crusin world which i have also on n64 so i always have it minus the wheel ,
thats all i really liked as all the others are either on my nes -etc well those are to but those are original and greatr
- Member Since: November 2, 2003
- Posts: 210
- Member Since: December 8, 2007
- Posts: 593
- Member Since: December 25, 2007
- Posts: 476
- Member Since: February 25, 2007
- Posts: 802
- Member Since: April 30, 2006
- Posts: 1160
- Member Since: January 31, 2005
- Posts: 9331
- Member Since: October 8, 2005
- Posts: 22985
- Member Since: May 22, 2007
- Posts: 851
- Member Since: January 29, 2008
- Posts: 568
- Member Since: November 10, 2007
- Posts: 129
- Member Since: January 6, 2008
- Posts: 76
Metal Slug for sure
I only beat 4 in the arcade I've almost beaten 1 in the arcade but I only had like 2 bucks on me and I've layed and beaten X and 3 on my old Neo Geo machine I had. I also had 3,4 and 5 for xbox and now I've got 3 again on XBLA
No doubt about it!I have no idea how much money i've spent again and again on this great game with a friend of mine!!!
- Member Since: February 10, 2008
- Posts: 2074
- Member Since: October 19, 2003
- Posts: 558
- Member Since: November 27, 2002
- Posts: 39
- Member Since: February 26, 2008
- Posts: 16
- Member Since: January 19, 2005
- Posts: 2056
I still visit my local arcade regularly, and if I had to think about how much money I have spent on arcade games I think I would narrow it down to the following 3...
1) Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (1-3) - I loved the save feature, and being able to transfer your card from the first game to the second game and eventually to the third game made me keep coming back for more.
2) The House of the Dead 2 - Quite possibly the best game in the series (and the hardest) I have played it so much that I can almost make it through the thing in one credit. A big improvement from when I was 10 and dumping $20 into the machine.
3) Time Crisis 3 - It seemed I couldn't avoid this one. It was at every Dave and Busters, Gameworks, Alladin's Castle, etc. that I came across. I couldn't resist putting in a few credits every time.
Honorable mentions: Soul Calibur 2, Gauntlet: Dark Legecy, Raiden Fighters.
- Member Since: September 28, 2007
- Posts: 1758
- Member Since: May 1, 2004
- Posts: 514
- Member Since: October 11, 2004
- Posts: 12618
- Member Since: March 18, 2006
- Posts: 15614
- Member Since: September 23, 2003
- Posts: 6727
- Member Since: May 17, 2004
- Posts: 2467