[ possible spoilers] New game ending trends

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bang1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bang1101
Member since 2004 • 565 Posts

Whats up with all the new games ending in cliffhangers?

I understand that sometimes its better to let something's be questionable like if the main character lives or dies but

Crysis: cliffhanger

Assassin's creed: lackluster ending/cliffhanger (meaning they didn't leave you in suspense but kinda scratching your head going is this the true ending?)

I seriously looking forward to another 2-3 hours of alien butt kicking, then they decide to roll credits leaving me to go WTF?

bang1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bang1101
Member since 2004 • 565 Posts
I was seriously looking forward to another 2-3 hours of alien butt kicking in crysis, then they decide to roll credits leaving me to go WTF?
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
Yeah that kind of sucks on Crysis but it leaves open the sequel action. its all about $$$$
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
Not sure if there's a Crysis sequal planned or not, but I know Assassin's Creed is going to be a trilogy so that's what it has a cliffhanger. As for most other games, it's always good to leave the player wondering and wanting more.
Avatar image for NecunoscutMinte
NecunoscutMinte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NecunoscutMinte
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

Not sure if there's a Crysis sequal planned or not, but I know Assassin's Creed is going to be a trilogy so that's what it has a cliffhanger. As for most other games, it's always good to leave the player wondering and wanting more.musicXpirate

Thats true, but not so much if they decide never to make a sequel. They may have plans to make one now, but still doesn't mean that they actually will make one.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

I was seriously looking forward to another 2-3 hours of alien butt kicking in crysis, then they decide to roll credits leaving me to go WTF?bang1101

That was what I felt as well. And not being allowed to use the TAC launcher for anything else than the last boss was a huge mistake.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Whats up with all the new games ending in cliffhangers?

I understand that sometimes its better to let something's be questionable like if the main character lives or dies but

Crysis: cliffhanger

Assassin's creed: lackluster ending/cliffhanger (meaning they didn't leave you in suspense but kinda scratching your head going is this the true ending?)

I seriously looking forward to another 2-3 hours of alien butt kicking, then they decide to roll credits leaving me to go WTF?

bang1101

Crysis is announced as a 3 part trilogy, so they have to limit the amount of closure they provide in the first game to open up the other two games.

Assassins creed is just a poor effort in my opinion, thats all.