Portable fighters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

How do you all feel about portable fighting games? I personally own a 3DS and happen to have Dead or Alive: Dimensions as well as Super Street Fighter 4. I prefer Dead or Alive, it is just a fantastic version of Dead or Alive 4 as it runs on the DOA 4 engine at 60 FPS without the 3D. I would love to know if there were any rumored fighting games for the 3DS aside from Super Smash Bros 4 as I am very much aware of that:P

What about you Vita owners? I know there is a version of Mortal Kombat for the Vita and it looks pretty good a great game that the 3DS unfortunately misses out on.

I know somtimes portable games really paled in comparison to console versions but the 3DS AND Vita show that the handheld version still brings the same experience as the console variant.

What are your thoughts?

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

How do you all feel about portable fighting games? I personally own a 3DS and happen to have Dead or Alive: Dimensions as well as Super Street Fighter 4. I prefer Dead or Alive, it is just a fantastic version of Dead or Alive 4 as it runs on the DOA 4 engine at 60 FPS without the 3D. I would love to know if there were any rumored fighting games for the 3DS aside from Super Smash Bros 4 as I am very much aware of that:P

What about you Vita owners? I know there is a version of Mortal Kombat for the Vita and it looks pretty good a great game that the 3DS unfortunately misses out on.

I know somtimes portable games really paled in comparison to console versions but the 3DS AND Vita show that the handheld version still brings the same experience as the console variant.

What are your thoughts?

mariokart97

THere are some unfortunately overlooked experiences in portable. and the controls are still just good for fighters. Plus with a dedicated processor for good looking games. I didn't even know there was a 3rd parasite eve still I saw it in the vita section, and the smartphone, mobile app war aint making it easier for some of these gems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

I'm not playing any fighter without an arcade stick.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

syztem

Well that is just ignorant? Yes, you're entitled to your preferene but you are inevitably going to miss out on some quality fighting games. Eh, whatever, it's your life.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="syztem"]

mariokart97

Well that is just ignorant? Yes, you're entitled to your preferene but you are inevitably going to miss out on some quality fighting games. Eh, whatever, it's your life.

I doubt enough people will start seriously playing a handheld exclusive fighting game for it to get a tournament scene, so I doubt he cares.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

I have like 20 or 30 hours on DOA5+ on the vita, so I dont have any issue with them

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I enjoyed Street Fighter on the 3DS and Tekken Dark Ressurrection on the PSP.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I enjoyed Street Fighter on the 3DS and Tekken Dark Ressurrection on the PSP.

Ricardomz

Yeah, the PSP version of Tekken Dark Ressurection shamelessly ripoffed off the SP mode of VF4 Evo (the deepest in the genre). Another PSP fighter worth mentioning is Dissidia. Its an amazing fully 3D fighter which enables FF fans to have the one on one matchups they've always wanted to.

The Vita fighters I own are SF X T, Blazblue, Dead or Alive and Playstation AllStars. Fighting games work out really well on portables because its easy to play them in short bursts.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I enjoy handheld fighting games, especially since I usually have more chances to practice.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

I enjoy handheld fighting games, especially since I usually have more chances to practice.

lensflare15

I agree. I would say that portable fighters deliver an experience different than consoles due to increased comfort, control etc.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
Apparently Mortal Kombat for the Vita is good
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I play Blazblue extend a lot. I have the PS3 version too but The Vita version looks better and its easier to practice on. Also the d-pad on Vita is better than PS3 d-pad so I perform much better on vita version.