gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

While some games don't offer the option to play however you want, if you could pick your preferred way to play, what would it be? Controllers, Arcade Sticks, Keyboard, or Keyboard and Mouse?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Definitely controller for me as I find it the most comfortable. However when it comes to fighting games I prefer an arcade stick.

DaFoozLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 DaFoozLady
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

I alternate between controller and keyboard/mouse. The arcade stick is the one interface I never really got the hang of, or that much use to be honest. While others were getting the Nes-Advantage, I went for the Nes-Max controller for the old skool NES. Then again, they were mostly into fighting and sports games while I rummaged the RPG, sim, and adventure bins at the store. I won't get into how the Wiimote and nunchuck design was discriminatory of those in the left handed world...

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I've always felt more comfortable holding a controller to play games. Keyboard and mouse doesn't feel right to me unless I'm just typing. That's just me though.

IncrediBurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 IncrediBurch
Member since 2004 • 142 Posts

Mostly controller. I play more on PC these days. I prefer the Xbox One controller, though I'll use PS4 controllers when I have multiple people play because I can wirelessly connect then via Bluetooth. That is until the Xbox One Wireless dongle is out.

I tried learning to use arcade stick, but learning to use just for fighting games isn't worth it for me. I'd rather just be used to the controller.

I'll use mouse and keyboard only when it is the best way, or the only way for the specific game. DOTA2, DAYZ, and Telltale Games are what I mostly use K&M for.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

it really depends on the genre. can't just pick one type.

Kilikan5670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kilikan5670
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

Depends on the genre for the most part. FPS,MMO, and Strategy Games go to KB/M. Everything else with the few exceptions(Dragon Age) go to the controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Really depends on what I'm playing, FPS, RTS, or RPGs like Dragon Age Origins are KBM games, while many other things like third person shooters, action adventure, or RPGs like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Witcher 2 are better suited for controller

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It depends on the game. I prefer controllers for racing, fighting, and platforming. I prefer keyboard and mouse for shooters (specifically aiming), real time strategies, and overhead RPGs. I hate arcade sticks.

Skcorpion86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Skcorpion86
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

It depends on the game to be honest. Fighting games are my favorite, I play with a pad. (I wish I had the patience to learn how to use a stick though) FPS games I prefer Mouse and keyboard, Racing games I prefer a controller.

Also you left out a handful of peripherals. People use Flight Sticks, Hitboxes, guitar controllers etc...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I am a PC gamer so of course i play with Keyboard and mouse, nothing else is needed.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I wish there was an option for keyboard and mouse + controller.

Love KB+M controls on my PC, but there are a handful of games I use controllers for just out of preference. Driving, fighting, games like Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham City. I'm also pretty big on console gaming too, so my control preference is pretty evenly divided.

unikat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 unikat
Member since 2004 • 123 Posts

Strategies, Driving games, FPSs, TPSs (if excessively reliant on aiming), keyboard+mouse

Everything else, joypad.

Tho I'm comfortable with playing anything except fighting games on keyboard+mouse