Poll: Are You Excited for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate?

• 52 results
gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

The Assassin's Creed Syndicate release date as October 23. So far, we've heard that the Syndicate will once again give weight to the conflict between the series' two warring factions. And that Ubisoft has said it will be bringing back the modern-era gameplay for Assassin's Creed Syndicate and promised fans it will "make sense" of the ongoing conflict between the Assassins and Templars.

Are you excited to play Assassin's Creed Syndicate? Check out our image gallery and our exclusive interview with Ubisoft Quebec

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

No not really... I've never been a fan of the AC games (except Black Flag).

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

Haven't even played Unity yet, and it came bundled with my Xbox One.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Assassin's creed killed it for me with 3 and just pushed the knife even deeper into the care i had for that franchise with the absolute disaster they called Unity.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

No.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

Black Flag was the last AC I'm buying. Sorry but I'm Assassin's out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

Yeah I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

It feels like this game is going in all the wrong directions. Unity had so many great ideas and changes they should be emphasizing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Maybe as a bargain-ben tittle

MalicSumbrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MalicSumbrey
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

Not really no, and I used to be a big fan of Assassins Creed. AC4 was definitely a step forward for the series, but despite the new setting and ship combat, it was still an Assassins Creed game, and that included the unchanged free running and piss easy Combat. I was disappointing with the location for AC Unity, but remained optimistic, however the state that it was in when it launched pissed me off, and to this day I haven't finished it, its just sitting in my backlog, at 30 percent completion.

Things do look better with Syndicate, but I wont buy it full price, never again until Ubisoft puts Assassins Creed in china, Japan, or Eygpt. Until then I'll be waiting for all the AC's to be around 30 bucks before I buy them.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Hell no.

Narutogx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Narutogx2
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

@GameSpot: Yes, I Can't Wait For This Game.

Avenger305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avenger305
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

Nope! Once the Ezio trilogy finished I couldn't care less about the Assassin's Creed series.

Avatar image for deactivated-614cac6791437
deactivated-614cac6791437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-614cac6791437
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

I mean I am iffy on it. It has a cool setting but after that bad burn that unity gave us and how its been annualized it makes for a bad start for syndicate.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Nope, sorry.

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts

Not even a little, because it's really just more of the same, yeah?

The saddest part is that the Assassin's Creed series could've been epic. They were laying the ground work for something really cool, but then they completely bungled the story - the whole Templars v. Assassins war that, apparently, is still ongoing in modern/future society - and, sadly, I don't think there's any way they can recover from those missteps. Which is a damn shame, because, really, what I want is the conclusion to the story. Dump the history angle altogether, the back and forth between old timey memories and the modern day bullshit, and just give me straight up Assassin's Creed in a Blade Runner / Shadowrun future setting - because that's what I think of when I hear 'Syndicate': megacorps, shadow organizations, Neo Tokyo, cyber crimes, and high tech infiltrations and assassinations. Jump the franchise all the way into the future, a future where the Templars hold complete power, and you're one of the last Assassins, determined to expose them and bring them down. And you accomplish your goal but find yourself mortally wounded, forced to sacrifice your life for the greater good. Except that's when the mothership comes down and puts you in a Bacta tank, healing your wounds and making you stronger than ever, granting you freaky alien cybertech abilities so they can whisk you off to strange and wondrous new worlds of alien adventures. And that's how the game ends, with you running through alien world terrain in a Ghost in the Shell-style camo cloak, leaping off massive fungal growths, and assassinating Globnargian overlords with your lightsaber hidden blade. Just finally close out this damn franchise out so those teams can move on to doing something new.

Nothing less than that is going to get me stoked for a new Assassin's Creed game.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ayanami000
Member since 2015 • 125 Posts

not really. im not a fan of AC and i only played it once.

Karolius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Karolius
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

Are you exited about seeing new COD? NO. Because it's the same crap. Enough of this mockery.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

No. Give it a break. If the game does something ground breaking and amazing I will take that back. Not holding my breath though.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#20 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

I'm currently enjoying Unity and still do have BlackFlag on my Backlog, so I don't really think I'll be getting Syndicate anytime soon...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#21 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GameSpot: i am playing Unity, and it's surprisingly good. Please don't release it in a broken state

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#22  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I wish I could say that I was excited but I could barely become invested in Unity. I've experienced franchise fatigue before with AC3 but it hit hard this time and I honestly have no intentions of picking up Syndicate. End of an era, really, as I've played all of them so far.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm excited to play it but have decided to wait for a price drop on all AC games after Black Flag. Annualizing the franchise was a mistake and makes the games not nearly as polished as they should be regardless that they are still fun to play.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

I cant get excited about assassins creed, its been dead since 2...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yeah , sure , as much as the Ezio sequels , or as much as AC3 , but not as much as Black Flag.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I may pick up the game when it's dirt cheap. I enjoyed the first entry in the series and the next couple that followed were okay, but I grew tired of the never ending story and I got tired of the fighting. I had to really, really push myself to play through ACIII - I didn't like the character you controlled and the story was mediocre at best. The game felt kind of forced, like they didn't really know where to go with the story line anymore and started making things up as they went on.

It was too easy to take out a dozen+ enemies in a fight. I don't think your character shouldn't be able to defend himself in a one on one fight, but when you have a dozen+ guys after you, you shouldn't be able to take them all down a la Neo style from the Matrix. Assassin should be just that, an assassin - excel at a quick, unexpected kill and to do it without being noticed. No more with the whole stand and fight the entire army without dying.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I am burnt out on assassin creed and last year disaster did not help, I might pick it up sometime next year when I am between games.

IrishGorilla28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IrishGorilla28

No, the series lost me after part 3. I have no interest in going back.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#29 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Until they try something pretty different (like they did with AC4) I cant see myself going back to this series

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10480 Posts

pretty disappointed they didn't expand on black flag. gameplay-wise unity felt like one of the most rushed games i've played in years. another 6 months worth of love and polish could have made the world of difference. so no, i'll be avoiding it like i do most of ubisoft's games these days

Opstinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Opstinger
Member since 2002 • 4029 Posts

I'm afraid it's going to be just another Assassin's Creed installment we've already seen too much of.

They need to use the Splinter Cell Blacklist engine. The one they have now feels outdated. Even with current gen consoles, it's never improved beyond feeling choppy.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I want to like this game, since it is set in London. However, I think I will be waiting until this game gets into the $20 range. Ubisoft has burned me too many times. Still haven't finished Unity, and Black Flag. So I guess I'm sort of Assassin-ed out.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I lost interest in this series when I started the first game and realized they tagged on horrible modern sci-fi weirdness. Have tried to get into a few since but the stories are slow to start taking the first like 4-5 hours of them to explaining gameplay mechanics, and concepts the game uses.

Quest stories are boring and generic, the templar and and assassin war I never felt was explained in any detail in the total of maybe 25 hours I've payed in a few of them. Making the whole setting conflicts and world seem dull and tacked on when all I really want to do is play a game about an assassin being an assassin.

It's funny when I first saw and heard about the first game I was very excited. Until all the extra bullshit that is the templars and animus was thrust at me and I literally lost all interest outside trying them out occasionally by renting them to see if anything had changed. The series is stale and never really lived up to it's potential to begin with. About time they move on and made new Ip's instead of this whole idea that each game they make needs to have like 3 or 4 more in a series of them to make them worth the effort.

SofaJockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SofaJockey
Member since 2015 • 130 Posts

I think it will be fine. The hate for Unity has lowered expectations so much. I tried a 20 minute demo on their 'Tour' and it felt good. And it's set in my home town so I am additionally personally invested.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I dont see how anyone can play these games year after year when they're pretty much the same. Its nothing personal against assassins creed, I couldn't play uncharted or gta if they pumped out annualised sequels either.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#36 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No. I've lost interest in Rehash Creed.

pizzaguy771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pizzaguy771
Member since 2015 • 21 Posts

@GameSpot: i think this AC is getting milked things just BS i do think they should not make more games after thisbut one more main entry game is good to end the story

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 punksterdaddy
Member since 2010 • 1410 Posts

Add me to the NO pile too.

Such a shame, the games were fun to play originally with an interesting concept... but of course they went and milked it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I stopped caring about the AC series after III. And I was a HUGE AC fan. I even enjoyed the Desmond story arch.

LeoVgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LeoVgames

Never really been a big fan of these, might give it a go one day tho. :)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nope. Haven't even beaten Unity. Just lost interest early on.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

nope..never liked any of the AC games

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

No, I've only beaten a few AC games (Revelations, Brotherhood), played some but not beaten (AC1 and AC2), and have yet to finish Black Flag. The last time I played Black Flag was October of last year. I never got hugely into the games and it seems now it has become a yearly cash cow like the Call of Duty and Battlefield games.

Xops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xops
Member since 2015 • 28 Posts

maybe a little. i love the first game and the rouge when we are an corrupted assassin and we are killing the BAD GUY! the other games are just a little bit baaaddd..

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Not trying to offend anyone but the Assassin Creed series to me are like cockroaches, they just won't died. It's not even a sport or fps titles and its getting a yearly release. Quantity over quality is a no no for me.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Anyone else notice once Cookies are deleted or you simply sign off and back in you can do the poll again, without it removing your previous poll choice? I've probably voted 6 times for no.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

This series is the #1 that needs to die. Yes more than COD.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

ubisoft spoiled the series , the games now doesn't even stand up to its name . the first 3 games showed how secret and disciplined group of people were assassins who worked under the shadows . but now assassins are bunch of fools, thieves, and immature rowdy kinda people !

ubisoft really need to go back to historical time periods , this modern time periods aren't working at all.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

I want to. But they botched the last release so bad that I will have to wait before I purchase at a discount.