Playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Loving It

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 269

User Lists: 0

Edited By wolf503
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

As the title suggests (more or less states actually), I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and loving it. I knew I would like the game within the first 30mins of gameplay. Why? Well upon climbing up a broken wooden construct of some sort, I turned around to look back at the beach which I had washed up on, only to see this amazingly colourful and vibrant environment that was just breathtaking. This was only a small taste of what to expect and it's not until you set sail in the large open seas of the Caribbeans that you truly see the amount of effort that Ubisoft put into making this a large scale exploration game. You can check out Part 1 of the playthrough I'm doing for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag in the video above.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#1 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Same here. Honestly surprised since I wasn't really enjoying the second game very much from my brief time with it. Don't know what changed, but I'm glad it did. Having a blast so far.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wolf503

@c_rakestraw said:

Same here. Honestly surprised since I wasn't really enjoying the second game very much from my brief time with it. Don't know what changed, but I'm glad it did. Having a blast so far.

Yeah, I can't wait to get into hunting whales and exploring the islands more. I have yet to experience underwater exploration as well but I'm interested in that, although a little worried about the sharks.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Awesome. My copy should arrive on Monday.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Yeah I've put about 17 hours into this game so far and it just keeps building upon itself. The game world is massive and filled to the brim with almost too much to do. I must say that with the scale, amount of content, and the depth of this game, that this is the best open world I've ever experienced. It feels like a truly next gen game, but playable on current gen tech somehow.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wolf503

@Pikminmaniac said:

Yeah I've put about 17 hours into this game so far and it just keeps building upon itself. The game world is massive and filled to the brim with almost too much to do. I must say that with the scale, amount of content, and the depth of this game, that this is the best open world I've ever experienced. It feels like a truly next gen game, but playable on current gen tech somehow.

Nice! I only just got up to uhm the bit where Edward learns about the kid lol I also got into a battle with a legendary ship. Oh man, it's scary, they're massive and the fog makes it hard to see them. Needless to say, I lost the battle, it basically 1 hit me lol I need to upgrade the Jackdaw more.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@wolf503 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Nice! I only just got up to uhm the bit where Edward learns about the kid lol I also got into a battle with a legendary ship. Oh man, it's scary, they're massive and the fog makes it hard to see them. Needless to say, I lost the battle, it basically 1 hit me lol I need to upgrade the Jackdaw more.

Yeah, they're rough. My ship's almost fully upgraded and I still couldn't beat one. Barely made a dent.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wolf503

@c_rakestraw said:
@wolf503 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Yeah, they're rough. My ship's almost fully upgraded and I still couldn't beat one. Barely made a dent.

Bugger. Sounds like something that will need to be done closer to end game. Although I was surviving a fair bit by tailing it. Only reason it killed me was because I got beside it xD I've taken down royal ships though. And that was being barely upgraded, the hardest part is actually when you board those 1s. I lost half a crew of about 20-30 men trying to board 1.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
@wolf503 said:

Bugger. Sounds like something that will need to be done closer to end game. Although I was surviving a fair bit by tailing it. Only reason it killed me was because I got beside it xD I've taken down royal ships though. And that was being barely upgraded, the hardest part is actually when you board those 1s. I lost half a crew of about 20-30 men trying to board 1.

Yikes. Worst that's happened to me is coming close to dying a few times while trying to take one down. Haven't run into any cases of losing a lot of my crew yet, thankfully.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wolf503

@c_rakestraw said:
@wolf503 said:

Yikes. Worst that's happened to me is coming close to dying a few times while trying to take one down. Haven't run into any cases of losing a lot of my crew yet, thankfully.

Yeah, it was my fault lol I was kind of running around the ship instead of helping my crew fight haha

Maverick6585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Maverick6585
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

I never got into the AC games. I have the first and second, but they never really captured me.

Not to say they aren't awesome games. They're obviously fantastic, the way people talk about them. It just wasn't my thing

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Has anyone here felt let down by AC3 that's enjoying this game? By Revelations I was sick of Ezio, and 3 was just a huge downer to me, so I never picked up 4. But now I'm hearing all these wonderful things about it an I'm curious as to whether it would just be another wasted investment.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@wolf503:

I was let down by AC3 but Black Flag has redeemed this franchise for me. This easily one of the best games I have played so far this year. I was really surprised by how addicting the game play is on the pirate ship. The open nature of the sea and all of the side missions, mini games have provided me with hours of fun!

ShrunkThatGUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShrunkThatGUY
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

ive been contemplating buying a copy for my 360. seen as i have pre-ordered a copy for the Xbox One. I absolutely love the franchise and im so exited for black flag. Its a shame i still have 14 days to wait :/

n3rdcor3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 n3rdcor3
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I fell in love with this game when i saw the 30 mins walkthrough. This looks like the best of all the AC games.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wolf503

@Maverick6585 said:

I never got into the AC games. I have the first and second, but they never really captured me.

Not to say they aren't awesome games. They're obviously fantastic, the way people talk about them. It just wasn't my thing

Yeah it's not for everyone, I'm a similar way with FF, but I plan on trying the new free combat FF.

@El_Zo1212o said:

Has anyone here felt let down by AC3 that's enjoying this game? By Revelations I was sick of Ezio, and 3 was just a huge downer to me, so I never picked up 4. But now I'm hearing all these wonderful things about it an I'm curious as to whether it would just be another wasted investment.

@Areez said:

@wolf503:

I was let down by AC3 but Black Flag has redeemed this franchise for me. This easily one of the best games I have played so far this year. I was really surprised by how addicting the game play is on the pirate ship. The open nature of the sea and all of the side missions, mini games have provided me with hours of fun!

I can see how some people felt let down by AC3, but for me, I always felt like more of a badass in AC3 then I did in any other AC game, I love fluid gameplay and the story stepped up a little bit compared to Brotherhood, although Revelations had a pretty damn good ending. 2 definitely did really well in narrative and set the bar for the franchise there, but they didn't live up to that aspect in the following titles. And the gameplay in ACIV did get better, it still feels a bit reskinned at times but with everything going on in the game it's kind of hard to notice which isn't easy to pull off. lol

@ShrunkThatGUY said:

ive been contemplating buying a copy for my 360. seen as i have pre-ordered a copy for the Xbox One. I absolutely love the franchise and im so exited for black flag. Its a shame i still have 14 days to wait :/

I unfortunately had to cancel my PS4 pre-order since PS4 doesn't let you record via capture devices, I also didn't want to wait xD I plan on getting it again on PS4 at somepoint, maybe I'll use that discount thing they give you.

@n3rdcor3 said:

I fell in love with this game when i saw the 30 mins walkthrough. This looks like the best of all the AC games.

Same, I pretty much knew I'd love the game within the first 30mins. It gets better and better too.