Phil Spencer Share A New Update On Phantom Dust, Microsoft Is "Still Commited"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flamydragon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Edited By flamydragon86
Member since 2014 • 97 Posts

Xbox Head Phil Spencer has confirmed on Twitter that, while there won’t be news about the game at the upcoming Gamescom 2015, Microsoft is "still committed" on making the best possible Phantom Dust title for Xbox One.

Last year, the game was announced to be a completely new experience in the series, kind of reboot of the original title that was released in partnership with Majesco Entertainment on Xbox. Then, the developer Darkside Games, which was asked not to reveal it was working on the project, was removed from it and the production halted.

Being "still committed" means that, as Spencer also said in the past few months, Microsoft is still working on searching the right developer for this game.

Phantom Dust is going to be a strategic, turn-based role playing game to release exclusively on Xbox One. We hope we’ll learn more about it next year.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

"strategic, turn-based role playing game" sounds nothing like the original, which was basically an action game with a deck builder mechanic. We'll see how it turns out. The gameplay was kinda hampered by the deck mechanics, imo, so maybe a change isn't a bad thing. The narrative was actually really compelling. Hope it works out.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

I hope this game makes it

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44149 Posts

That's cool. I never played the original but I'll keep my eye on this one and if interested I may check it out.