Phantom_Leo's Top Ten Games of 2013!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Phantom_Leo (7054 posts) -

Read them all here!

#1 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7054 posts) -

Never published a blog like this since the start of the new forums. Just wanted to see how it would appear in the forum versus my blog. Interesting. All are welcome to read, if you wish, but if it gets locked because it leads to another site, that's fine too.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (12931 posts) -

the last of us as #1?

psshh i guess it was great movie...id buy the bluray if they release it.

#3 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18199 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

the last of us as #1?

psshh i guess it was great movie...id buy the bluray if they release it.

I guess you're thinking of Beyond?

#4 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Interesting games on the list. Disgaea D2 is a really fun game, especially for longtime fans of the franchise. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I've seen four of the 'bad' (but entertaining) endings.

#5 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Very nice, varied list. Good stuff, Leo.

I never played a Disgaea game, though I'd like to. Unfortunately, I just don't know where to start. After I'm done with Tearaway I was thinking about getting the Disgaea available on the Vita since I've heard such good things. I'm just not sure if it's the type of series where story doesn't matter game to game or if I should be familiar with what's going on.

#6 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7054 posts) -

@IndianaPwns39: The only two games where the stories relate are Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness. All of the others have self-contained stories where you don't need to play any others to understand what's going on. It is true that in the POST-Game you'll get cameo appearances from other characters from the other games, and you may not "get" some of the in-jokes, but don't let that stop you from playing one. They're all great!

#7 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

@Phantom_Leo: Awesome, thanks! Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention will be my next Vita game in that case :D

#8 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

Apparently I own the wrong system for good games of this year. The only one on that list I've played is Link Between Worlds and that's because I jsut got it as a gift. I'm only a few hours into it.

#9 Posted by BranKetra (47864 posts) -

Out of your top ten for this year, I own Tomb Raider and The Last of Us. I have yet to begin either. I have only recently decided to get Dragon's Crown as an upcoming purchase and in a good scenario I also get the art book that was given with pre-orders. Bioshock Infinite has been considered, but I am currently playing other first person shooters. I might get that video game when the premium edition is on sale, but since such an event is likely already passed for quite some time I will be unable to make a top 2013 games list including it except in hindsight. Your list is another assertion besides all the other positive reviews and awards for this year in gaming that my game purchases were good. I definitely intend to start at least four of those games eventually.

#10 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7054 posts) -

I'm hoping Sony wises up and puts out a remastered version of TLoU on the PS4. I would absolutely play it again if so. Squenix and Crystal Dynamics are doing it with Tomb Raider and with 2K's penchant for releasing GOTY editions of all of their games, I would hope a next gen version of Infinite is in the works too.

To this day I am amazed and gratified Dragon's Crown sold as well as it did. I don't really see a next gen version happening (of the original game, at least) but with the numbers it eventually produced, it looks as if VanillaWare and George Kamitani are here to stay!

#11 Posted by Minishdriveby (9630 posts) -
#12 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I'm hoping Sony wises up and puts out a remastered version of TLoU on the PS4. I would absolutely play it again if so. Squenix and Crystal Dynamics are doing it with Tomb Raider and with 2K's penchant for releasing GOTY editions of all of their games, I would hope a next gen version of Infinite is in the works too.

To this day I am amazed and gratified Dragon's Crown sold as well as it did. I don't really see a next gen version happening (of the original game, at least) but with the numbers it eventually produced, it looks as if VanillaWare and George Kamitani are here to stay!

I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if Dragon's Crown got a sequel, but I would prefer that Vanillaware work on something original. A Vanillaware turn based rpg could be awesome.

#13 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Third place I say that this list is great.