PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by KeredsBlaze (2049 posts) -
Hey everyone, new guy here. I am a PS3 owner, and I was wonder which game I should buy? So far I am looking into InFamous, Prototype, and BioShock, but I am defiantly up for your opinions, or other suggestions. Thanks a lot! Edit: I am leaning towards InFamous right now.Linefly11
BioShock no doubt
#252 Posted by WinsteadVolve (391 posts) -
[QUOTE="Linefly11"]Hey everyone, new guy here. I am a PS3 owner, and I was wonder which game I should buy? So far I am looking into InFamous, Prototype, and BioShock, but I am defiantly up for your opinions, or other suggestions. Thanks a lot! Edit: I am leaning towards InFamous right now.

I would lean back the other way and lean on BioShock whether it's 1 or 2.
#254 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

What do you guys think of Jade Empire? I know it's a favorite around here, but is the PC special edition worth it? Never played the game, but I'm looking to because I don't want to miss a gem. It's $14 at GamersGate. Yay or Nay?

#256 Posted by Mafty (74 posts) -
hey guys, im looking for 2 different types of games, both preferably on ps3 (pc would do, as xbox 360, but ps3 is #1) Anyways the first style of game im looking for is a semi-linear/open world RPG (really close to the lines of FFX, i have DA:2 already) The second style of game im looking for is a FPS that incororpates some type of equipment system or level up system. I have fallout 3 already as well. Im not looking for an online FPS, im looking for single player. I know Brink is coming uot next week, but not sure if it has either of those aspects
#257 Posted by vadicta (4354 posts) -

hey guys, im looking for 2 different types of games, both preferably on ps3 (pc would do, as xbox 360, but ps3 is #1) Anyways the first style of game im looking for is a semi-linear/open world RPG (really close to the lines of FFX, i have DA:2 already) The second style of game im looking for is a FPS that incororpates some type of equipment system or level up system. I have fallout 3 already as well. Im not looking for an online FPS, im looking for single player. I know Brink is coming uot next week, but not sure if it has either of those aspectsMafty

Did you ever try Borderlands?

Bioshow might fill that need for you, as well.

^These are for number two by the way :)

#258 Posted by Diverdoc (5 posts) -
Hey gamers. I've been trying to find helicopter games and flight sims (other than microsofts flight sim) for ages. It's not easy finding new, good ones out there. Any fans in here that could perhaps enlighten me with their flight-sim knowledge ;) ? If so I would appreciate it immensely! -Diverdoc
#260 Posted by Diverdoc (5 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mafty"]hey guys, im looking for 2 different types of games, both preferably on ps3 (pc would do, as xbox 360, but ps3 is #1) Anyways the first style of game im looking for is a semi-linear/open world RPG (really close to the lines of FFX, i have DA:2 already) The second style of game im looking for is a FPS that incororpates some type of equipment system or level up system. I have fallout 3 already as well. Im not looking for an online FPS, im looking for single player. I know Brink is coming uot next week, but not sure if it has either of those aspectsvadicta

easy answer: Fallout: New Vegas. Also seconding Borderlands, though it REALLY gets repetetive...
#261 Posted by rylon21 (2 posts) -
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good grindy / time sink game to sink some hours into. Examples include armor and weapon crafting in monster hunter, materia mastering in FFVII, leveling pokemon, etc. Doesn't have to be anything too current. Thanks
#262 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good grindy / time sink game to sink some hours into. Examples include armor and weapon crafting in monster hunter, materia mastering in FFVII, leveling pokemon, etc. Doesn't have to be anything too current. Thanksrylon21
Try something in the Warriors games. Dysansty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi. I'm playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the 3DS and sounds like you may really like this. I also just started playing Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires on 360 and its fun, but just not as good as Samurai Warriors Chronicles.
#263 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16608 posts) -

[QUOTE="rylon21"]Hey guys, I'm looking for a good grindy / time sink game to sink some hours into. Examples include armor and weapon crafting in monster hunter, materia mastering in FFVII, leveling pokemon, etc. Doesn't have to be anything too current. ThanksYoBrandino
Try something in the Warriors games. Dysansty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi. I'm playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the 3DS and sounds like you may really like this. I also just started playing Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires on 360 and its fun, but just not as good as Samurai Warriors Chronicles.

Dragon Quest IX also has what you're looking for. On DS. I've spent 100 hours on it, and am nowhere near full completion.

#264 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -
Could anyone recommend me a good rpg, similar to Lost Odyssey for Xbox (probably my favorite rpg ever), old Final Fantasy's, and like the older sega games like skies of Arcadia, grandia, ext.. Basically im looking for the old team tradition type. You have 3-4 people when you battle on your team, you choose everyones attack and you take turns attacking with the enemy. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy those type of rpgs and I wouldn't know how to search for games similar, if anyone knows any please list them. I don't really like these new type of games where you have to move squares or where you only get full control of one character, and the rest just do what they are assigned. Am not looking for anything like that. Thank you Xbox 360
#265 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16608 posts) -

Could anyone recommend me a good rpg, similar to Lost Odyssey for Xbox (probably my favorite rpg ever), old Final Fantasy's, and like the older sega games like skies of Arcadia, grandia, ext.. Basically im looking for the old team tradition type. You have 3-4 people when you battle on your team, you choose everyones attack and you take turns attacking with the enemy. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy those type of rpgs and I wouldn't know how to search for games similar, if anyone knows any please list them. I don't really like these new type of games where you have to move squares or where you only get full control of one character, and the rest just do what they are assigned. Am not looking for anything like that. Thank you Xbox 360Boredom1234567

Dragon Quest IX is right up your alley. (Unfortunatley it's for DS) Old school mixed with new features, a deep class system, full party customization and a ridiculous amount of content. Story is decent, graphics look good, good music. Yeah, I think this is the game you're looking for.

DS really is a haven for RPG, especially old school ones. Here a a few good ones, if you're interested.

Final Fantasy IV

Chrono Trigger

Pokemon Black/ White

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Hope this helps.

#266 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -
Thanks, but im only looking for xbox 360 games.
#267 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16608 posts) -

Thanks, but im only looking for xbox 360 games. Boredom1234567

Yeah I know. I'm not sure of too many on the console. Really, though, you should consider getting a DS, like I said, it's a haven for RPGs.

#268 Posted by YoBrandino (1546 posts) -

Could anyone recommend me a good rpg, similar to Lost Odyssey for Xbox (probably my favorite rpg ever), old Final Fantasy's, and like the older sega games like skies of Arcadia, grandia, ext.. Basically im looking for the old team tradition type. You have 3-4 people when you battle on your team, you choose everyones attack and you take turns attacking with the enemy. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy those type of rpgs and I wouldn't know how to search for games similar, if anyone knows any please list them. I don't really like these new type of games where you have to move squares or where you only get full control of one character, and the rest just do what they are assigned. Am not looking for anything like that. Thank you Xbox 360Boredom1234567

Blue Dragon should work for you.

I also really liked Enchanted Arms, its battle system is a little different, but still turn based.

#269 Posted by RECON64bit (640 posts) -

Ass. Creed Brotherhood or Mortal Kombat 9, Which game is a better buy, thanks.

#270 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -
Thanks, I have enchanted arms, I didn't really like it because you have to move on squares as turns, was kind of annoying, so i just quit it early. I will check out blue dragon, thank you. Do you know of any others? Or anyone else for that matter. Im new to this forum, not much of a gamer, i just like to play rpgs in spare time, only have ever finished 2 on xbox: Lost Odyssey and Final Fantasy 13 (even though i hated battle system, but had too play it, its a final fantasy after all lol. I will just mention this again here, looks like posts on this thread happen constantly so my question might get passed through, and im hoping to get some more opinions. Could anyone recommend me a good rpg, similar to Lost Odyssey for Xbox (probably my favorite rpg ever), old Final Fantasy's, and like the older sega games like skies of Arcadia, grandia, ext.. Basically im looking for the old team tradition type. You have 3-4 people when you battle on your team, you choose everyones attack and you take turns attacking with the enemy. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy those type of rpgs and I wouldn't know how to search for games similar, if anyone knows any please list them. I don't really like these new type of games where you have to move squares or where you only get full control of one character, and the rest just do what they are assigned. Am not looking for anything like that. Thank you Xbox 360
#271 Posted by thattotally (3842 posts) -

For a while now, I've been thinking about whether or not to play the Silent Hill games. Specifically, Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I don't really like survival horror though... but I hear this series is not a shooter, unlike Resident Evil. Is this true? I wouldn't mind playing the series if there was no focus on shooting enemies, as opposed to bashing enemies with a plank wood or something. I wouldn't mind a good scare then.

Lastly, there is the matter of obtaining said games. The first one is a PlayStation 1 game, the rest are ps2 games. Is the first one on PSN? If so, I might think about purchasing the first game and then dealing with the rest later, maybe even buying used from Amazon.

#272 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

For a while now, I've been thinking about whether or not to play the Silent Hill games. Specifically, Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I don't really like survival horror though... but I hear this series is not a shooter, unlike Resident Evil. Is this true? I wouldn't mind playing the series if there was no focus on shooting enemies, as opposed to bashing enemies with a plank wood or something. I wouldn't mind a good scare then.

Lastly, there is the matter of obtaining said games. The first one is a PlayStation 1 game, the rest are ps2 games. Is the first one on PSN? If so, I might think about purchasing the first game and then dealing with the rest later, maybe even buying used from Amazon.

thattotally

Well ive only played the 4th game...it was good, i guess. But after reading your post i think these would be perfect games for you Condemned: Criminal Origins, Condemned 2, Alone in The Dark ( the latest one from 2008 i think) and maybe Call of Cthulu. There is a bit of shooting in these games too but the main focus is on melle fights.

In Condemned you can take almost anything in your hands and use it against your enemies. You can find guns but ammo is scarce so you will probably want to save it.

In Alone in The Dark the main focus in on fire. You can break chairs, tables and fight against your enemies like that, or if you want to make sure they're dead you can ignite them. You can take bottles of fuel or alchol and pour them over a specific area to make a trap against your enemies, you can also throw the bottles and shoot them. There are a lot of items which you can combine. You should check the GS review for more info.

Call of Cthulu is one of my first ( and creepiest ) horror games. The main focus here is on stealth. You need to hide from your enemies, because you are outnumbered and outgunned. When you're chased you need to close and lock the doors behind you or put object like chairs or tables to stop your pursuers. If you jumo from too high you might hurt your leg which will make your running slower. When you get guns you can't use them too often because ammo is hard to find and when you shoot other enemies come running from a mile away.

Out of these 3 i would reccomend getting Alone in The Dark, because its got great gameplay, graphics and its a bit scary too.

#273 Posted by KeredsBlaze (2049 posts) -
Thanks, I have enchanted arms, I didn't really like it because you have to move on squares as turns, was kind of annoying, so i just quit it early. I will check out blue dragon, thank you. Do you know of any others? Or anyone else for that matter. Im new to this forum, not much of a gamer, i just like to play rpgs in spare time, only have ever finished 2 on xbox: Lost Odyssey and Final Fantasy 13 (even though i hated battle system, but had too play it, its a final fantasy after all lol. I will just mention this again here, looks like posts on this thread happen constantly so my question might get passed through, and im hoping to get some more opinions. Could anyone recommend me a good rpg, similar to Lost Odyssey for Xbox (probably my favorite rpg ever), old Final Fantasy's, and like the older sega games like skies of Arcadia, grandia, ext.. Basically im looking for the old team tradition type. You have 3-4 people when you battle on your team, you choose everyones attack and you take turns attacking with the enemy. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy those type of rpgs and I wouldn't know how to search for games similar, if anyone knows any please list them. I don't really like these new type of games where you have to move squares or where you only get full control of one character, and the rest just do what they are assigned. Am not looking for anything like that. Thank you Xbox 360Boredom1234567
I know what your looking for, unfortunately the 360 just doesn't have many games that fit that style, idk if you like adventure RPG's but Nier is a very underrated game that you can get for cheap.
#274 Posted by KeredsBlaze (2049 posts) -

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

[QUOTE="Mafty"]hey guys, im looking for 2 different types of games, both preferably on ps3 (pc would do, as xbox 360, but ps3 is #1) Anyways the first style of game im looking for is a semi-linear/open world RPG (really close to the lines of FFX, i have DA:2 already) The second style of game im looking for is a FPS that incororpates some type of equipment system or level up system. I have fallout 3 already as well. Im not looking for an online FPS, im looking for single player. I know Brink is coming uot next week, but not sure if it has either of those aspectsDiverdoc

easy answer: Fallout: New Vegas. Also seconding Borderlands, though it REALLY gets repetetive...

Bioshock 1 or 2 would be a good choice

#275 Posted by 0ld_School (14 posts) -
Definitely Deus Ex: Human Evolutions, Mass Effect 3, Fable III, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Age II. All coming out soon.
#276 Posted by 0ld_School (14 posts) -
Definitely Deus Ex: Human Evolutions, Mass Effect 3, Fable III, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Age II. All coming out soon.0ld_School
+ Transformers: War on Cybertron II [first one had a very impressive campaign that lacked more content]. Hopefully, second game will fix that.
#277 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -
Thanks for the recommendation's guys, I ended up buying a new blue dragon for 5 dollars, hopefully it will be good even though its a kiddie game lol. It sucks that xbox lacks Jrpg's (Tradition Team/Turn play ones). If anyone knows of any others, please list them, even if they are bad ones, as long as they are old traditional ones I am fine. like i mentioned earlier, not looking for anything where you only get to control one character, where you have to constantly move around and attack, and where you have to move squares. Just looking for old Final Fantasy Type games/Lost Odyssey where you control every character and you command them, telling them what to do.
#278 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
Thanks for the recommendation's guys, I ended up buying a new blue dragon for 5 dollars, hopefully it will be good even though its a kiddie game lol. It sucks that xbox lacks Jrpg's (Tradition Team/Turn play ones). If anyone knows of any others, please list them, even if they are bad ones, as long as they are old traditional ones I am fine. like i mentioned earlier, not looking for anything where you only get to control one character, where you have to constantly move around and attack, and where you have to move squares. Just looking for old Final Fantasy Type games/Lost Odyssey where you control every character and you command them, telling them what to do. Boredom1234567
I've heard some good things about Blue Dragon. Other games include Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, and Enchanted Arms. If you're into western RPGs, well -- that's a whole different story. Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dragon Age -- the list goes on.
#281 Posted by paperfire2000 (111 posts) -

I just purchased a new computer and I would like to get into a good multiplayer FPS. Which one is supposed to have the best online play? Of course there is CoD: Black Ops which may be the best because of how many millions it has sold. I also hear Brink may be good. What do you recommend?

#282 Posted by GrodyBean (265 posts) -

Hey guys,

I'm finally going to get my Xbox back in summer after Microsoft fixes it. I was wondering by then, what the top games will be for Xbox. I haven't really been keeping up with it very much.

Right now, my game collection is pretty small:

GTA IV, MW2, Black Ops, Assassin's Creed II, NBA 2K11, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Madden 11.

So I guess any reccomendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

#283 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -
I have infinite undiscovery, last remnant, and enchanted arms, they all look like they could be good games, but not exactly what im looking for. I have never played the first 2, but I have seen my brother play them, they arent really "traditional turn based" rpgs, enchanted arms is more of that except you have to move squares which i dont like. Yea lol, I am a bit picky, guess i just like the old stuff. Currently i am playing blue dragon, its a decent game, i play a half hour a day, I like it so far, and it is like the traditional turn based rpgs. If anyone has the same question as me, there are 2 traditional turn based rpgs for xbox 360 like the old Final Fantasies, and Sega Dreamcast games are Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (blue dragon may look a bit childish, I wont say it isn't, but its fine for an adult to play it, its not as close as childish as you think it would be). I took a look at eternal sonata too, it seems alright, I just heard that their fighting mode is a bit different, that you have to constantly attack when its the given characters turn. Oh well blue dragon will last me long at the rate i play. But i am still open to suggestions for the future. If anyone else knows any games similar, just post it.
#284 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16608 posts) -

Hey guys,

I'm finally going to get my Xbox back in summer after Microsoft fixes it. I was wondering by then, what the top games will be for Xbox. I haven't really been keeping up with it very much.

GTA IV, MW2, Black Ops, Assassin's Creed II, NBA 2K11, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Madden 11.

Thanks!

GrodyBean

Assasin's Creed Brotherhood, Resident Evil 5, FEAR, the Dead Space games (1 and 2), the Condemned games if you like horror... Yeah I recently got an Xbox, I've been catching up with games I missed, but I've enjoyed all of the games I listed, hope this helps.

#285 Posted by KeredsBlaze (2049 posts) -

Hey guys,

Thanks!

GrodyBean

Mass Effect 1 and 2

#286 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrodyBean"]

Hey guys,

Thanks!

KeredsBlaze

Mass Effect 1 and 2

Agreed. You should also try Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and reccomend another great RPG. This game was very under-appriciated by critics but the general public thought is was pretty good. That game is Alpha Protocol, you should take a look at it.

#287 Posted by vadicta (4354 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrodyBean"]

Hey guys,

Thanks!

turtlethetaffer

Assasin's Creed Brotherhood, Resident Evil 5, FEAR, the Dead Space games (1 and 2), the Condemned games if you like horror... Yeah I recently got an Xbox, I've been catching up with games I missed, but I've enjoyed all of the games I listed, hope this helps.

VANQUISH

#288 Posted by Skargamer (2569 posts) -
I'm wondering whether I should get Brink or not. IGN's and Gamespot's review have pretty good points on why NOT to buy it, but I'm wondering if any consumers out there played the game and feel the same way. If so, please tell me why I should/shouldn't buy the game. :)
#289 Posted by Skargamer (2569 posts) -

Hey guys,

Thanks!

GrodyBean

Halo Reach. I had TONS of fun with it. :)

#290 Posted by Boredom1234567 (10 posts) -

Hey guys,

Thanks!

GrodyBean
You are sounding like my type of player lol, i love madden, nba, and mw2( even though i dont play it anymore) wasnt so happy with black ops quit it after 1 week haven't put it in once since then. If you are looking for a great game, get battlefield bad company 2 (new not used) im very happy with it, although i have only played it for 6 hours since i got it exactly a month ago lol. Its more fun than Black ops, all out better game, and no cheaters (10ths... mods ext)
#292 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16608 posts) -

Should I get Final Fantasy XIII? I like RPGs (I'm open to different kinds of RPG gameplay) and I like games with long SP. Also I enjoy a good story. Is this game for me?

#293 Posted by Camper_On_Creat (699 posts) -

Hey guys, do you all know of any cool tower defense games out there for either the 360 or PC? If it is for the Xbox, do you know if it is player split screen offline? I think that would be a lot of fun too. Let me know.

#294 Posted by NukaNuked (973 posts) -
[QUOTE="joshuababybot"]I need a good RTS game Rules -It has to be low graphics -It must be PURELY RTS (RTT and City Building DO NOT COUNT eg Total War or Civilization II) -It can't be Empire Earth (1 2 and 3) Any game from the CnC series or the Age of Empires series -It must be Historical (it can't be something like starcraft) -It must have multiplayer ANY SUGGESTIONS NOW ? **READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST, I GOT STUPID PEOPLE ON YAHOO ANSWERS AND I DON'T WANT SOME MORE ON GAMESPOT OK ? GOOD !**

Wait, does it have to be historical? Like, something based on the civil war, world wars, etc. Or like actually have been able to happen?
#295 Posted by Weenski (1078 posts) -
Ok, here's a few games that really sound good & people on here say good things about. But as you can see, I'm a fussy customer and keep hearing things wrong with them. I prefer my games linear-ish to open world, (I seem to be rubbish at sandboxers). -Bioshock: Too short? -Vanquish: Too short? -RE5: Is your partner too annoying? -Batman AA: Not sure if I like the look of it. -Mass Effect 2: Too open world? -R&C a crack in time: Too 'cartoony'? -Prince of Persia: Too easy? -InFamous: Too open world? I really like the look of the first 3 the best. Are my 'complaints' about them wrong? Which game from the list should I get which I'll enjoy & will last a while? P.S. I've got a PS3. Thanks in advance :)
#296 Posted by vadicta (4354 posts) -

Ok, here's a few games that really sound good & people on here say good things about. But as you can see, I'm a fussy customer and keep hearing things wrong with them. I prefer my games linear-ish to open world, (I seem to be rubbish at sandboxers). -Bioshock: Too short? -Vanquish: Too short? -RE5: Is your partner too annoying? -Batman AA: Not sure if I like the look of it. -Mass Effect 2: Too open world? -R&C a crack in time: Too 'cartoony'? -Prince of Persia: Too easy? -InFamous: Too open world? I really like the look of the first 3 the best. Are my 'complaints' about them wrong? Which game from the list should I get which I'll enjoy & will last a while? P.S. I've got a PS3. Thanks in advance :)Weenski

Bioshock will take you a while as long as you like to explore a bit and don't just run to everywhere the arrow points. I know you said that you like linear stuff and, so I'm not sure if its bent (allbeit a very weak one) toward exploration would turn you off. It's just going into every room in an area and looking around; where you have and haven't been is clearly marrked on your map, so it isn't too hard to do. It's more about completionism than it is a sandbox.

Vanquish took me a good twelve-plus hours on hard mode and even over five when I went back and played through again on Casual. I really don't think it's too short, especially not if you're the kind ot replay games you really enjoy.

#297 Posted by kussese (1554 posts) -
[QUOTE="Weenski"]Ok, here's a few games that really sound good & people on here say good things about. But as you can see, I'm a fussy customer and keep hearing things wrong with them.

I haven't played Vanquish, AA, or R&C so I can't comment on those. That said... I wouldn't call Bioshock short by any means. It's not the length of an RPG, but as far as single player games go, it's fairly average in length. 12~ hours to complete. It's also cheap and an amazing experience. I'd highly recommended them. RE5 is fun if you have someone to play it with. The partner AI is pretty terrible. If nothing else, wait til PSN is back up for this one. Also, I had fun when I played it a few years back, but when I went back I felt the shooting mechanics were kinda annoying. Not being able to move and aim at the same time really grinds my gears :/ ME2 is technically open, but it's more or less just choosing the order you do things. I wouldn't call it anything even close to a sandbox. I'd say go for it. Prince of Persia is indeed really, really easy. If you want a challenge in a game, avoid it. If you like pretty games, definitely check it out. InFamous is probably too sandboxy for your tastes. Slightly less than something like GTA but much more than your average action game. That said, I had a blast with it.
#298 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -

Looking for a deep, involving, engrossing RPG to get lost in while biding my time for Skyrim. I'm finishing up Oblivion, and have no other PS3 RPGs in my library.

#299 Posted by Weenski (1078 posts) -
Thanks guys, Bioshock & Vanquish it is then.
#300 Posted by ericpol (370 posts) -

Hey guys, do you all know of any cool tower defense games out there for either the 360 or PC? If it is for the Xbox, do you know if it is player split screen offline? I think that would be a lot of fun too. Let me know.

Camper_On_Creat

Defense Grid is awesome highly recommend it. Anomaly Warzone Earth is a reverse tower defense game that's pretty good too. Sanctum is a FPS tower defense game that's also pretty good only downside for me is you have to build in first person I don't like that.