PGD Recommendation Thread - Post "What game do I buy?" questions here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

Simple

Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Dead Island

They both look like really good games and i would like to see what other gamers think as i only have limited funds with witch to buy games

HappyHaloHelper

Dead Island is everything I've been looking for in a zombie game.

But i reccomend you Human Revolution for one simple reason: The Deus Ex franchise is one of the best RPG franchises.

Which is why I'll be getting both. :)

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#452 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts

Just finished up inFamous 2 and now looking for a game or two to get me through the summer on those nights where I'm not out or working. Not a big fan of racing or sports games. I usually prefer action games or shooters but I'm also curious about any good RPGs out there that I could really put a lot of time into? Waiting for Skyrim come November, but thats still a long ways off.

Potential games considered (Castlevania Lord of Shadows, Two Worlds II, Hunted), but allsuggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

johr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 johr123
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I agree with a majority of you. I think Dead Space my take it. Great online play, but got to say Black Ops is right up there.
jeromg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 jeromg

I just wanna know if i should buy super street fighter IV or tekken 5

I like tekken's maps and characters, but ssfIV's characters are okay too. The kombat system in Tekken seems to be more in depth (not just one two or three hits) but what i miss are specials. In ssfIV i really love the special attack stuff, but it mostly turns out to be a single kick or punch, the a special, then maybe two hits, and special, then repeat. I need advice, which one should i buy?

Joker2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Joker2004
I'm looking for some FPS or TPP computer game with realistic localized damage and wound tags similar to Soldier of Fortune but more realistic (when you shoot at enemy's hand he releases his weapon and gives up, when you shoot at his leg he falls on the ground and can't move).
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a decent RPG for Xbox 360. The problem is, I'm not sure what to get. The following is a list of RPGs I've already played:

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable 1/2/3
Fallout 3
Bioshock 1 & 2
Dead Space 1

Can you recommend any decent RPGs which are out at the moment and quite popular? I'd prefer to play more popular RPGs to be honest, as then I know the game has some credibility behind it. I'm looking for an RPG which will provide a good amount of lastability aswell, either with gameplay hours or added downloadable content etc. It's nice to play a game knowing that it's most likely going to have added DLC in the future.

I was thinking perhaps about trying Mass Effect seeing as the 3rd has been anounced, but I've never even completed the first, and I'm not sure if I'd like it or not tbh. I love RPGs where you can constantly upgrade yourself along with your armour, weapons, etc & also be able to find weapons & armour from enemies or in special locations etc.

I was also curious about picking up Dragon Age, but then again, that's another game I'd have to play right from the start, as I haven't even played the first one yet. I don't really like buying sequels to games when I haven't played the first one, so if I was to pick any game with a sequel, then I'd need to play the first aswell, but then again I'm not sure if it'd be worth it or not considering Mass Effect 1 & Dragon Age 1 have been out for quite some time now.

There's also Fallout: New Vegas I could try, but that seemed to be really popular when it first came out and then it just seemed like people lost interest all of a sudden for some reason, so again, I'm not sure about that either. I could get Dead Space 2, but I wasn't sure if it'd really be a good time sink, as it's not really an RPG as such. If it's only several hours worth of gameplay before it becomes useless, then I'd rather get something else tbh.

Obviously when Skyrim is released I'll be playing that constantly, but this will be to just pass some time until it comes out & perhaps get up to date with sequels etc coming out.

Anyway, what do you guys suggest? I'm open for any suggestions, including games I've not mentioned here, if you feel I'd enjoy them.

Thanks.

Pumpatron87

You've got the right idea, ME 1 and 2, and pick up Dragon Age Origins as well

GNRfan109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#457 GNRfan109
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

So besides Lair, are there any good games (PC/PS3) that contain friendly dragons that you can ride or they won't attack you?

superbeast101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 superbeast101
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering if those of you who had played Fear 3 and Battlefield bad company 2 could tell me which one is a more solid game and which had better multilayer, thanks in advance.
reddevil2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 reddevil2401
should i buy fifa 12 or mw3
bahamutzzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 bahamutzzzz
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

im looking for a casual MMO game.

I am playing WoW right now and feel tired with constant grinding and long hours raiding.

Maybe like sims online or anything casual with good graphic.

thx

greenehoosier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 greenehoosier
I am looking for a new game for xbox 360. I have looked over recommendations on here and things like "If you like....then try......" I have a couple I am going to try, but wondering if I missed anything amazing. I like things with puzzles and secret levels or items you have to find. I have played the following, but have I missed some good games? God of War, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Nier, Fable, Dante's Inferno, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Argonauts, Alan Wake, Castlevania, Prince of Persia, and Silent Hill...to name a few. :) I don't care for the borderlands or fall out series and I don't like first person shooter games. Any help would be appreciated.
batlleonlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 batlleonlol
im curently low on cash anione now a good browser based game? wich is either free or less than 7-8 dolars a month (since im also low on pc space)
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#463 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I am looking for a new game for xbox 360. I have looked over recommendations on here and things like "If you like....then try......" I have a couple I am going to try, but wondering if I missed anything amazing. I like things with puzzles and secret levels or items you have to find. I have played the following, but have I missed some good games? God of War, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Nier, Fable, Dante's Inferno, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Argonauts, Alan Wake, Castlevania, Prince of Persia, and Silent Hill...to name a few. :) I don't care for the borderlands or fall out series and I don't like first person shooter games. Any help would be appreciated.greenehoosier

I see you like RPG's. Dragon Quest IX is a fantastic JRPG on the DS. Pokemon is also worth getting, my personal faves being Black/ White and Heartgold/ Soulsilver. Also, Chrono trigger on DS is fantastic.

So you're looking for good games? trythe Zelda series (my personal favorite is Majora's Mask) most of them (the exception being Phantom Hourglass which is merley good) are great games. Also, darksiders is a great game, Zelda fused with hack n slash. (I haven't played God of war, so I wouldn't know personally, but, from what I understand, the combat of Darksiders is similar to God Of War.)

For platformers, might I suggest Super Mario Galaxy? Both games are amazing and you won't finish them anytime soon. Also, New super Mairo Brothers (on DS) and New super Mario Brothers Wii (on Wii of course) are both worth checking out. (They aren't like different versions of the same game, they are each their own separate, full game)

For horror, I would reccomend the Resident Evil games, specifically REmake (on Gamecube) and RE4. (Many systems.) Also, Dead Space 1 and 2 are fun third oerson shooter games with horror elements. (They aren't really horror.) Also, Condemned: Criminal Origins has a fantastic horror atmosphere, as long as you don't mind somewhat dated graphics. It's sequel, Condemned 2: Bloodshot, is also good, but kind of loses focus on horror in a few parts. I picked up the 2 games for 15 bucks total, it was worth it.

Maybe if you give us an idea of more games you play, we could help. As of right now,I hope my suggestions help you.

beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#464 beefalo
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts

i am looking for any good 4 player split screen coop games on 360/PS3. My friends and I only really like playing when we are together(not online remotely) and since we have such varied skill levels we prefer coop over versus. I have yet to find any games that let you do more than 2 player split screen in any coop or horde/firefight/survival mode. There are obviously sports games like NBA 2K11(awesome game) and Madden, but I am looking for shooters/action games.

Examples:

Halo 3, ODST and Reach only support 2 player split screen for coop and firefight

Gears of War 1 and 2 only support 2 player split screen for coop and horde

CoD Black Ops only supports 2 player split screen zombies

Why aren't more developers making 4 player split screen support for coop modes??! That is probably the best feature of consoles over PCs....

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 turtlethetaffer

i am looking for any good 4 player split screen coop games on 360/PS3. My friends and I only really like playing when we are together(not online remotely) and since we have such varied skill levels we prefer coop over versus. I have yet to find any games that let you do more than 2 player split screen in any coop or horde/firefight/survival mode.

Examples:

Halo 3, ODST and Reach only support 2 player split screen for coop and firefight

Gears of War 1 and 2 only support 2 player split screen and horde

Why aren't more developers making 4 player split screen support for coop modes??! That is probably the best feature of consoles over PCs....

beefalo

Borderlands perhaps? I'm not sure if the split screen is 4 player though.

ReaverGod666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#466 ReaverGod666
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

Your in a bit of a tricky situation. There aren't many games out there that support 4 player split screen campaign (at least, none that I know of). If your looking for 4 player split screen multiplayer, try Call of Duty Black Ops. I know some people say it sucks, but it's actually a pretty solid game. Resistance isn't bad for that either (eventhough it is a little outdated).Otherwise, you'll just have to play online remotely. If your worried about communication, why not just try using headsets?

beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 beefalo

[QUOTE="beefalo"]

i am looking for any good 4 player split screen coop games on 360/PS3. My friends and I only really like playing when we are together(not online remotely) and since we have such varied skill levels we prefer coop over versus. I have yet to find any games that let you do more than 2 player split screen in any coop or horde/firefight/survival mode.

Examples:

turtlethetaffer

Thanks, looks like borderlands is 2 player split screen as well.
beefalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 beefalo

Your in a bit of a tricky situation. There aren't many games out there that support 4 player split screen campaign (at least, none that I know of). If your looking for 4 player split screen multiplayer, try Call of Duty Black Ops. I know some people say it sucks, but it's actually a pretty solid game. Resistance isn't bad for that either (eventhough it is a little outdated).Otherwise, you'll just have to play online remotely. If your worried about communication, why not just try using headsets?

ReaverGod666
thanks. Do have black ops and play 2 player split screen zombies...but some of my friends would get slaughtered if we played local versus, even on the same team against novice bots. In some cases my friends don't have the console or the game to play online with me, also we tend to only want to play when we are together.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="beefalo"]

Examples:

beefalo

Thanks, looks like borderlands is 2 player split screen as well.

Yeah sorry I couldn't help. Maybe you should try other systems? For instance, I know Dragon quest IX for DS allows up to 4 player co op and that game is a great JRPG.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#470 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Should I play the original Metal Gear Solid or Twin Snakes on the Gamecube?

Avatar image for ShadowsGameTime
ShadowsGameTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 ShadowsGameTime
Member since 2011 • 114 Posts
Hey i need some games for Wii worth buying.. i dont care about genre ive played every kind of genre there is and i love them...mostly. PLEASE NO GAMES THAT ARE COMPILED OF A BUNCH OF MINI-GAMES Example: Carnival games for wii
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
some games for Wii worth buying.. ShadowsGameTime
*crickets chirping*
superbeast101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 superbeast101
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know of a creepy game for PC, I have played the dead spaces the fears and bioshocks. If they are new that is preferable but not a must.
YouVandal3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 YouVandal3
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Ok... I have heard FOREVER about these Yakuza games... I looked at one at the store today and seems cool. Im not one whos into those anime like games which is what i kinda anticipated it to be but from the looks its not at all!

I really like all types of genres like adventure FPS Horror survival puzzle and what not, is Yakuza 3 any good??? And what about Yakuza 4???

Would it be ok to play 4 before 3???

what kind of game is this exactly that i might be getting myself into??

Thanks!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-58a303e6d1cf7
deactivated-58a303e6d1cf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 deactivated-58a303e6d1cf7
Is Gundam: Dynasty Warriors 3 any good? I never played the last 2 so I'm curious.
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Does anyone know of a creepy game for PC, I have played the dead spaces the fears and bioshocks. If they are new that is preferable but not a must.superbeast101

Amnesia is supposedly terrifying.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="superbeast101"]Does anyone know of a creepy game for PC, I have played the dead spaces the fears and bioshocks. If they are new that is preferable but not a must.Atmanix

Oh that's not nice. She is in your iMod class too:(
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

[QUOTE="Atmanix"]

[QUOTE="superbeast101"]Does anyone know of a creepy game for PC, I have played the dead spaces the fears and bioshocks. If they are new that is preferable but not a must.Dracula68

Oh that's not nice. She is in your iMod class too:(

:lol:

She's probably terrifying too if you get her angry.

Jetbates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Jetbates
Try Pursuit Force & Pursuit Force Extreme Justice
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#481 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Which game do you like more? Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? I can borrow both games from my cousin and he said to me that he liked Fallout 3. But if I see some games in his list I asked myself why he bought some of his games. Which game should I borrow, and if I like it I'm buying it, first?
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

ZIVX

I preferred the gamecub version myself. They optimized the gameplay, and the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of the original.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="ZIVX"]

Baconbits2004

I preferred the gamecub version myself. They optimized the gameplay, and the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of the original.

I agree. From what I understand, the Gamecube version is superior in every way. Plus it's fun to mess with guards.

YouVandal3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 YouVandal3
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Negative on yakuza games then...?

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]Which game do you like more? Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? I can borrow both games from my cousin and he said to me that he liked Fallout 3. But if I see some games in his list I asked myself why he bought some of his games. Which game should I borrow, and if I like it I'm buying it, first?

I played both and put a ton of hours in but IMO I liked FO3 better. Both are good games but keep in mind ... you'll will miss out on some serious sunshine time no matter which you take advantage of! Good Times! :)
ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#486 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

[QUOTE="ZIVX"]

turtlethetaffer

I preferred the gamecube version myself. They optimized the gameplay, and the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of the original.

I agree. From what I understand, the Gamecube version is superior in every way. Plus it's fun to mess with guards.

Superior in every way except for the cutscenes, the cutscenes are a little over-the-top, but it's a good game and if you get it, I'm rather envious of you. Plus, it's a rare game. If you don't like it, it's going to sell for more. But I'm sure you'll like it.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#487 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Which game do you like more? Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? I can borrow both games from my cousin and he said to me that he liked Fallout 3. But if I see some games in his list I asked myself why he bought some of his games. Which game should I borrow, and if I like it I'm buying it, first?Dexter-010

I'd go with Fallout 3. I personally haven't played New Vegas, but I loved Fallout 3 and so did my girlfriend, and she got New Vegas and hated it with a passion. She didn't even pass the three hour mark in it. So, I'd say go with your cousin's oppinion.

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 nima_metal90
Member since 2009 • 775 Posts

i own ps3 and stuck between 3games to buy(i knw some of them didn't come out yet), i can buy only 1of them &the important part of the game, for me are online multiplayer and good maps and good graphics. these are the games: battlefield3, killzone3, resistance3

thnx4helpin

DyogoP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 DyogoP
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey, I'm looking for some videogames. I would like you to put these games on order (best to worst) and give your opinion.

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

FIFA 11 (PS3)

Naughty Bear (PS3)

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

L.A. Noire (PS3)

Heavy Rain (PS3)

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3)

Hitman: Blood Money (PS2)

Jaws Unleashed (PS2)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (PS2)

Mafia 2 (PS3)

Condemned 2 (PS2)

Ju-on: The Grudge (Wii)

X-Files: Resist or Serve (PS2)

Predator: Concrete Jungle (PS2)

The Bigs 2 (Wii)

I would really like your help...

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 turtlethetaffer

Hey, I'm looking for some videogames. I would like you to put these games on order (best to worst) and give your opinion.

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

FIFA 11 (PS3)

Naughty Bear (PS3)

L.A. Noire (PS3)

Heavy Rain (PS3)

Jaws Unleashed (PS2)

Mafia 2 (PS3)

Condemned 2 (PS2)

The Bigs 2 (Wii)

DyogoP

I've only played a few of those games. RE4 is an absolute Masterpeice, I played it on cube and I heard it's even better on Wii so that's definitley worth getting. Condemned 2 is pretty good, but there are some problems with it. (Sometimes enemies get cheap shots and there seems to be too big a focus on guns.) However it is also worth playing. Red Dead Redemption is okay. the shooting if very fun, but miisions that involve things like horse gathering and stuff are plain boring, and I didn't like the story too much either. However I'd say it's still worth playing because the shooting is very good and the ending is good as well.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#491 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Okay, here we go.

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

FIFA 11 (PS3)

Heavy Rain (PS3)

Mafia 2 (PS3)

L.A. Noire (PS3)

The Bigs 2 (Wii)

Naughty Bear (PS3)

Condemned 2 (PS2)

Jaws Unleashed (PS2)

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
[QUOTE="DyogoP"]

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

FIFA 11 (PS3)

Naughty Bear (PS3)

L.A. Noire (PS3)

Heavy Rain (PS3)

Jaws Unleashed (PS2)

Mafia 2 (PS3)

Condemned 2 (PS2)

The Bigs 2 (Wii)

RE4, LA Noire, RDR, and Heavy Rain are the titles that you should start off with
Semitela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Semitela
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i´ve been wondering for which platform i should get Duels of the Planeswalker 2012...i own a ps3 and a pc...my question is mostly multiplayerwise but other topics would be appreciated.

thanks

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
RE4 = amazing.
Chronoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Chronoblivion
I'm looking for a casual game with good local/offline co-op. My fiancee is not a gamer but is interested in trying out some games with me, provided that they aren't too difficult. I have PS3, PC, and Wii/GC at the moment, and am fine with older titles, like retro downloads and such. Something with easy control system/doesn't use too many buttons is preferred. Alternatively, I'd like some recommendations for good spectator games. I never got around to playing Mass Effect, but I heard the story was great and can be enjoyed by the audience, not just the person playing the game. Anything like that, or games that have a lot of puzzle elements that can be worked on cooperatively.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 turtlethetaffer

I'm looking for a casual game with good local/offline co-op. My fiancee is not a gamer but is interested in trying out some games with me, provided that they aren't too difficult. I have PS3, PC, and Wii/GC at the moment, and am fine with older titles, like retro downloads and such. Something with easy control system/doesn't use too many buttons is preferred. Alternatively, I'd like some recommendations for good spectator games. I never got around to playing Mass Effect, but I heard the story was great and can be enjoyed by the audience, not just the person playing the game. Anything like that, or games that have a lot of puzzle elements that can be worked on cooperatively.Chronoblivion

Portal 2 has a co op feature. Also try one of the Smash Brothers games.