PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

For some reason Spec Ops The Line embargo break got Toto's Hold the Line stuck in my head now.

gpuFX16

I'm late, but I love Toto. While I'm on music, how do you guys go about discovering new stuff? I'm in a listening mood right now.

One word--Pandora.In the last 4 years(?) or so I have found a ****load of new music and purchased it legally on iTunes.

#352 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="BranKetra"] So what's your major?

I get a B. Comm and my major is Business Technology Management, basically a fusion of Information Systems and Business.
#353 Posted by Amnesiac23 (8272 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuFX16"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

For some reason Spec Ops The Line embargo break got Toto's Hold the Line stuck in my head now.

Dracula68

I'm late, but I love Toto. While I'm on music, how do you guys go about discovering new stuff? I'm in a listening mood right now.

One word--Pandora.In the last 4 years(?) or so I have found a ****load of new music and purchased it legally on iTunes.

This is how I discover music as well. If I don't have the money to buy music I'll listen to Pandora for a while and make a list of all the songs I really like so I can purchase them later from either iTunes or Google Play.
#354 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="gpuFX16"]

Amnesiac23

This is how I discover music as well. If I don't have the money to buy music I'll listen to Pandora for a while and make a list of all the songs I really like so I can purchase them later from either iTunes or Google Play.

Welcome back Miss!

#355 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

My personal anticipation: If everything goes well, and the sequel sells at least as much the first game, there will be a story(sequel) for each horseman, or at least another one for the remaining two(Fury and Strife), and then in the last game it will pick up where Darksiders left off, which in my opinion is great, as you get to know more about each and every one of them, also about the Darksiders universe. What do you think?lShadyl

Oh no doubt. It's the only way they can go. Probably want to get the most out of the series, anyway.

#356 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] So what's your major?

I get a B. Comm and my major is Business Technology Management, basically a fusion of Information Systems and Business.

Okay. Good luck with that.
#357 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
What kind of game is Darksiders?
#358 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

What kind of game is Darksiders?Swanogt19

A lot of people say it's a mix of Zelda, Devil May Cry, and some like to throw God of War in the mix.
I haven't played Zelda, so I really can't give my opinion on that one. However, I have played both Devil May Cry, and God of War, and I can tell you, while you sometimes certainly get that feeling during the game, I think, as opposed to what critiques say, it actually DOES have it's own identity!
I personally think the game has all the aspects that make a game great:

Great story, check.
Smooth gameplay(mechanics), check.
Impressive visuals, check.

Overall, you will enjoy this experience, more so, it will leave you wanting more.

I have said it before and I will say it again, you(everyone) should really play the game before Darksiders II comes out!

#359 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuFX16"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

purchased it legally? you're quite the rabble-rouser.
#360 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] purchased it legally? you're quite the rabble-rouser.

Look at you talking about illegal things. :P
#361 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] purchased it legally? you're quite the rabble-rouser.

Look at you talking about illegal things. :P

I never used that word. =P
#362 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I never used that word. =P

Sure ya didn't. :P
#363 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

Came across a sweet deal for X-Men: The Arcade game on XBox Live for like 400 MS points. I had 450 MS points and said "Sure, why not?" Good deal...fun times today with the game too! :)

#364 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I found someone on Craig's list who was selling the original arcade machine of X-Men the arcade game. For a couple of grand of course. Too bad that was one game that always required to pay a dollar to play just one game.
#365 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -

Came across a sweet deal for X-Men: The Arcade game on XBox Live for like 400 MS points. I had 450 MS points and said "Sure, why not?" Good deal...fun times today with the game too! :)

Metamania
I got a comparable deal with Sonic CD off PSN for 3 dollars. Haven't even bothered playing it since I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
#366 Posted by Amnesiac23 (8272 posts) -

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

Welcome back Miss!

Why thank ya! It's been a while, but it's good to be back...again. lol
#367 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -

Just beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I beat NGB several times, but this is a first. Overall, I still prefer Black. The updated gameplay mechanics and new weapon and cutscenes are good, but they should have kept the music as it was and made the Rachel chapters completely optional (My major issue with the game). I also like how they have the floating Tecmo logo make the Xbox power on sound as if to remind everyone what console it was original on.

#368 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

I can't play Ninja Gaiden, at least not the new games. I remember Ninja Gaiden II (for XBox) making me so mad that I almost smashed the controller into my TV.

#369 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
Why does the 4th have to land on a Wednesday? So lame.....
#370 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting Driver: San Francisco,

Is it a good starting point for someone who's never played a Driver game?

c_rake

:D

Or is it connected to the previous ones and I'll feel lost?

#371 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
Why does the 4th have to land on a Wednesday? So lame.....Dracula68
so you can't get drunk at 10am?
#372 Posted by MethodManFTW (25584 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

lShadyl

Yeah you can definitely start with Driver SF.
#373 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]Why does the 4th have to land on a Wednesday? So lame.....Allicrombie
so you can't get drunk at 10am?

lol Had it been a day later or sooner I would have had a 4 day weekend.
#374 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

MethodManFTW

Yeah you can definitely start with Driver SF.

I appreciate the extremely quick response, but...mind answering that second question too?
#375 Posted by MethodManFTW (25584 posts) -
Main characters are shared between the games but the stories are separate, you won't feel lost.
#376 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
I iz bored.
#377 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Main characters are shared between the games but the stories are separate, you won't feel lost.MethodManFTW
Thanks, again.

I iz bored.Allicrombie
Aren't you supposed to be going through your Lego collection?

#379 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

I iz bored.Allicrombie

Stop being bored then.

#380 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="lShadyl"] Aren't you supposed to be going through your Lego collection?

I've had the worst luck with lego games recently. I always get to a part where I have no idea what to do next and I'm too lazy to look it up online so I just stop playing.
#381 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
I iz bored.Allicrombie
Go play games! I am jealous as I have to sit here until at least 5pm.....
#382 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

[QUOTE="lShadyl"] Aren't you supposed to be going through your Lego collection?Allicrombie
I've had the worst luck with lego games recently. I always get to a part where I have no idea what to do next and I'm too lazy to look it up online so I just stop playing.

You're too lazy to entertain yourself?

Also, listen to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMVwZRJ-UQ

#383 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
#384 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I iz bored.Dracula68
Go play games! I am jealous as I have to sit here until at least 5pm.....

not in the mood for button mashing games. I guess there's always Skyrim, saw people on my XBL friends list playing it for the first time in months last night.
#385 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -
#386 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
#387 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
#388 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

[QUOTE="lShadyl"][QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Hey gamers is this game worth 600 points?

Dracula68

Have you played the first one?

No...do I need to?

Not sure, as I didn't finish the first, and haven't gotten the second, but I think it might be nice.

On the other hand, If you haven't played Shank yet, you should get that instead.

#389 Posted by MethodManFTW (25584 posts) -
Man, I loved Shank 1.
#390 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Man, I loved Shank 1.MethodManFTW
What about Shank 2?

#391 Posted by MethodManFTW (25584 posts) -
Didn't love it.. -- I watched like 10 episodes of Game of Thrones last night. Good stuff. [spoiler] Man, that kid king is a douche, huh? [/spoiler]
#392 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -
Didn't love it.. MethodManFTW
Why not?
#393 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

No...do I need to?Dracula68

I wouldn't think so. The stories in them seem pretty self-contained.

#395 Posted by MethodManFTW (25584 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Didn't love it.. lShadyl
Why not?

I really liked the story of Shank 1, really didn't like the story of Shank 2. :P
#396 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]No...do I need to?c_rake

I wouldn't think so. The stories in them seem pretty self-contained.

You play both?
#397 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="lShadyl"] Aren't you supposed to be going through your Lego collection?Allicrombie

And I thought the Lego games were really simple...?

#398 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

On another note, my Linkin Park and Offspring albums arrived today, including their new records, which came out two days ago. Lots of music to sort through! :)

#399 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="lShadyl"] Aren't you supposed to be going through your Lego collection?Metamania

And I thought the Lego games were really simple...?

they are, for the most part, just many of the objectives aren't clearly spelled out, so many times its hard to know what you're supposed to be doing or where to go.
#400 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

You play both?Dracula68

No, only the first. But, based on what I've heard about the second game, it doesn't seem like there'd be any strong connections between them.