PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

Be careful. I don't know about you but I once hit Lego repetitiveness and could not play one for a while. I had to skip the Lego Pirates one.

Dracula68
I'm not going to play all of them in a row. I'll break it up and play it from time to time.
Five Lego games? That reminds me, I need to pick up Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. >_>Yagr_Zero
Yea, the 2 Harry Potter games, Indiana Jones 2, SW 3: Clone Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Already have Lego Batman on Steam but have yet to play it though.
#152 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -

Lego my Batman DC something or another is on its way to me. First Lego game with real voices I believe. Hopefully it helps me get out of this paranoid glitch funk I am in right Chickn?

Dracula68
You are quite paranoid, i must agree
#153 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Yea, the 2 Harry Potter games, Indiana Jones 2, SW 3: Clone Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Already have Lego Batman on Steam but have yet to play it though.

You know put me in a Lego playing mood. Great.
#154 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Yea, the 2 Harry Potter games, Indiana Jones 2, SW 3: Clone Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Already have Lego Batman on Steam but have yet to play it though.

You know put me in a Lego playing mood. Great.

You're quite welcome.
#155 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I was at bestbuy today, I was informed there is a sale that is not advised on used games for any console. Buy 2 used games get 1 free. Just so everyone knows, but it wouldn't hurt to ask about it when you're at the store.
#156 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
You know what a good past time is? Drinking heavily and watching Murder She Wrote. Wish I didn't finish Fallout 3 already. Might be a good substitute for old television shows.
#157 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

Wow. Five Lego games with FFXIII-2? That's a lot of freaking games!

#158 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Lego my Batman DC something or another is on its way to me. First Lego game with real voices I believe. Hopefully it helps me get out of this paranoid glitch funk I am in right Chickn?

Dracula68

Isn't Lego LOTR going to be the first game to feature a full voice game?

Not released as this released today is my guess.

Yeah...on another note, Drac, have you seen the Darksiders II live-action trailer yet?

#159 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

Metamania
Yea, just been in the mood to play some Lego games and had credit on Amazon so why not.
#160 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

(First post on GS' forums)

What are your thoughts on E3 this year guys?

To me, Watch Dogs was the star of this year's E3.

On a completely different and un-related note, when I saw Far Cry 3 on the show, I thought I might start the Far Cry series.

Playing the first one, and currently I'm at the part right after the first encounter with Richard Crowe(where's he's on the helicopter), however I can't get my head completely around the story, if anyone can tell me who Jack Carver is and why was he riding that boat in the first place(at the begining of the game) cause I get the feeling like I'm missing something, but please, if you're going to explain, keep it spoiler-free, especially if it's supposed to be that way and they're going to explain everything later on in the game.

Thanks in advance!

#161 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

ExoticAnimal

Yea, just been in the mood to play some Lego games and had credit on Amazon so why not.

Think you'll play and beat them or will they be added to your backlog?

#162 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -

(First post on GS' forums)

What are your thoughts on E3 this year guys?

To me, Watch Dogs was the star of this year's E3.

On a completely different and un-related note, when I saw Far Cry 3 on the show, I thought I might start the Far Cry series.

Playing the first one, and currently I'm at the part right after the first encounter with Richard Crowe(where's he's on the helicopter), however I can't get my head completely around the story, if anyone can tell me who Jack Carver is and why was he riding that boat in the first place(at the begining of the game) cause I get the feeling like I'm missing something, but please, if you're going to explain, keep it spoiler-free, especially if it's supposed to be that way and they're going to explain everything later on in the game.

Thanks in advance!

lShadyl
Watch Dogs was a good show. It definitely peaked my interest more than a little bit. I was really intrigued by the new Sims game that's coming out. That...and the Last of Us. That looked really really good.
#163 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Watch Dogs was a good show. It definitely peaked my interest more than a little bit. I was really intrigued by the new Sims game that's coming out. That...and the Last of Us. That looked really really good.chicknfeet

To me, Watch Dogs stole this year's E3, after that The Last of Us, then I was impressed by Star Wars: 1313's graphics.

#164 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Think you'll play and beat them or will they be added to your backlog?

Prob beat two or three of them this summer and rest will go in the backlog.
#165 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

^At least you'll give a few of them some of your time.

On another note, I sat here, for a good two-three hours, watching 50 replays of Street Fighter X Tekken matches just so that I can get an achievement called Observer that's worth 30 G. God I have no life...!

#166 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Never played any of the Lego games.

Also, I was thinking of trying out GTA IV, is it worth it?

#167 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Never played any of the Lego games.

Also, I was thinking of trying out GTA IV, is it worth it?

lShadyl
You can find GTAIV with the two DLC add-ons for like $19.99 now I believe. Pretty worth it.
#168 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

You can find GTAIV with the two DLC add-ons for like $19.99 now I believe. Pretty worth it.Haziqonfire

Thanks!

Also, guys, what are your thought on DoA 5?

#169 Posted by BranKetra (47947 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Replaying Xenogears for the millionth time. Game is sooo good. Also, downloaded the first season of Game of Thrones to see if I like it.. Starting episode 1 now. :O

This post prompted me to get Xenogears off PSN last night.
#170 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
This post prompted me to get Xenogears off PSN last night.BranKetra
Such a great game. I think i still have my cousin's copy of that for the original PS...though i'll be damned if i knew where the memory card was at with the save file
#171 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

Xenogears is a fantastic RPG. It's a shame that the second disc was rushed though; hated the fast pacing of that one and how you really couldn't travel to anywhere else at all, not even revisit towns. It's my hope that they someday put that out as an HD remastered version or something and fix the problems included in it, including an option to speed up the dialogue. Tons and tons of dialogue to go through in that one!

#172 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

Yeah...on another note, Drac, have you seen the Darksiders II live-action trailer yet?

Metamania

No, I have this rule where I don't allow myself to watch or read anything about games I am looking forward to like DS II and BL 2 for this year.

#173 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Dracula68

No, I have this rule where I don't allow myself to watch or read anything about games I am looking forward to like DS II and BL 2 for this year.

Ah, just asking. I haven't watched that trailer either. I'm very excited for both games, as you are! :)

#174 Posted by Garfield360UK (19509 posts) -
So is anybody else here in a gaming droll at the moment? I have been buying games but not really playing much of them, I seem to keep going back to Team Fortress 2 on PC and Fifa 12 on Xbox for playing online. Outside of that I just can not get into my recent games (including Ghost Recon Future Soldier as I just feel disappointed with that game). I was also pretty disappointed with this years E3 and a lack of anything major being shown (bar the likes of Need for Speed, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed 3, and maybe the New Star Wars, nothing really surprised me in terms of what was shown). So yeah, anybody else feeling like this at the moment?
#175 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

So is anybody else here in a gaming droll at the moment? I have been buying games but not really playing much of them, I seem to keep going back to Team Fortress 2 on PC and Fifa 12 on Xbox for playing online. Outside of that I just can not get into my recent games (including Ghost Recon Future Soldier as I just feel disappointed with that game). I was also pretty disappointed with this years E3 and a lack of anything major being shown (bar the likes of Need for Speed, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed 3, and maybe the New Star Wars, nothing really surprised me in terms of what was shown). So yeah, anybody else feeling like this at the moment?Garfield360UK

Not at the moment but I have felt it a few times in recent years. I was also disappointed by E3. I still say it was the worst one I ever witnessed. Nothing at all interested me.

#176 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]So is anybody else here in a gaming droll at the moment? I have been buying games but not really playing much of them, I seem to keep going back to Team Fortress 2 on PC and Fifa 12 on Xbox for playing online. Outside of that I just can not get into my recent games (including Ghost Recon Future Soldier as I just feel disappointed with that game). I was also pretty disappointed with this years E3 and a lack of anything major being shown (bar the likes of Need for Speed, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed 3, and maybe the New Star Wars, nothing really surprised me in terms of what was shown). So yeah, anybody else feeling like this at the moment?Dracula68

Not at the moment but I have felt it a few times in recent years. I was also disappointed by E3. I still say it was the worst one I ever witnessed. Nothing at all interested me.

The conferences in E3 were also very disappointing. They simply don't have a clue on how to make themselves better, IMO.

#177 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Speaking of the conferences, every year it is more and more obvious that it is all about the market to them and not the customer satisfaction.

I mean, yes, it is a business, and you have to make money, but when you're an international company and it starts to seem to the customers like that's your only goal...I guess that means something's terribly wrong.

Your thoughts guys?

#178 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Just bought 5 Lego games along with Final Fantasy XIII-2 recently with the gift cards I had on Amazon.

Five Lego games? That reminds me, I need to pick up Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. >_>

me too.
#179 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Speaking of the conferences, every year it is more and more obvious that it is all about the market to them and not the customer satisfaction.

I mean, yes, it is a business, and you have to make money, but when you're an international company and it starts to seem to the customers like that's your only goal...I guess that means something's terribly wrong.

Your thoughts guys?

lShadyl

It's gotta be a product of the bigger and bigger audiences their broadcasting too. Before they were very insular events, streamed by very few outlets. Now they're on national television, so of course they're going to focus their marketing efforts to leverage the increasing number of viewers.

They need to scale down for a year, I think, see what happens. Maybe by prohibiting streams they'll deliver a more focused conference.

#180 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] me too.

Gotta get my Harry Potter video game fix in. >_>
#181 Posted by BranKetra (47947 posts) -
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]This post prompted me to get Xenogears off PSN last night.chicknfeet
Such a great game. I think i still have my cousin's copy of that for the original PS...though i'll be damned if i knew where the memory card was at with the save file

Yeah. If you had my old playstation memory, it wouldn't matter. It started reformatting itself. So many good saves gone forever. At least most of them were already beaten.

Xenogears is a fantastic RPG. It's a shame that the second disc was rushed though; hated the fast pacing of that one and how you really couldn't travel to anywhere else at all, not even revisit towns. It's my hope that they someday put that out as an HD remastered version or something and fix the problems included in it, including an option to speed up the dialogue. Tons and tons of dialogue to go through in that one!

Metamania
Speeding up the dialogue would make it better game.
#182 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

Yes, it certainly would Bran. But the story is so good...confusing at times (I'm not religious, so it was difficult to understand at some points).

#183 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Your thoughts guys?

c_rake

It's gotta be a product of the bigger and bigger audiences their broadcasting too. Before they were very insular events, streamed by very few outlets. Now they're on national television, so of course they're going to focus their marketing efforts to leverage the increasing number of viewers.

They need to scale down for a year, I think, see what happens. Maybe by prohibiting streams they'll deliver a more focused conference.

Yes, as I already said, I understand that it is a business, and you have to make efforts to make it appeal to the customer(especially the newcommers), however, from a gamer's point of view, it's just not very interesting when 1/2 - 3/4 of the conference is about your new technology or your new device, don't you agree?

#184 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Yes, as I already said, I understand that it is a business, and you have to make efforts to make it appeal to the customer(especially the newcommers), however, from a gamer's point of view, it's just not very interesting when 1/2 - 3/4 of the conference is about your new technology or your new device, don't you agree?lShadyl

Yes. Hence why I said they should scale back on things for a year and see whether the press conferences change their tune or not.

#185 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]Yes, as I already said, I understand that it is a business, and you have to make efforts to make it appeal to the customer(especially the newcommers), however, from a gamer's point of view, it's just not very interesting when 1/2 - 3/4 of the conference is about your new technology or your new device, don't you agree?c_rake

Yes. Hence why I said they should scale back on things for a year and see whether the press conferences change their tune or not.

Exactly.

Guys, what are your most anticipated games that are currently in development?

#186 Posted by BranKetra (47947 posts) -

Yes, it certainly would Bran. But the story is so good...confusing at times (I'm not religious, so it was difficult to understand at some points).

Metamania
Meta, even though I study religions and used to be a Christian (now agnostic), there are still things I don't understand. Do you mean to say they purposely didn't include the option to change text speed. In other words, they forced people to pay attention to the story?
#187 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]Yes, as I already said, I understand that it is a business, and you have to make efforts to make it appeal to the customer(especially the newcommers), however, from a gamer's point of view, it's just not very interesting when 1/2 - 3/4 of the conference is about your new technology or your new device, don't you agree?lShadyl

Exactly.

Guys, what are your most anticipated games that are currently in development?

I think we all want to see more Pikmin >.>
#188 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

I think we all want to see more Pikmin >.>Allicrombie

We do?

#189 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I think we all want to see more Pikmin >.>c_rake

We do?

Never had a Wii, never tried Pikmin, so, I'll second that, we do?
#190 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I think we all want to see more Pikmin >.>lShadyl

We do?

Never had a Wii, never tried Pikmin, so, I'll second that, we do?

naturally.
#191 Posted by lShadyl (179 posts) -

Okay, so I guess we're done with that question then, huh?

What are your thoughts on the next-gen demos that we've been seeing recently (Agni's Philosophy / Unreal Engine 4)? And how do you think it's going to affect the current consoles?

#192 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

naturally.Allicrombie

Were you, by chance, enacting the royale "we" there?

#193 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

BranKetra

Meta, even though I study religions and used to be a Christian (now agnostic), there are still things I don't understand. Do you mean to say they purposely didn't include the option to change text speed. In other words, they forced people to pay attention to the story?

Not what I said at all. I just said that I wished there was an option to speed up the dialogue and I also said that the story was confusing at times.

#194 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
Just completed and got the platinum for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Completely different game than those made in the past and only slightly fun to play though. Hope they don't go in this direction in having it multiplayer focused for their future games.
#195 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -
Go to greenmangaming.com, you all should. get commandos 3 for free, you can! old game it is, so low req's it has.
#196 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
So the voices for Lego BM2 are mostly forgettable and it is understandable as so many different actors/actresses played these characters alone the way so they seemed to have gone mainly with generic run-of-the-mill voices. Whoever voices the Joker has done an excellent job of capturing him and the only voice in the game I recognize is Lex Luthor(can't remember his name but I can see his face). I do love this open world feel to the game though. That said I watched a clip of Lego LOTR and those voices seem to be the real actors.
#197 Posted by MethodManFTW (25523 posts) -
I'm pretty sure I heard all the voice work for the Lotr lego game is ripped from the movie.
#198 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

God damn spammers flooding the board. They're really out in full force today.

Okay, so I guess we're done with that question then, huh?

What are your thoughts on the next-gen demos that we've been seeing recently (Agni's Philosophy / Unreal Engine 4)? And how do you think it's going to affect the current consoles?

lShadyl

I've only watched the Square Enix one, and I'm very skeptical. They can say it's running in real-time all they want, but until I see it running on actual hardware in an actual game, I'll remain doubtful of its validity. I'm sure games will look like that one day, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

#199 Posted by Metamania (11971 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I heard all the voice work for the Lotr lego game is ripped from the movie.MethodManFTW

Yeah, it is. When I watched the LOTR Lego trailer, they were taken straight from the movies, like with Ian Mckellen's famous "You shall not pass!" line. That's from the movie...not sure about the book though!

#200 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

God damn spammers flooding the board. They're really out in full force today.

c_rake

You see why I get tons and tons of thank you pms? They are lucky the point system is gone or I would have levelerd already easily.