Persona 4 Arena (who's the abused character or is it balanced)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nini200 (9455 posts) -
I haven't seen much on it but I just want to know who's the most abused character(s) or is the game actually balanced? Not many balanced fighters have been made recently. KOF13 and VF5 Final Showdown are the only 2 I can think of So is Persona 4 balanced because I'm a huge Shin Megami Tensei/Persona fan and I love fighting games so it combines genres nicely.
#2 Posted by OneSanitarium (6883 posts) -

It's decently balanced.

#3 Posted by nini200 (9455 posts) -
Thats good. Are there any characters that you can be really offensive with like Zero?
#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -
Thats good. Are there any characters that you can be really offensive with like Zero?nini200
Chie.
#5 Posted by nini200 (9455 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"]Thats good. Are there any characters that you can be really offensive with like Zero?MethodManFTW
Chie.

Which IMMEDIATELY makes me NOT want this game now. Thanks for that info Method. I'ma look up videos on that character and see how they play, if it's ANYTHING like Zero, I am not even going to waste my time on this. Unfortunately I REALLY like Persona. I'll have to see this Chie
#6 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="nini200"]Thats good. Are there any characters that you can be really offensive with like Zero?nini200
Chie.

Which IMMEDIATELY makes me NOT want this game now. Thanks for that info Method. I'ma look up videos on that character and see how they play, if it's ANYTHING like Zero, I am not even going to waste my time on this. Unfortunately I REALLY like Persona. I'll have to see this Chie

Well I just mean she is a rush down character. This game is nothing like Marvel if that is what you are trying to compare it too.
#7 Posted by nini200 (9455 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] Chie.

Well I just mean she is a rush down character. This game is nothing like Marvel if that is what you are trying to compare it too.

I just watched her fight. She's actually alot like my Guilty gear character Jam Kuradoberi. I see what you mean as far as rush down. It's not really Chie that's the issue, it's her persona. Her persona looks like it can keep some combos going. I'm liking the dude with the chair too. He's looking quite beast lol I also like his originality. Really hitting you with a chair? That is imaginative. I may purchase this game now. Mainly I just didn't want one character to be full out unstoppable offense like Zero with his Lightning Traps and unending attacks.
#8 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="nini200"] Which IMMEDIATELY makes me NOT want this game now. Thanks for that info Method. I'ma look up videos on that character and see how they play, if it's ANYTHING like Zero, I am not even going to waste my time on this. Unfortunately I REALLY like Persona. I'll have to see this Chie

I just watched her fight. She's actually alot like my Guilty gear character Jam Kuradoberi. I see what you mean as far as rush down. It's not really Chie that's the issue, it's her persona. Her persona looks like it can keep some combos going. I'm liking the dude with the chair too. He's looking quite beast lol I also like his originality. Really hitting you with a chair? That is imaginative. I may purchase this game now. Mainly I just didn't want one character to be full out unstoppable offense like Zero with his Lightning Traps and unending attacks.

Well Zero is hardly unstoppable.. Sure, he's good, but plenty of characters in Marvel are.
#9 Posted by Falru (81 posts) -

Probably the only character one would consider unbalanced is Mitsuru, but she's also rather difficult to play so it's not like anyone can just pick her and win. She is a bit too powerful though imo.

As far as "never-ending offense" the most obvious character for that is Akihiko, but that's entirely what he's designed around. His attacks come in two flavors: short range and very short range. He doesn't have any projectiles either so he has to zone very carefully in order to close distance (made more difficult by how everyone can use evasive moves)