Pc games vs console games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrome_skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chrome_skate
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Do you think that pc games=strategy, rpg, puzzle and adventure and console games=action, shooter, racing and fighting for example?

do you think that pc games are more likely designed to think while playing and consoles are more likely designed to jump into the action?

thank you

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
Nope any genre is made on any platform. For the most part pc games look better, but the keyboard and mouse is harder to use, and consoles are easier to play and regardless of what some people say, they dont have terrible graphics. Also stratergy games on consoles suck compared to the pc versions.
Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rick_Sure
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

PC can do all of them well. RTS does not work on PS3/360.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts
Nope any genre is made on any platform. For the most part pc games look better, but the keyboard and mouse is harder to use, and consoles are easier to play and regardless of what some people say, they dont have terrible graphics. Also stratergy games on consoles suck compared to the pc versions.Tazzman1000
M/K is easy to use and far better than controllers for fps etc , consoles generally do have terrible graphics, and as the other guy said pc can do ALL genres of games.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tazzman1000
[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"]Nope any genre is made on any platform. For the most part pc games look better, but the keyboard and mouse is harder to use, and consoles are easier to play and regardless of what some people say, they dont have terrible graphics. Also stratergy games on consoles suck compared to the pc versions.jonleeprice
M/K is easy to use and far better than controllers for fps etc , consoles generally do have terrible graphics, and as the other guy said pc can do ALL genres of games.

Not really seeing as the pc controlles are all about the place and for fps you have to have quick reflexes, but hey what do i know i dont buy fps's on pc. But graphics are not terrible on consoles, just some gaming pc's have increadibly good graphics cards which cost a bomb but make everything look amazing
Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rick_Sure

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="Tazzman1000"]Nope any genre is made on any platform. For the most part pc games look better, but the keyboard and mouse is harder to use, and consoles are easier to play and regardless of what some people say, they dont have terrible graphics. Also stratergy games on consoles suck compared to the pc versions.Tazzman1000

Not really seeing as the pc controlles are all about the place and for fps you have to have quick reflexes, but hey what do i know i dont buy fps's on pc. But graphics are not terrible on consoles, just some gaming pc's have increadibly good graphics cards which cost a bomb but make everything look amazing

Most PC games allow you to configure what buttons you want to use. I used to play alot around the arrow keys and having the number pad as keys I use often as well as the buttons around it. In the end I learned to play with WASD and prefer the KB/M to play batman of the game pad. I only use my game pad for FIFA and driving games.

Failed quote

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tazzman1000
[QUOTE="Rick_Sure"][QUOTE="Tazzman1000"][QUOTE="jonleeprice"] M/K is easy to use and far better than controllers for fps etc , consoles generally do have terrible graphics, and as the other guy said pc can do ALL genres of games.

Most PC games allow you to configure what buttons you want to use. I used to play alot around the arrow keys and having the number pad as keys I use often as well as the buttons around it. In the end I learned to play with WASD and prefer the KB/M to play batman of the game pad. I only use my game pad for FIFA and driving games. Not really seeing as the pc controlles are all about the place and for fps you have to have quick reflexes, but hey what do i know i dont buy fps's on pc. But graphics are not terrible on consoles, just some gaming pc's have increadibly good graphics cards which cost a bomb but make everything look amazing

For a minute there i thought your signiture was your response :D but yeah morving with WASD is alot easier then the arrow keys.
Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rick_Sure
[QUOTE="Tazzman1000"][QUOTE="Rick_Sure"][QUOTE="Tazzman1000"] Most PC games allow you to configure what buttons you want to use. I used to play alot around the arrow keys and having the number pad as keys I use often as well as the buttons around it. In the end I learned to play with WASD and prefer the KB/M to play batman of the game pad. I only use my game pad for FIFA and driving games. Not really seeing as the pc controlles are all about the place and for fps you have to have quick reflexes, but hey what do i know i dont buy fps's on pc. But graphics are not terrible on consoles, just some gaming pc's have increadibly good graphics cards which cost a bomb but make everything look amazing

For a minute there i thought your signiture was your response :D but yeah morving with WASD is alot easier then the arrow keys.

Yeah - It was a fail quick quote. I don't find it easier........I am just to lazy to remap 30 keys each time I start a new game.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Do you think that pc games=strategy, rpg, puzzle and adventure and console games=action, shooter, racing and fighting for example?

do you think that pc games are more likely designed to think while playing and consoles are more likely designed to jump into the action?

thank you

chrome_skate
No i dont think that way. You can get a mouse and keyboard for consoles and you can get a wheel and joypad for pc´s so its not like that anymore. So now it revolves around what your pc/console can handle a what you yourself prefer.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

System Wars is that way.