Orange Box: PC or 360 version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts
I'm trying to decide which one to get. Both of them have their strengths and weaknesses.What would you suggest?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Umm... what weaknesses does the PC version have exactly? It costs less than the 360 version. Has achievements. Has better graphics. Has mods. Has dedicated servers for TF2. Automatic updates to fix problems.

What does the 360 version have over the PC version anyways?
CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrossFire245

Umm... what weaknesses does the PC version have exactly? It costs less than the 360 version. Has achievements. Has better graphics. Has mods. Has dedicated servers for TF2. Automatic updates to fix problems.

What does the 360 version have over the PC version anyways?foxhound_fox

I guess your right (although i don't care about the $10 less). I guess the only thing the 360 version has over the PC is that all the games are on one disc.I believe with the PC, you install each game seperatley (not sure though).

I personally like controls of FPS shooters better on consoles than pcs. That's one of the reasons I'm thinking about the 360 version.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I guess your right (although i don't care about the $10 less). I guess the only thing the 360 version has over the PC is that all the games are on one disc.I believe with the PC, you install each game seperatley (not sure though).

I personally like controls of FPS shooters better on consoles than pcs. That's one of the reasons I'm thinking about the 360 version.CrossFire245

On PC, you use Steam. A online service that you can buy, and download all the games to any, no matter how many computers you want. If you can connect to the internet and logon to Steam, you can play your games on that computer without having to even need the discs or cd-keys (and if you buy online, there is no discs or cd-keys).

Of course, this point is a preference, not an advantage or disadvantage.

Mods is probably the biggest thing the PC version has. Not only does it modify the games you get in terms of skins or things like putting the Portal gun in Half Life 2 or Portal multiplayer but you get complete conversions of the game engines, which gives you entirely new games to play. If that alone is not a reason to get the PC version, I don't know one.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrossFire245
[QUOTE="CrossFire245"]I guess your right (although i don't care about the $10 less). I guess the only thing the 360 version has over the PC is that all the games are on one disc.I believe with the PC, you install each game seperatley (not sure though).

I personally like controls of FPS shooters better on consoles than pcs. That's one of the reasons I'm thinking about the 360 version.foxhound_fox

On PC, you use Steam. A online service that you can buy, and download all the games to any, no matter how many computers you want. If you can connect to the internet and logon to Steam, you can play your games on that computer without having to even need the discs or cd-keys (and if you buy online, there is no discs or cd-keys).

Of course, this point is a preference, not an advantage or disadvantage.

Mods is probably the biggest thing the PC version has. Not only does it modify the games you get in terms of skins or things like putting the Portal gun in Half Life 2 or Portal multiplayer but you get complete conversions of the game engines, which gives you entirely new games to play. If that alone is not a reason to get the PC version, I don't know one.

Just one question: Do you have to pay to use Team Fortress 2 online? I'm just a little confused by what you said.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts
This should go in the floated recommendation thread.