Opposite of no games out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -

Hey guys, wanted to see if you guys have ever felt like this. Lately I have noticed there is so many games out to play, especially in my backlog that it is overwhealming. Kinda like when there is so much to do and don't know where to start, you instead do nothing. I spent so long today deciding which game to play, that it is now time to go to bed and I didn't play anything.

Usually I try to keep myself to playing 1 or 2 games at any one time. But lately, especially from steam sales, I will play a game, and before beating it move onto the next because there is so many to get to. At the moment, I have about 10+ games that I am playing, it actually is a bad, messy unorganized feeling for me.

I noticed it lately because I remember it used to be the first part of the year was usually dead quiet, and most devs would save their games for christmas. Now they are coming out at a steady pace year round.

Is it just me and my OCDness? My wallet is feeling it too. I used to atleast come close to 100% beating a game then move on. Now I play for an hour, think hmmmm I might play X game, and move on.

#2 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Hey guys, wanted to see if you guys have ever felt like this. Lately I have noticed there is so many games out to play, especially in my backlog that it is overwhealming. Kinda like when there is so much to do and don't know where to start, you instead do nothing. I spent so long today deciding which game to play, that it is now time to go to bed and I didn't play anything.

Usually I try to keep myself to playing 1 or 2 games at any one time. But lately, especially from steam sales, I will play a game, and before beating it move onto the next because there is so many to get to. At the moment, I have about 10+ games that I am playing, it actually is a bad, messy unorganized feeling for me.

I noticed it lately because I remember it used to be the first part of the year was usually dead quiet, and most devs would save their games for christmas. Now they are coming out at a steady pace year round.

Is it just me and my OCDness? My wallet is feeling it too. I used to atleast come close to 100% beating a game then move on. Now I play for an hour, think hmmmm I might play X game, and move on.

MegaMatt91

Welcome to my World. But I started something that helps a little: Bought an empty book and entered all my games there, now whenever I finish one I poot a checkmark behind the name of the game and then decide which to tacke next.

So, sideways from collecting Trophies I'm now collecting Checkmarks as well x) And that's something that motivates to play as well.

Dunno if it might help for you though, but maybe worth a try.

#3 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
Yeah dude I am going to do that right now. With some games it is tricky. Some games I consider finished playing through them once, like Resistance 3 for example. However Arkham City, I dont feel done until I have 100% everything. I have been smashing through my PS3 backlog now though, only 2 games left. Literally over 50 untouched on steam though, and probably 8 I am currently playing on steam, and 13 DS games. Like you said, I am going to write down the ones I want to finish and cross them off as I get done, and stop myself from buying any new games until I am finished the list. Unless it is some extreme sale. It sounds silly because theyre games, but this is the same feeling I had in high school where all my classes had tonnes of work to do, and I felt overwhealmed and confused. Not to mention it really effects storylines if I am jumping from game to game. Also makes me not enjoy games, and instead think of them like work. I will literally go to "how long to beat " and whatever games I have that are shortest, play and rush through them just to finish it. Gonna have to slow down, and do the way I prefer it, one by one on a list. My old rule of 1 game per console / handheld / PC really went out the window.
#4 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
By the way, not to mention playing so many games makes it impossible to watch hour long shows like breaking bad, or long movies like TDKR
#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -
i have the same dilemma, i used 1 hour one time to decide what to play. So i feel you, but i think in the end you have to say "screw it" and just play one. I try to stick to one game at a time, but sometimes i play two