opinions/thoughts I am on the edge of buy-in a Wii U!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AgeThe6 (176 posts) -

I have been beating around the bush about getting a Wii U system ( to have as a secondary console) I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the GameCube (which was an awesome system) I'm a big fan of super smash Brothers melee. So I'm been getting excited for the new one ( I did not play the one on the Wii) but the one thing that made me want to get one is Bayonetta 2! (super big fan of first one I bought it on my PS3 two times and one time on my old 360) it's possibly my favorite game or at least in my top three of this generation (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Wii generation) so I have a few questions

my first question is -how is the legend of Zelda games? and which ones can be played on the Wii U? ( I love adventure games like Dark Souls)-

my second question -is how is the Nintendo online service such as ( downloadable games can I play old Nintendo games and if so how old are we talking about super Nintendo old or GameCube?)

my third question -is what's some of your favorite games right now that's out for the system?

my fourth question -do you think it's truly worth the price of $300?

thank you guys for taking the time to read this any feedback is very appreciated just a little more info I am trading in a lot of games to see if I can get close a Wii U

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (32058 posts) -

1- The only one available right now is Wind Waker HD,few of the older ones are available with VC

2)Yes,it's called virtual console. NES,SNES,N64 games and some other consoles as well. You have access to the bigger library that was on the Wii as well.

3)Super Mario 3D World,Pikmin 3.

4)Get a refurbished deluxe from Nintendo for 200$,problem solved.

#3 Posted by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

The Wii-U is shaping up to like an incredible console with a nice line up of games! I'am defiantly considering buying one later this year! Lets answer those questions of yours!

my first question is -how is the legend of Zelda games? and which ones can be played on the Wii U? ( I love adventure games like Dark Souls)

The legend of zelda games are fantastic action/rpg's with a lighter approach in some aspects than most rpg's but defiantly a rich story to go along with them. Whilst the Zelda games dont present much challenge in the combat they do have awesome boss fights and tricky puzzles. As far as I'am currently aware all the wii zelda games can be played on the Wii-U, Windwaker hd and possibly the n64 games through the Eshop.

my second question -is how is the Nintendo online service such as ( downloadable games can I play old Nintendo games and if so how old are we talking about super Nintendo old or GameCube?)

I'am not 100% but I do know with the Wii you could download older games, and if that feature is already present on the Wii-U it will definitely be coming 100%

my third question -is what's some of your favorite games right now that's out for the system?

From what I've played, I'd say the Super mario bros, mario kart 8, pikmin 3 and Windwaker are excellent! and plus there are so many games I still want to play that look incredible!

my fourth question -do you think it's truly worth the price of $300?

Honestly $300 is a good price for what you're getting, however I'am so sure if you looked for a preowned console you go waay cheaper! maybe even 200....

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19049 posts) -

1st of all Dark Souls is not an adventure game.... Not even close !

2ndly, you glossed over the most important part of owning a Nintendo Console....... Co-op..... Lots of couch co-op ! :D